PDA

View Full Version : Sabres On MSG

Typ0
09-29-2005, 08:45 AM
Obviously...a lot of us with DirecTV had a problem watching the game last night. Well just to piss me off more...we actually have the very basic Adelphia which is channels 2-22 or something like that because in the main house is a cable modem. Well I turned that on and MSG was on channel 13 which is usually a public access channel...and it was showing the Mets game. So I was so very pissed that I didn't get to watch the game last night.

I am pretty excited about seeing the Sabres this season...but it doesn't look like I'm going to because the NHL Center ice package also clearly stipulates ALL GAMES IN LOCAL AREA ARE BLACKED OUT REGARDLESS. So...not only does it look like MSG is not going to be feeding us the games like promised...there is no other way to get them outside of getting the full Adelphia package.

For the adephia people...what station were you watching the Game on? I am right near the airport in Williamsville/Lancaster depending on who you ask...our mailing address is williamsville but school district is lancaster.

Please give any info you can as I am concerned about this in that I may only be able to watch four Sabres games this season and that would be a shame.

JD
09-29-2005, 11:50 AM
I have basic Adelphia cable with all the HBO's and the game was on Channel 28.
At about 6:50pm I was watching MSG and then all of a sudden the channel blacked out because they were switching feeds. It came back on 5 minutes later showing Rick Jenarett, god damn I was excited! Some audio difficulties occured on and off during the game but it was so great to see the sabres play again.

One thing I gathered about the game is that the refs call WAYYYY to many penalties. The NHL is concerned about slowing the pace of the game down....but then they make rules stricter. Basically you check somebody, get a good hit on them...you go in the box. And I also believe they should bring the crease rule back because what the hell is the point of the half circle in front of the net? decoration?

GO Sabres!!!!

Typ0
09-29-2005, 03:13 PM
I have basic Adelphia cable with all the HBO's and the game was on Channel 28.
At about 6:50pm I was watching MSG and then all of a sudden the channel blacked out because they were switching feeds. It came back on 5 minutes later showing Rick Jenarett, god damn I was excited! Some audio difficulties occured on and off during the game but it was so great to see the sabres play again.

One thing I gathered about the game is that the refs call WAYYYY to many penalties. The NHL is concerned about slowing the pace of the game down....but then they make rules stricter. Basically you check somebody, get a good hit on them...you go in the box. And I also believe they should bring the crease rule back because what the hell is the point of the half circle in front of the net? decoration?

GO Sabres!!!!

I don't agree about the penalty calling...as long as they keep calling them that way the players will have to adjust. Instead of being a bunch of brutes I want to see hockey. Don't get me wrong...hockey is a rough sport but the place for that is on the boards not crashing someone with a stick. Hopefully, this will be good news for the Sabres as we are a pretty quick team.

I want to see the games though :(

JD
09-29-2005, 04:17 PM
Sure the slashing etc should go. But checking? Come on....in no-time hockey will be :limp:

Typ0
09-29-2005, 04:58 PM
Sure the slashing etc should go. But checking? Come on....in no-time hockey will be :limp:

no doubt...obviously I didn't see the game...lol. The very best games I've ever seen involved good checking. That means the player is on the puck and the player is stopped not the puck. That's good checking. If the puck is getting tied up then there needs to be an adjustment. That will make the best hockey I've ever seen as far as I'm concerned. I would love to see a good transition game and great hitting where things weren't getting slowed down because the puck was getting stopped. If the NHL can achieve that it will suddenly be one of the best sports to watch.

Myers57
09-29-2005, 05:02 PM
Unfortunately the company that provides us cable hear on the Buff State campus is out of Syracuse and is not considered to be part of the Buffalo region...

No Sabres games for me :(:(:(:(:(:(:(