PDA

View Full Version : 'Super Bowl Monday' is not a super idea

The_Philster
10-02-2005, 05:41 AM
What do you think of the new "grass roots" campaign to make "Super Bowl Monday" the first athletic national holiday "to celebrate the competitive spirit" of America?

I think it's stupid.

To decrease the number of hangovers and sick calls to work the day after the Super Bowl, I'd prefer the game kick off early in the afternoon so people get a good night's sleep.

I believe national holidays should be reserved for exceptional people and historic events that helped to make America the greatest country on Earth. A much more worthy holiday campaign would be for veterans to get a day off on Veterans Day.
http://www.democratandchronicle.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20051002/SPORTS0101/510020341/1007/SPORTS

superbills
10-02-2005, 09:42 AM
He's right on. I am never one to refuse a day off from work (or soaking up the nice holiday pay :up: ) but this is just stupid. The Super Bowl is a huge event to be sure and many people consider it their "religious" holiday, but in the grand scheme of things it just another football game. Let's first make 9/11 a national holiday in memoriam.

Dozerdog
10-02-2005, 09:55 AM
Move the stupid Suprer Bowl to a Saturday- no more Monday hangovers.

Dozerdog
10-02-2005, 09:57 AM
Martin Luther King Day is a day off at our work, but many of our employees "trade in" that day in exchange for the Monday after the Super bowl.