PDA

View Full Version : WR Moulds biting his tongue over offensive struggles

The_Philster
09-29-2005, 03:04 AM
Bills receiver Eric Moulds is trying to keep his frustrations from bubbling over, hoping quarterback J.P. Losman finally can muster a passing attack.

It hasn't been easy. Moulds is a proud 10-year veteran, paid to be the team's star, accustomed to being the go-to guy, but currently relegated to afterthought status in an offense that's sputtering. http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9520793/

mybills
09-29-2005, 08:00 AM
"I've been around here 10 years, and I don't want to be one of those guys that all of a sudden just loses it," Moulds said. "I'm at the point in my career where I want to win first. If we go to the Super Bowl and I have 15 catches, that's fine with me. But we're not doing that right now."

:pet: Moulds

Pride
09-29-2005, 08:05 AM
I can understand his frustration... had Eric had a QB like Favre, or Montana, or Manning... we may be considering him one of the top 10 best WR's of all time.

The dude has put up HUGE numbers with these guys throwing him the ball!

Todd Collins
Alex Van Pelt
Doug Flutie
Rob Johnson
Drew Bledsoe
J.P. Losman

That is a lot of QB's who are below average QB's throwing him the ball!

Jeff1220
09-29-2005, 01:55 PM
Eric Moulds deserves a winning team!

venis2k1
09-29-2005, 02:16 PM
Bills fans deserve a winning team

dominizzo
09-29-2005, 02:26 PM
Moulds is a solid receiver, after all he's had some of his bigger games against us. He deserves to be on a WINNING franchise like Miami, maybe we can trade AJ Feeley for him if Donahoe is interested? Moulds would be yet another weapon on our loaded offense. He'd be a great #3 behind chambers and booker.

finsrclowns
09-29-2005, 02:42 PM
Moulds is a solid receiver, after all he's had some of his bigger games against us. He deserves to be on a WINNING franchise like Miami, maybe we can trade AJ Feeley for him if Donahoe is interested? Moulds would be yet another weapon on our loaded offense. He'd be a great #3 behind chambers and booker.

Chambers is an overrated tease.

slakjaw157
09-29-2005, 10:59 PM

Your offense is far from being "loaded".

frank74
09-30-2005, 12:19 AM
leave it to mularkey to say that receivers have to run better routes and jp has to get rid of the ball quicker?!?! what a gas.....how bout some protection so he can get the ball to a receiver who also needs adequate time to run a route. and coach...how bout some new plays? perhaps denver could lend you a few.

ParanoidAndroid
09-30-2005, 07:36 AM
Why do trolls exist?

Do you not have anything more important going on in your life?

...set to ignore

Jan Reimers
09-30-2005, 09:25 AM
Why do trolls exist?

To occupy that prime under-the-bridge real estate?

The Heartbreak Kid
09-30-2005, 10:03 AM
Eric Moulds has done a good job biting his tongue. He could have ran his mouth off like some other wide receivers do about their quarterback, but didn't. Moulds is an amazing wide receiver and a respectable player. I agree with Moulds, just throw it to him and Evans. The worst that could happen is an interception and well the Bills defense is ready to go out and prove theirselves worthy. The other thing that could happen is that the Buffalo playmakers make their plays. So let's throw them the ball, especially when the secondary is young or injuried. Let's go Buffalo!

LifetimeBillsFan
09-30-2005, 06:50 PM
If Eric Moulds truly were biting his tongue, this article would not exist and you would not have heard any of the complaints that he has made to the media in recent weeks. The fact of the matter is that Moulds is NOT biting his tongue: he is talking to reporters and complaining about his role in the Bills' offense.

While it is true that Moulds has been a top performer during his career in Buffalo and he has had the misfortune of having had bad timing in arriving here at a time when the team has been in transition, what Eric Moulds needs to realize is that he is the SENIOR member of the team. As such, he is one of the team's leaders--not just on offense. At times like this, when the team is not performing up to expectations, he is one of the players that the others on the team are going to look to for leadership.

By NOT biting his tongue, but talking to the press about how unfortunate he has been in his career and by complaining to them about the team's offensive game plan, Moulds is sending a message to his teammates that he is more concerned about his individual situation and statistics at this point than he is about the team's struggles and that, because he is one of the team's leaders, it is OK for them to do the same. Even if he is absolutely correct in every word that he has said to reporters, that is NOT what a team leader should be doing at this point in time when the team is struggling and its strongest unit has been knocked on its butt and wounded by the loss of TKO. That's NOT what a team leader does!

I understand that Moulds is looking at his career and is concerned about his future, but this is not the proper time for him to be making these kinds of comments publicly. They are things he should be saying to the coaches, "in-house". The Bills need Moulds to step up and be a leader right now---and that's what he should be doing. If he wants out, he should say so to management--I'm sure they would be willing to accomodate him by not picking up his option for next season and might even be willing to try to trade him during this season if they can get a good price for him. If Moulds thinks that he can talk his way out of town or help the team by talking to the media the way that he has, he is wrong. He can only make the team's situation worse and tarnish his own reputation and value to other teams. By taking the approach that he has, he is sending a bad signal to his teammates that it is OK for them to be more concerned about their own stats and performance than sacrificing for the good of the team. That is how lockerroom cancers start and spread and how teams disintegrate into dissension.

As I said earlier, Moulds may be absolutely correct in what he is saying, but he is not biting his tongue and by expressing his views to the media he is not helping his own cause, he is hurting the team.

SeatownBillsFan21
09-30-2005, 09:51 PM
I feel bad 4 Eric hes got game and JP cant get him the ball this sucks

BillsFever21
10-01-2005, 08:17 AM
Feely for Moulds? That has to be the dumbest post I've heard from a fish fan ever on this board.

Cntrygal
10-01-2005, 08:32 AM
Yes it sucks that Moulds hasn't had a chance at a having a qb like Kelly, Montana, Marino..... it sucks we haven't been back to the SuperBowl.....

BUT.... I don't necessarily feel "sorry" for any of them except for us fans. IF any NFL player ends up broke after his career, he sucks at budgeting money. And anymore, the PAYDAY is what it all boils down to IMO.

Michael82
10-01-2005, 08:34 AM
Eric Moulds should STFU! :mad:

He's the one that isn't getting much seperation from the receiver. He's the one that isn't getting open. JP's throws are off target, but his top receivers aren't getting open either and that's a big problem.

BillsFever21
10-01-2005, 08:48 AM
I can understand his frustration... had Eric had a QB like Favre, or Montana, or Manning... we may be considering him one of the top 10 best WR's of all time.

The dude has put up HUGE numbers with these guys throwing him the ball!

Todd Collins
Alex Van Pelt
Doug Flutie
Rob Johnson
Drew Bledsoe
J.P. Losman

That is a lot of QB's who are below average QB's throwing him the ball!Not saying he's junk but I wouldn't really call his numbers HUGE during his career.

His average career season is...

67-926, 5 TD's

He has never had two 1,000 yard seasons in a row and has only had double digit TD's in one season. He has 1 good year followed by an average year.

His QB's have definitely hurt his numbers but they are far from huge in his career. Them are average numbers.

He used to be a Top 10 WR but now now ranks in the Top 20. He's not worth the money he makes now.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-01-2005, 10:08 PM
Eric Moulds should STFU! :mad:

He's the one that isn't getting much seperation from the receiver. He's the one that isn't getting open. JP's throws are off target, but his top receivers aren't getting open either and that's a big problem.
Are we watching the same games here?He was wide open @ time one in the endzone on our 1st 2 drives it not Eric its JP hes playing like $h!t

TacklingDummy
10-01-2005, 10:15 PM
Are we watching the same games here?He was wide open @ time one in the endzone on our 1st 2 drives it not Eric its JP hes playing like $h!t

Agreed.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-01-2005, 11:09 PM
how would you not Eric is a stud

Michael82
10-03-2005, 08:44 AM
you still think that way? :ill: