PDA

View Full Version : Hey neg nancies...I mean this in the nicest way....

mybills
09-30-2005, 11:38 PM
Shut up about Holcomb, J.P. is still our starter! :up: :D

gimpy
09-30-2005, 11:56 PM
Well said. :bf1:

Luisito23
10-01-2005, 01:53 AM

:laughing: ...

Couldn't have said it better myself doggy!!!

GO BILLS!!!!!!!

Historian
10-01-2005, 06:19 AM
Thank You mybills!

IAG
10-01-2005, 06:27 AM
J.P. stinks right now. He is not even close being ready to compete at this level. Believe it. I guess you will see another example Sunday in San Antonio.

Jan Reimers
10-01-2005, 07:24 AM
Absolutely agree. :bf1:

Cntrygal
10-01-2005, 08:45 AM
:gobills:

Typ0
10-01-2005, 12:57 PM
ok...then the next question is if we are 4-12 whose fault is it going to be? I've said so many times...this is not a bad football team for some kid to be cutting their teeth on. People keep making all those comparisons about other young QBs. With the exception of maybe Eli...all of those guys played for just plain bad teams that were clearling beginning the rebuilding process. So I guess it's OK JP is going to be ready in two years...and the plethora of talent we have assembled here will have been and gone. What will that be seven years without a playoff berth for this franchise? I'm really excited about that. I just hope he comes out with his head in the game this week. This is the NFL and our team has a giant fork in it if he doesn't perform this week.

My patience is wearing quite thin. I had no problem with the GW mess and the long road it's been to rebuild this team. We've all been through this. How long does it take to rebuild a franchise a decade? Seems to me we rebuilt...and the foundation was wrong so we're going to have to tear it up and start over. Lets win a damn game against a beatable team I'm sick of the Bills being the laughing stock of the league.

zone
10-01-2005, 05:51 PM
Well said!

Lexwhat
10-01-2005, 08:29 PM
ok...then the next question is if we are 4-12 whose fault is it going to be? I've said so many times...this is not a bad football team for some kid to be cutting their teeth on. People keep making all those comparisons about other young QBs. With the exception of maybe Eli...all of those guys played for just plain bad teams that were clearling beginning the rebuilding process. So I guess it's OK JP is going to be ready in two years...and the plethora of talent we have assembled here will have been and gone. What will that be seven years without a playoff berth for this franchise? I'm really excited about that. I just hope he comes out with his head in the game this week. This is the NFL and our team has a giant fork in it if he doesn't perform this week.

My patience is wearing quite thin. I had no problem with the GW mess and the long road it's been to rebuild this team. We've all been through this. How long does it take to rebuild a franchise a decade? Seems to me we rebuilt...and the foundation was wrong so we're going to have to tear it up and start over. Lets win a damn game against a beatable team I'm sick of the Bills being the laughing stock of the league.
Eli? Do you mean Big Ben? And if you dont, then what about Ben?

Typ0
10-01-2005, 09:13 PM
Eli? Do you mean Big Ben? And if you dont, then what about Ben?

I meant that Eli took a decent football team last year and drove it into the ground. That's the exception of young QBs who get started on crappy teams....ie there is no comparison between most of the guys we are making comparisons about. Mostly, they were on teams that weren't going anywhere to begin with...so it was a great opportunity for the teams to let the young QBs learn and take a season or two to build a team around them. Now SOME OF THEM are showing some success.

Big Ben is a good counter arguement. Things seemed to click in PIT for him and they were able to go on and win games. I also have some valid counter arguements like PIT's entire system does not value the passing game like ours does. But I don't want to banter back and forth about this that and the other thing. As a matter of fact...I don't even care if JP fails miserably as long as he's trying to do what he can do well. If he gets burned then so be it.

I just don't like seeing him show up with nothing and then hoping the rest of the team can get by. If he keeps doing that then I'm on his ass. As far as I'm concerned if he's got to learn the hard way then thats something we're going to have to go through...but he's not even delving into the process of learning the hard way the way he's been playing. I don't want to go through weeks of ignorance because we all insist we are behind him and then start the process of his learning the hard way.

So here is my call:

JP GO OUT THERE THIS WEEK AND PLAY YOUR ASS OFF. DON'T BE AFRAID TO TAKE CHANCES YOU JUST MIGHT FIND SOME SUCCESS!

LifetimeBillsFan
10-02-2005, 12:43 AM

If the Bills finish the season 4-12 it will be more than just JP's fault and it will be very difficult to say that this would be a playoff team if Holcomb or Bledsoe or anyone other than McNabb or P.Manning was the QB. Right now the defense is dead last in the NFL in rushing defense by a w-i-d-e margin--teams don't make a serious run at the playoffs or a title with a defense that gets its butt handed to it on the ground regularly the way that this defense has the last two weeks.

Now, there's no doubt that JP has stunk in those two games and has to play better, but he's not the only thing wrong with this team right now and won't be the sole cause of this team finishing 4-12 if it does--because the defense that everyone keeps pointing to as being capable of making this a playoff team simply hasn't been that good and isn't playing like a playoff caliber defense right now. If they start to play like a playoff caliber defense and JP continues to stink, then you can say something about JP costing the rest of the team a run at a playoff berth, but right now you can't. But, then again, if the defense starts to play like a playoff caliber defense, this team won't finish 4-12 either.

JD
10-02-2005, 05:31 AM
This kid is going to **** us over in the end, no question about it. Why waste a season on some rookie who is not even prepared for the NFL level?

The_Philster
10-02-2005, 05:32 AM
This kid is going to **** us over in the end, no question about it. Why waste a season on some rookie who is not even prepared for the NFL level?because he'll never be prepared if we don't. Most every young QB goes through some growing pains. As much as I wanna win now, I ain't gonna ignore such an obvious fact

JD
10-02-2005, 05:35 AM
so do you think throwing holcomb in for a game will kill jp? i would think it make him try harder to get better....but at the same time kill his confidence.

The_Philster
10-02-2005, 05:37 AM
so do you think throwing holcomb in for a game will kill jp? i would think it make him try harder to get better....but at the same time kill his confidence.It might hurt his confidence and it will almost assuredly just set him back another game in his development

JD
10-02-2005, 05:39 AM
So all of last season, do you think watching Drew actually was setting him back? I think he was able to learn what to do and what not to do after watching a veteran quarterback like Bledsoe.

The_Philster
10-02-2005, 05:45 AM
So all of last season, do you think watching Drew actually was setting him back? I think he was able to learn what to do and what not to do after watching a veteran quarterback like Bledsoe.Going by what you've seen so far this season, do you think that actually helped? One bad thing he's been doing has been locking onto his receivers the way Bledsoe did. Thing is, every QB plays the game a little differently because of his skills...like with Losman's mobility. You don't learn how to feel the pass rush coming at you and how to get out of the way by just sitting and watching. As fast as the NFL game is from the sidelines, it's much faster when you'e in the thick of it.

JD
10-02-2005, 06:04 AM
By the way....how were JP's numbers for week 1? I dont think I seen them. That throw to Evans was the only long ball hes thrown so far this season right? Damn I really think this kid has potential but Ill be the first to admit it I have no patience and want to win badly.

Historian
10-02-2005, 06:08 AM
So here is my call:

JP GO OUT THERE THIS WEEK AND PLAY YOUR ASS OFF. DON'T BE AFRAID TO TAKE CHANCES YOU JUST MIGHT FIND SOME SUCCESS!

According to everything I've read, and heard on the radio, that's the game plan today.

Let her rip.

mybills
10-02-2005, 08:07 AM
No holds barred, JP. Show us your guts & glory! :up: