Yeah its ridiculously early, lets talk draft!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • X-Era
    What this generation tolerates, the next generation will embrace
    • Feb 2005

Yeah its ridiculously early, lets talk draft!!!

OK, lets say the whole season goes in the crapper and we end up with a top 5 pick. Im not making a call as to worst in the league lets just say we dont get #1 pick but end up anywhere from 2 to 5.

Who would YOU take?

Ferguson?
    Reggie Bush?
    AJ Hawk?
    Ahmad Brooks?

How about some juniors:
    Marcus Vick?
    Santonio Holmes?

Most of you will go OT, but even a stud OT who is the next Pace, you pass up Reggie Bush? Even with McGahee, you pass up Reggie Bush? Or you could have the next Urlacher in AJ Hawk, you take an OT? As of right now I dont see a CB worthy of top 5, maybe Jimmy Williams but not top 5.

Trust me the #1 need on this team right now is LT (even if Gandy is playing decent and he is). But, you could land a super star like Reggie Bush, you take him. It would be hard for me to look away from Reggie Bush if he were there.

• Captain Obvious
    I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
    • Jul 2005

Re: Yeah its ridiculously early, lets talk draft!!!

Originally posted by jp-era
    OK, lets say the whole season goes in the crapper and we end up with a top 5 pick. Im not making a call as to worst in the league lets just say we dont get #1 pick but end up anywhere from 2 to 5.

Who would YOU take?

Ferguson?
    Reggie Bush?
    AJ Hawk?
    Ahmad Brooks?

How about some juniors:
    Marcus Vick?
    Santonio Holmes?

Most of you will go OT, but even a stud OT who is the next Pace, you pass up Reggie Bush? Even with McGahee, you pass up Reggie Bush? Or you could have the next Urlacher in AJ Hawk, you take an OT? As of right now I dont see a CB worthy of top 5, maybe Jimmy Williams but not top 5.

Trust me the #1 need on this team right now is LT (even if Gandy is playing decent and he is). But, you could land a super star like Reggie Bush, you take him. It would be hard for me to look away from Reggie Bush if he were there.
    I understand what you are saying about Reggie Bush but another skill position player? Is there a DT worthy of being a top 5 pick? Rodrique Wright?

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• clumping platelets

I would trade down....

Comment

• X-Era
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
        I would trade down....
        I seriously am almost 100% with ya on trading down in this case. But Reggie Bush? The guy is basically gone if he gets by the D-line. He is absolutely D-sgustingly great. I cant wait to see his 40 time, I bet he runs a sub 4.3.

But I would not move down to far maybe to mid round 1. Still lots of LT's there. I think Marcedes Lewis is the best TE prospect I have EVER seen (receiving at least). I also like the prospects of Jimmy Williams if we lose Terrence (restricted but you never know) or Clements.

Comment

• X-Era
          • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WILLIS21
          I understand what you are saying about Reggie Bush but another skill position player? Is there a DT worthy of being a top 5 pick? Rodrique Wright?
          Sure there are some DT's but nothing really that stands out much to me. The guys are great prospects dont get me wrong, but they dont represent to the DT world what Reggie does to RB's. Its not what player at a need position is the top rated, its which player at ANY position is the best to come out in a long time. I just feel Bush is THAT good.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

I think we need to start rebuilding both the offensive and defensive lines. I would take a stud lineman - a DT and an OT - in the first two rounds.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• X-Era
              • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
              I think we need to start rebuilding both the offensive and defensive lines. I would take a stud lineman - a DT and an OT - in the first two rounds.
              I dont disagree for a minute, I absolutely agree and if we end up mid or late 1st, thats definetely what I would root for. But, if your top 5, and Reggie Bush is sitting there. Even if you are desperate for a LT and Ferguson is there, even if you are hungry for a DT and Wright is there. You pass up Reggie frikkin Bush? I think I would go nuts if it was me on the clock. I just dont think I could overlook him. I just dont think I could add a big ugly and lets Bush drop to someone else.

Comment

• clumping platelets

If we have that high of a pick, who knows what would happen....I would suspect that TD could be out the door.

I would trade down and re-load. Villarrial gone, Fletcher gone, Moulds gone

Trading down would allow us to get the Lowa LB and be able to rebuild both lines

Comment

• L.A. Playa
                  • Aug 2003

Reggie Bush will win the Heismann this year and be rookie of the year next year but the Bills will have no shot at him selecting in the 20's

Comment

• clumping platelets

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                    Reggie Bush will win the Heismann this year and be rookie of the year next year but the Bills will have no shot at him selecting in the 20's

What an optimist!!

Comment

• X-Era
                      • Feb 2005

Originally posted by clumping platelets
                      If we have that high of a pick, who knows what would happen....I would suspect that TD could be out the door.

I would trade down and re-load. Villarrial gone, Fletcher gone, Moulds gone

Trading down would allow us to get the Lowa LB and be able to rebuild both lines
                      Cannot disagree at all! I do feel Villarial is solid but at G wouldnt we like to head forward with some youth? Fletcher? I love him, but if we could get Hawk I think I might be willing to let him take off. Completely agree on Moulds. It will be a sad day for Bills fans, but this guy is done. I said last year that Evans was our best WR and everyone went nuts on me, this year I think its becoming blatantly obvious. Would he be willing to go the Jerry Rice route? I dont know. If he takes a HUGE pay cut and is willing to be the #2 or #3 and then gradually sink down a spot each year until he retires I would still keep him for locker room presence.

By the way, I never did tell you I was wrong. I was very critical of our cap figures and at the time felt we would be much more under the cap and that we would spend alot more last offseason. It turns out you were right and I was wrong. When Im wrong I say so. I guess I feel its alrght fo me to be a blowhard sometimes if Im willing to say Im wrong when I am. So here I am and here it is.

Comment

• X-Era
                        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by L.A. Playa
                        CP is right but Im not sure if he thinks your an optomist because we end up in the 20's or that Bush wins rookie of the year next year.

Anyways, my call was only based on us ending up top 5 and assumes we stink up the NFL. I seriously hope and dont think it will happen. I just hope we dont end up 2 or 3 picks behind where a guy who would make a hug impact for us would likely go. Like if we ended up 3 slots behind where McNeill is likely to go. Whos next? If Scott, McNeill, and Ferguson are gone whos next? I just would hate to be in that spot.

Comment

• clumping platelets

No problem JP-era

Comment

• Lexwhat
                            • Feb 2005

JP-Era,

I like some points you made, especially about not passing up Reggie Bush if he there. He's amazing. But sometimes I think you're statements are overzealous. A sub-4.3?? I would be surprised.

And the #1 need on this team is certainly NOT LT. I don't know where you are getting that information from. Right now, out DT's are hurting us a lot more than our LT. Sometimes I have no idea where your words are comin from.

With that being said, these are the positions that I think our early picks should be used on (in no particular order):

Wide Receiver (Depends on how Moulds does)
                            Linebacker (Depending on Spikes's injury and London's status after this year)
                            Guards
                            D-Tackle
                            Safety
                            Corner (Fully depends on the Clements situation)

I think Gandy is our best player on the line right now. I highly doubt anyone can disagree.

Comment

• taylorj99
                              • Jul 2005

"With the first pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select Matt Leinart, quarterback, USC."
                              Anyone who can only think of only one way to spell a word obviously lacks imagination. -Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                              X