PDA

View Full Version : Meet Rich Gannon on the way to San Antonio

kgun12
10-01-2005, 10:34 AM
He said that JP will get better only by playing, he has the abilitiy to play (showed it first game) but he said if the line doesn't get better he won't last the year.

As far as the defense he said without Pat Williams, teams have figured out to run at the left side of our defense. Say Schobel is good against the pass, but is getting KILLED against the run because of his size and the fact that Pat Williams is gone and Edwards is getting killed.

I have got go the wife want to get going.

Sabre Ally
10-01-2005, 10:39 AM
OMG, you are so lucky. I LOVE Rich Gannon.

Mr. Cynical
10-01-2005, 10:40 AM
He said that JP will get better only by playing, he has the abilitiy to play (showed it first game) but he said if the line doesn't get better he won't last the year.

As far as the defense he said without Pat Williams, teams have figured out to run at the left side of our defense. Say Schobel is good against the pass, but is getting KILLED against the run because of his size and the fact that Pat Williams is gone and Edwards is getting killed.

I have got go the wife want to get going.
Very cool. :up:

"...but he said if the line doesn't get better he won't last the year."

Why can't TD see this? This has ben a problem ever since he got here 5 years ago. And if he does see it and can't fix it after all this time, well....ESPN might be re-hiring people.

Sabre Ally
10-01-2005, 10:43 AM
Yeah, look at how Cleveland is playing this year because they fixed their line! It will be our downfall...again.

Jan Reimers
10-01-2005, 10:45 AM
It's great how a guy like Gannon - who played the game for a long time - can distill what we've been arguing about in hundreds of threads, into an intelligent and succinct analysis of our basic problems.

I agree totally with what he said.

Mr. Cynical
10-01-2005, 10:46 AM
Yeah, look at how Cleveland is playing this year because they fixed their line! It will be our downfall...again.
Agreed.

This isn't a surprise to me. The oline will be the downfall of the team this year. Mark my words.
http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=78890

kgun12
10-03-2005, 04:12 PM
OMG, you are so lucky. I LOVE Rich Gannon.

He was a nice guy, but not real talkitive. Was studing his game stuff, but wasn't arogant.

jamze132
10-03-2005, 04:17 PM
Myabe Mr. Wilson should offer Rich Gannon the open vacancy for general manager. Oh, thats right, there is a general manager, he just doesn't know what te **** he's doing.

mchurchfie
10-03-2005, 04:28 PM
Very cool. :up:

"...but he said if the line doesn't get better he won't last the year."

Why can't TD see this? This has ben a problem ever since he got here 5 years ago. And if he does see it and can't fix it after all this time, well....ESPN might be re-hiring people.
We haven't had a good oline since the late Kelly days. For it to go on this long is a travesty. Mike Williams was a huge waste of a No 1 draft pick in the 4th slot. Just one of many of Donahoes failures.

Gunzlingr
10-03-2005, 04:30 PM
We haven't had a good oline since the late Kelly days. For it to go on this long is a travesty. Mike Williams was a huge waste of a No 1 draft pick in the 4th slot. Just one of many of Donahoes failures.Would you rather have had McKinney? :ill: He isn't much better.

Dozerdog
10-03-2005, 04:36 PM
Every body *****es "Draft OL First"

When they do- everybody *****es "$25 Million contract for an OL man? That's crazy!"

20/20 hindsight