PDA

View Full Version : Media mentioning Losman a lot these days

Kerr
09-30-2005, 07:50 PM
I keep seeing mention of losman in articles about how some league coaches and personel guys think Losman is far away from being a good nfl qb in this league. They keep mentioning how Losman should have sat this season and let Holcomb play as the starter. This situation kind of reminds me of the situation with the Bengals. They let Palmer sit, while journeyman, Kitna took the reigns. It wasn't long before Palmer has shown sitting on the bench isn't such a bad thing. I'm not calling for Holcomb just yet. I think Losman deserves a chance.
As you know this team is not willing to blow the season on a young qb trying to learn. Do you think if Losman performs poorly against New Orleans, it will be the final straw for him this season?
I think so. I have a feeling that if it doesn't bring his A game against the Saints, he's done for. Like the majority of everyone else, i'm pulling for Losman to turn it around, but looking at Palmer's situation at Cincy, the same dose might not be such a bad thing for Losman's career. Many 1st round qb's have failed because they were thrown into the fire too soon.

Drive 4 Five
09-30-2005, 08:16 PM
If he falters this week against the Saints, I think they should sit him down. I feel that THEY (meaning the entire Bill's organization) owe it to the veteran players AND the fans of this football team, to do everything they can to put a competitive product on the field right now.

OpIv37
09-30-2005, 08:23 PM
If he falters this week against the Saints, I think they should sit him down. I feel that THEY (meaning the entire Bill's organization) owe it to the veteran players AND the fans of this football team, to do everything they can to put a competitive product on the field right now.

the fans, yes

the veteran players? Like the veteran D that's been schooled two weeks in a row? Or Mike Williams who isn't playing? or Chris Villarial who got tired and need ed a breather on a crucial third down?

Moulds might have a point because he can't contribute unless JP gets him the ball. Clements and Lindell have done their share. The rest of the veterans should :stfu: about JP until they start performing on the field.

The_Philster
09-30-2005, 08:42 PM
the fans, yesthe veteran players? Like the veteran D that's been schooled two weeks in a row? Or Mike Williams who isn't playing? or Chris Villarial who got tired and need ed a breather on a crucial third down? actually, it turns out he didn't need a breather so much as he was having muscle cramps

Drive 4 Five
09-30-2005, 08:43 PM
the fans, yes

the veteran players? Like the veteran D that's been schooled two weeks in a row? Or Mike Williams who isn't playing? or Chris Villarial who got tired and need ed a breather on a crucial third down?

Moulds might have a point because he can't contribute unless JP gets him the ball. Clements and Lindell have done their share. The rest of the veterans should :stfu: about JP until they start performing on the field.

I hear ya bro. I was thinking more about the Eric Moulds, the London Fletchers and the Takeo Spikes of this football team. Man I am really going to miss TKO. I feel terrible for the guy. He truly was the heart and soul of this team. I'm actually hoping that just maybe, MAYBE this will inspire our football team. As fans, all we can ask is that the team leave it all on the field every single Sunday. The rest will work itself out.

OpIv37
09-30-2005, 08:58 PM
actually, it turns out he didn't need a breather so much as he was having muscle cramps

The fan in me wants to believe that it's what really happened instead of a vet being lazy or a coach making a bad decision. The skeptic in me says that if it's what really happened, why didn't they just say it in the press conference on Sunday?

The_Philster
09-30-2005, 09:01 PM
The fan in me wants to believe that it's what really happened instead of a vet being lazy or a coach making a bad decision. The skeptic in me says that if it's what really happened, why didn't they just say it in the press conference on Sunday?no idea but here's the story

Last Sunday, Bills coach Mike Mularkey inadvertently cast a negative light on Chris Villarrial.

The veteran right guard left the game just before a critical fourth down play and didn't return.

Mularkey said at the time that Villarrial left because he was winded when in fact it was severe cramps that kept Villarrial off the field.

"I started cramping up during that last series," Villarrial said. "I just kept going until it got to the point where I had to come out to see if I could get rid of it. It started in the calf and spread to the total body. I couldn't move. I was cramped up on the sideline and I was still cramping up in the locker room. "I've been a little banged up since the first game and then I cramped up in the last game, so I've been a little frustrated this year. I just have to keep chipping away at it, hydrate myself and keep going."
http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20050930/2016395.asp

Typ0
09-30-2005, 10:26 PM
no...it isn't going to matter if we don't win this week. This is a must win for us.

The last buffalo fan
09-30-2005, 11:05 PM
actually, it turns out he didn't need a breather so much as he was having muscle cramps
Screw the thread Phil, your chick is really really hoooootttt hoooootttt!!!!!

Is she available??

Tinboy
10-01-2005, 02:21 AM
We will win, mark my word and JP will continue to start which is good for him. Did you catch Eli Manning i San Diego although they lost he looked really good and will be a good QB for Giants this year. That wasn't the case last season, QBs need to learn by doing.

The_Philster
10-01-2005, 09:23 AM
Screw the thread Phil, your chick is really really hoooootttt hoooootttt!!!!!

Is she available??:lol: I don't believe so, no...I think I met her bf at the FHM party

Jeff1220
10-01-2005, 09:42 AM
I keep seeing mention of losman in articles about how some league coaches and personel guys think Losman is far away from being a good nfl qb in this league. They keep mentioning how Losman should have sat this season and let Holcomb play as the starter. This situation kind of reminds me of the situation with the Bengals. They let Palmer sit, while journeyman, Kitna took the reigns. It wasn't long before Palmer has shown sitting on the bench isn't such a bad thing. I'm not calling for Holcomb just yet. I think Losman deserves a chance.
As you know this team is not willing to blow the season on a young qb trying to learn. Do you think if Losman performs poorly against New Orleans, it will be the final straw for him this season?
I think so. I have a feeling that if it doesn't bring his A game against the Saints, he's done for. Like the majority of everyone else, i'm pulling for Losman to turn it around, but looking at Palmer's situation at Cincy, the same dose might not be such a bad thing for Losman's career. Many 1st round qb's have failed because they were thrown into the fire too soon.

*Palmer sat for a year with Kitna starting...JP sat for a year with Bledsoe starting.

*Palmer struggled early starting in his 2nd NFL season...JP is struggling early in his 2nd NFL season.

*The main difference is Palmer put up a nice amount of yardage, but threw quite a few picks, while JP has thown only one pick, but isn't putting up the yardage.

Palmer's first three games as a starter (in his second year):

@NYJ Loss 27att-18Comp, 248yds, 2TDs, 1Int.
vs. Miami Win 38att-21Comp, 147yds, 0TDs, 1Int.
vs. Balt. Loss 52att-25Comp, 316yds, 0TDs, 3Ints.

Though his first three games as a starter, Palmer had only 1 more TD than JP has, but had 4 more picks. As I said, the bigest difference is that he put up some big yardage in comparison to JP. What this tells me is that Palmer was allowed to go out and sling it without worrying about backlash for throwing picks. In comparison, JP has put up very little yardage and seems to be more worried about thowing an int than completing the pass. He needs to stop worrying about losing and start thinking about winning.

All of Palmer's '04 Stats (http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/396173/gamelogs/2004)

*edited to include link.

Jan Reimers
10-01-2005, 10:23 AM
JP shouldn't be pulled after 4 games, regardless of how he plays Sunday. He had his season on the bench last year. Playing this season will do him a lot more good than sitting behind Holcomb.

In reality: 1.) The two losses have not been entirely JP's fault. Willis ran like a freightened child against Tampa, while the defense couldn't contain Vick or the running game against Atlanta.
2.) There is absolutely no assurance that career backup Holcomb will be able to perform well enough to overcome our many non-QB related problems.

djjimkelly
10-01-2005, 10:34 AM
We will win, mark my word and JP will continue to start which is good for him. Did you catch Eli Manning i San Diego although they lost he looked really good and will be a good QB for Giants this year. That wasn't the case last season, QBs need to learn by doing.

i agree 100% u know all these people cursing about losman not performing id like to talk to the first 3-4 girls these JP bashers had sex with and ask them what they thought of their performance. id be willing to bet they would be mocked. but im willing to bet the 10th or 15th chick anyone of us did would say hes a @$%^ing pro . PUN INTENDED

Mr. Cynical
10-01-2005, 10:44 AM
:lol: I don't believe so, no...I think I met her bf at the FHM party:machgun: Her bf

colin
10-01-2005, 01:28 PM
if jp sucks in the first half they should, and i think will, bench him and put in holcombe.

if homcombe gets the ball moving, then he will start in miami. it will then be kelly's job to lose until he sucks.

The_Philster
10-01-2005, 01:31 PM
musical QBs...cause that always works out :rolleyes: