PDA

View Full Version : Ron Edwards

ryven
09-30-2005, 09:40 AM
I have not been able to see all but one game. I was wondering how he is doing?

Is he a major reason that the D is not doing well?

OpIv37
09-30-2005, 09:48 AM
He's a big part of the problem. He gets no penetration on running plays and occasionally gets blown completely off the ball. So far he has not been a sufficient replacement for Williams.

In his defense though, he's not the one that's been missing tackles and Sam Adams hasn't exactly blown up plays this year like he did last year.

casdhf
09-30-2005, 09:58 AM
sam hasn't exploded, but he keeps fletcher clean

Jan Reimers
09-30-2005, 10:03 AM
He's a big part of the problem. He gets no penetration on running plays and occasionally gets blown completely off the ball. So far he has not been a sufficient replacement for Evans.

Yeah, he runs lousy routes and has bad hands. (Just kidding.)

OpIv37
09-30-2005, 10:29 AM
Yeah, he runs lousy routes and has bad hands. (Just kidding.)
I have no idea where the hell that came from. Fixed.

I hate it when work distracts me from *****ing about the Bills.

Jan Reimers
09-30-2005, 10:36 AM
I have no idea where the hell that came from. Fixed.

I hate it when work distracts me from *****ing about the Bills.
I know. That damn work gets in the way of everything good.

I am surprised, though that Edwards has not been a little more effective. We miss Fat Pat way more than I thought we would.

SquishDaFish
09-30-2005, 10:39 AM
If our Offense can stay on the field a little longer and score a TD or 2 that would help the defense a little bit.

ryven
09-30-2005, 11:18 AM
Do you guys think that DT might be a high priority when the draft comes this year?

jamze132
09-30-2005, 11:33 AM
Do you guys think that DT might be a high priority when the draft comes this year?
No. I think our first pick will be on the best available O-line, CB, or safety.

ryven
09-30-2005, 11:52 AM

I think O-line and CB will also High priority my only thinking is if Edwards can't cut it Adams is not going to be here for ever we need someone who can make an impact and get some experience with Adams while he is still here. As for safety we are pretty safe here but we could use a SS as for FS I think Baker will be fine when his number is called.

OpIv37
09-30-2005, 12:20 PM
I'd like to see the O-line addressed first, but I agree that DT is a concern. I love Adams but he's not himself this year and age may be catching up with him. Edwards so far hasn't proven himself, and our backups are Bannan and Anderson. Bannan has proved to be versatile and I'm glad he's on the team, but I just don't see him starting at DT. Anderson hasn't had his shot yet.

As far as CB, it depends on what happens with Nate Clements but I have a feeling we'll be on the market.

buffalofan19
09-30-2005, 01:06 PM
No. knowing Tom Donahoe, he will draft another wide receiver or running back.

dominizzo
09-30-2005, 02:14 PM
I have not been able to see all but one game. I was wondering how he is doing?

Is he a major reason that the D is not doing well?
you should have kept fat pat williams, he was a mammoth in the middle. He makes any Dline look good. I can't wait for ronnie to tee off against your depleted front seven, he's due for his break out game!

ryven
09-30-2005, 02:16 PM
Pat was a good player I admit but thats in the past.

Jan Reimers
09-30-2005, 02:18 PM
you should have kept fat pat williams, he was a mammoth in the middle. He makes any Dline look good. I can't wait for ronnie to tee off against your depleted front seven, he's due for his break out game!
Does your mother know you've sneaked in to use her computer again?

OpIv37
09-30-2005, 02:33 PM

Ronnie's "break out" game will be against the Falcons. He'll break out in oozing sores after a locker room encounter with a mysterious stranger known only as "Ron Mexico".

mysticsoto
09-30-2005, 03:06 PM
No. knowing Tom Donahoe, he will draft another wide receiver or running back.
Actually, I fully expect for us to take a WR in the top rounds next draft. We need to start grooming Moulds' replacement, and WRs take a good 2-3 years to come onto their own. Oline is not a good idea to draft 1st round - otherwise we run the risk of getting someone like MW who we pay alot but doesn't produce accordingly. Line positions typically don't pay that high, so if we draft that position high, we are forced to pay high for a position that doesn't demand it.

Oline in the 2nd is probably good, although our Tackles seem to be doing okay - and it's our Guards that are shaky surprisingly...