PDA

View Full Version : Question about Winborn-

OpIv37
09-30-2005, 08:26 PM
Is there any link or other tangible evidence that shows the Bills are interested?

Personally, if we can get him for a mid-round draft pick I think the Bills need to take a shot. He's a potential starter and at the very least adds depth to our TKO-less linebacking corps. If he doesn't perform, it's only a one year commitment and we can let him walk in the off-season. But all this talk about him could be moot if we're just going on rumors.

YardRat
09-30-2005, 08:54 PM
I couldn't find anything that directly links the Bills...

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/scorecard/09/30/nfl.truth.rumors/

Without naming them, San Francisco 49ers coach Mike Nolan said Thursday four teams are interested in acquiring linebacker Jamie Winborn, who was excused from the team Wednesday after objecting to losing his starting job to Andre Carter. It is possible, Nolan said, there will be no trade until after the weekend, because teams are in the late stages of preparation for this weekend's game. The Raiders said Thursday that they are not interested in Winborn.

OpIv37
09-30-2005, 08:56 PM
damn, the internet's no fun when you have facts.

clumping platelets
09-30-2005, 08:56 PM
New info sez he can void 2006-2009 and become an UFA after 2005

Source: Len P Tip Sheet Insider

clumping platelets
09-30-2005, 08:57 PM
I would still give up a 7th rd pick for him and take my chances on re-signing him

The last buffalo fan
09-30-2005, 09:28 PM
I would still give up a 7th rd pick for him and take my chances on re-signing him
So you like this guy, huh? He got to be good, let's go get him.