PDA

View Full Version : Roscoe Parrish

paladin warrior
09-28-2005, 11:02 PM
How much Roscoe hurt his hand? He have been out about 2 week so far. Roscoe should be ready by now.:pimped:

The Spaz
09-28-2005, 11:05 PM
I say another 2 weeks.

The last buffalo fan
09-28-2005, 11:07 PM
Geez, I'm getting tired of this wait, it has been long. How about Everett??

FlyingDutchman
09-28-2005, 11:24 PM
Geez, I'm getting tired of this wait, it has been long. How about Everett??He may not come back this year. They are going to evaluate him at a certain point, and if they dont think its worth bringing him back then they will just put him on IR and end his season. Id say if hes not back by the end of October, dont expect to see him.(talking about Everett)

SeatownBillsFan21
09-29-2005, 12:23 AM
we need a QB not a WR or a TE

The_Philster
09-29-2005, 02:54 AM
Geez, I'm getting tired of this wait, it has been long. How about Everett??Everett is on the PUP list...he isn't even eligible to practice for about another month

Jan Reimers
09-29-2005, 05:13 AM
we need a QB not a WR or a TE
We have a QB. His name is JP Losman. He is young, inexperienced and struggling at this point, which is very early in his career. If you can't give him a season to develop, I suggest you go back to your X-Box, where all of your fantasies can can be accomplished in 15 minutes.

YardRat
09-29-2005, 05:28 AM
We have a QB. His name is JP Losman. He is young, inexperienced and struggling at this point, which is very early in his career. If you can't give him a season to develop, I suggest you go back to your X-Box, where all of your fantasies can can be accomplished in 15 minutes.
In the mean time, we can stunt the development of other young players such as Evans, McGahee, Parrish (when he returns), etc.; waste possibly Moulds' last year in a Bills uniform, and watch an already aging defense get one year older while an individual player struggles to ride without the training wheels.

Live for today, because you never know what tomorrow might bring...

Tinboy
09-29-2005, 06:32 AM
In the mean time, we can stunt the development of other young players such as Evans, McGahee, Parrish (when he returns), etc.; waste possibly Moulds' last year in a Bills uniform, and watch an already aging defense get one year older while an individual player struggles to ride without the training wheels.

That's what we are doing, JPs our QB right now and he's the best choice period. I've said it before and I will say it again, I've been a Bills fan for 15 years and I'm going to be that next year also even if we go 1-15 with Losman behind the wheels.

McGahee420
09-29-2005, 07:55 AM
Here is what they are saying about Roscoe....

Three Players Questionable: The Bills have three players listed as questionable for Sunday's game. Tim Euhus, Mike Williams, and Coy Wire are all questionable with their injuries. Williams and Wire did not practice today. Euhus practiced more than he did last week. In other injury news, Roscoe Parrish will be evaluated again next Friday to see when he can get the cast off. Coach Mularkey said he's still at least 2-3 weeks away from playing. The Saints have 10 players on the report, all are questionable. Injury Report (http://www.billsdaily.com/injury/).

www.billsdaily.com (http://www.billsdaily.com)

alohabillsfan
09-29-2005, 07:57 AM
Crason Palmer, Eli, Etc... all struggled early. Lets support our team get a couple of vitories and see how he progresses. I think we all hoped he would be the next Jim Kelly but remember Jim played in the USFL first. Let's not give up on JP like Tampa did to the HOF Steve Young.

Jan Reimers
09-29-2005, 10:12 AM
Crason Palmer, Eli, Etc... all struggled early. Lets support our team get a couple of vitories and see how he progresses. I think we all hoped he would be the next Jim Kelly but remember Jim played in the USFL first. Let's not give up on JP like Tampa did to the HOF Steve Young.
Or Atlanta did with Favre, or the Steelers did with Johnny U many years ago.

Jan Reimers
09-29-2005, 10:20 AM

Oh, at my age, I'm the leading proponent of "The Future is Now." But you must apply that rule intelligently. If you keep changing things every five minutes, never staying with anything long enough to know whether or not it will work, you will never get to a successful "Now."

FlyingDutchman
09-29-2005, 10:34 AM

:bf1:

LifetimeBillsFan
09-29-2005, 10:53 AM
Superb comment: I couldn't have said it better!

That's what we are doing, JPs our QB right now and he's the best choice period. I've said it before and I will say it again, I've been a Bills fan for 15 years and I'm going to be that next year also even if we go 1-15 with Losman behind the wheels.
I agree with you and I have been a Bills fan for 45 years. If the Bills go 1-15 with Losman this season, it won't be all his fault. There will be a lot of other guys on the team not doing their jobs for that to happen and they won't have inexperience as an excuse.

Excellent point! Eli is still struggling. I forgot who it was that I heard commenting on Eli, but he was a former player who said that he considers a QB to be a rookie until he has started 16 games in the NFL, regardless of how long he has been in the league. I've also heard a number of commentators who were former players--at least three--say this week that JP's struggles are not unexpected but that with time he's going to be a very good NFL QB. It's all a matter of time. And, how much time it takes for him to "get it" on this level. Having made this committment to him, the Bills would be downright stupid not to give him the time to develop and reap the reward when he is ready to succeed.

McGahee's development is hardly being stunted by the fact that he is going to be the focal point of the offense while JP is developing. Parrish's development is being hurt more by his wrist injury than anything having to do with JP. Now, Evans being hurt somewhat this year, but is still getting valuable game experience himself that will help him down the road.

As for Moulds: he needs to stop whining to the media about how bad things are going for him and give JP more help on and off the field to help him develop faster. At the rate he's going, Moulds is getting very close to becoming a cancer in the lockerroom--which may be exactly what he wants at this point, figuring that there's no way that the Bills are going to keep him next year at the money that they owe him, so he might as well try to talk his way out of town now so that he can catch on with a team that will be willing to pay him next year and perhaps beyond.

Finally, if the guys on the defensive side of the ball don't step up and play a whole lot better than they have the last two games, well, then, they're not good enough as a defense to be a playoff team or make a run at a title no matter who is playing QB. JP had nothing to do with them letting the Bucs drive 70 yards for a TD in a 2-0 game when a playoff caliber defense should get the ball back. JP had nothing to do with the defense allowing W.Dunn to run 59 yards at the end of the first half after the offense had made it a one point game. JP had nothing to do with the defense yielding a second half TD after Spikes had given the team an emotional address at half-time.... Say what you want about JP (I won't argue about the fact that he has stunk the joint out the last two games), this defense that bragged about being so good and knew that they could not ask JP to win games for them at this stage of his career simply hasn't shown that it is good enough to win anything so far. They are dead last in the NFL in rushing defense, giving up more than 40 yards a game more than the next worse team. That's not a playoff caliber defense. And, if they continue to play that way, then it doesn't matter if they get old while JP is developing or not because you can't make a serious run at a title playing that kind of defense even if your QB is Peyton Manning.

There's more wrong with the Bills right now than just JP Losman. The defense has been awful the last two games. The play calling and coaching has been suspect. And, instead of stepping up after everyone on the team acknowledged that they had been "punched in the face" by Tampa Bay, the guys who are supposed to be leaders on this team failed to lead and, with the exception of the special teams, the team flopped like a wet dishrag in what should have been a statement game against Atlanta. That's not what a good team--a serious playoff contender--does, no matter who is playing QB.

dominizzo
09-29-2005, 10:59 AM
Why do you think this guy is going to even do anything when he comes back? He's missed the whole preseason and hardly practiced, even jerry rice didn't do so hot when he first came into the leauge. He's not going to have any impact this year whatsoever except maybe on kick returns. You homers are acting like hes randy moss or something???:lmao:

Jan Reimers
09-29-2005, 11:02 AM

Let's see: Parrish hasn't played a down, so I think his arrested development is due more to his broken wrist than to JP. Willis is getting plenty of work, so I can't really attribute his Tampa Bay debacle to JP. His other two games, though, were pretty good.

The defense is what it is. It may be on the field a little longer due to our offensive struggles, but I simply think our D is overrated, and continually incapable - due to no fault of JP's - of stopping the crucial 3rd down play.

Evans and Moulds may be suffering a little under JP, and they would probably be doing better if Bledsoe were still here, but most of us wanted DB gone. JP is now the QB. Let him play. One good game and most of you will be back on his bandwagon.

The last buffalo fan
09-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Everett is on the PUP list...he isn't even eligible to practice for about another month

He may not come back this year. They are going to evaluate him at a certain point, and if they dont think its worth bringing him back then they will just put him on IR and end his season. Id say if hes not back by the end of October, dont expect to see him.(talking about Everett)
Boy, that's long!!! I guess, we have no option, but to wait. Thank you guys.

ParanoidAndroid
09-29-2005, 11:17 AM
Why do you think this guy is going to even do anything when he comes back? He's missed the whole preseason and hardly practiced, even jerry rice didn't do so hot when he first came into the leauge. He's not going to have any impact this year whatsoever except maybe on kick returns. You homers are acting like hes randy moss or something???:lmao:Stupid post.

He's a second round pick who needs regular season experience so that he can develop along with the rest of the offense. No one in their right mind expects him to be a game changing player at this point in his career.

Mitchy moo
09-29-2005, 11:28 AM
Oh, at my age, I'm the leading proponent of "The Future is Now." But you must apply that rule intelligently. If you keep changing things every five minutes, never staying with anything long enough to know whether or not it will work, you will never get to a successful "Now."
Well things worked out pretty good when we brought in Willis now didn't it???

dominizzo
09-29-2005, 11:34 AM
Personally I would stop wasting picks on overrated injury prone players from 'the U', mcgahee, everett, parish, winslow jr....none of them can stay healthy. Miami used to be a great program I'm not sure what happened

ParanoidAndroid
09-29-2005, 11:52 AM
Personally I would stop wasting picks on overrated injury prone players from 'the U', mcgahee, everett, parish, winslow jr....none of them can stay healthy. Miami used to be a great program I'm not sure what happened
McGahee had one serious injury. He's come back quite nicely with 9, 100+ yd games in 13 starts, wouldn't you say? Everett is injury prone because he got hurt once? He had a healthy college career. Parrish? Same thing. Winslow is just a dumba** with some piss poor luck.

come back when you know what you're talking about.

The last buffalo fan
09-29-2005, 12:44 PM
McGahee had one serious injury. He's come back quite nicely with 9, 100+ yd games in 13 starts, wouldn't you say? Everett is injury prone because he got hurt once? He had a healthy college career. Parrish? Same thing. Winslow is just a dumba** with some piss poor luck.

come back when you know what you're talking about.
Listen bro, there are several phin fans that are nice, fun and smart, but in the other hand, you find people like crap also, so don't waste your time replying them back or getting into an argument. This is an open forum, and they have the right to post and vent their misfortunes and traumas, so why bother on them?

Actually I like the posting today, on the Bills/49ers talking trade about Winborn stuff, it has been long since we got a post/talking like that, very constructive. This is crap, well, only when they put their stupid comments, and pi out if the zinc.

Go Bills!!!

The_Philster
09-29-2005, 03:14 PM
Oh, at my age, I'm the leading proponent of "The Future is Now." But you must apply that rule intelligently. If you keep changing things every five minutes, never staying with anything long enough to know whether or not it will work, you will never get to a successful "Now."Well said :bf1: