X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Patrick76777
    • Jul 2002

Anybody hear this?

My bro was telling me that he heard that Sam Wyche said yesterday that they were going to take the reins off of Losman and let him play his game. I think they said something about how when Marino was a rookie they let him play and although he would throw 3 picks, he’d also throw 4 TD’s.

Was this actually said?

I hope so!
    Resign our own guys!
  • LtBillsFan66
    • Jul 2002

Re: Anybody hear this?

I hope playing his game means completing some passes downfield!

Comment

• lordofgun
      in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I'd like to see him complete some short passes before he airs it out.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by lordofgun
        I'd like to see him complete some short passes before he airs it out.
        Me too!

It must have been dumb to have the reins on him knowing he could only complete screen passes with them on!

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by billsfanone
          I hope playing his game means completing some passes downfield!
          God, please. The play calling has been awful, even a guy with my knowledge, could be more creative. So, if the guy has to improvise, I'm sure he'll be fine. Then again, you can pick your poison, legs or arm.
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• Devin
            The Octagon
            • Apr 2003

Id like to see him complete anything.
            http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
              • Jul 2002

I have a feeling with the reins off, his stats will look like this.

Passing:
              3-11 for 9 yards
              Rushing:
              25 attempts for 85 yards

Comment

• Ebenezer
                Give me a minute...
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Devin
                Id like to see him complete anything.
                I agree.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Typ0
                  honey pie
                  • Jul 2002

they should have taken the reins off weeks ago. JP has been so hesitant and conservative. He seems so worried about erring on the cautious side that nothing is getting done. Screw that. We talked on and on about rookie mistakes...I'd much rather have him throw a few pics and get a chance to see what he can do than to see the entire offense spit and sputter all the time. To me, that would be dealing with rookie mistakes. Seeing him do nothing is not a rookie mistake it's incompetence.

Comment

• Pride
                    • Jul 2002

I thought that is what they did last week? They threw 2 bombs on the opening drive... I am pretty sure that is what they were trying to do...

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                      • Jul 2002

I just hope taking the reins off means NOT having all of those "near" INTs caught. Then he'll have 11ints and maybe 1 TD!

Comment

• Patrick76777
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Pride
                        I thought that is what they did last week? They threw 2 bombs on the opening drive... I am pretty sure that is what they were trying to do...

But that was it. Nothing over the middle. It was 2 bombs and 15 5 yard outs.

What good is that.
                        Resign our own guys!

Comment

• colin
                          Drew's my hero!
                          • Jul 2002

we had a similar problem last year, ralph said he was bored.

essentially we were too conservative, just going for the high percentage plays every down and getting jerked around.

they did do better when they passed deeper, but this is still a ball control O.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                            they should have taken the reins off weeks ago. JP has been so hesitant and conservative. He seems so worried about erring on the cautious side that nothing is getting done. Screw that. We talked on and on about rookie mistakes...I'd much rather have him throw a few pics and get a chance to see what he can do than to see the entire offense spit and sputter all the time. To me, that would be dealing with rookie mistakes. Seeing him do nothing is not a rookie mistake it's incompetence.
                            Great post, Typ0. I totally agree. I've been saying for a while that they need to open the playbook and give him more chances. You need to build his confidence and let him stop being soo damn worried about making mistakes. Until you do that, he's going to nervous as hell and will struggle. I hope they open up the game and even let him do some no-huddle. That would be a great way to take off the reigns.

Comment

• Typ0
                              honey pie
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by colin
                              we had a similar problem last year, ralph said he was bored.

essentially we were too conservative, just going for the high percentage plays every down and getting jerked around.

they did do better when they passed deeper, but this is still a ball control O.
                              I couldn't disagree more. We've taken plenty of shots but haven't gotten it going. Not just the passes that Pride is talking about but there have been many plays we've tried to move the ball downfield in the passing game. We quickly forget how fast our receivers are when they get the ball when they aren't getting the ball. If anything, I take the fact that we aren't throwing to WM as indication we are committed to opening up all of the passing lanes to the receivers before we work him in there. But we need JP to connect on those series of plays first.

Comment

Working...
                              X