X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

'Super Bowl Monday' is not a super idea

What do you think of the new "grass roots" campaign to make "Super Bowl Monday" the first athletic national holiday "to celebrate the competitive spirit" of America?

I think it's stupid.

To decrease the number of hangovers and sick calls to work the day after the Super Bowl, I'd prefer the game kick off early in the afternoon so people get a good night's sleep.

I believe national holidays should be reserved for exceptional people and historic events that helped to make America the greatest country on Earth. A much more worthy holiday campaign would be for veterans to get a day off on Veterans Day.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • superbills
    • Mar 2003

Re: 'Super Bowl Monday' is not a super idea

He's right on. I am never one to refuse a day off from work (or soaking up the nice holiday pay ) but this is just stupid. The Super Bowl is a huge event to be sure and many people consider it their "religious" holiday, but in the grand scheme of things it just another football game. Let's first make 9/11 a national holiday in memoriam.
    "The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."
    Ronald Reagan
    40th president of US (1911 - 2004)

Comment

• Dozerdog
      In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

Move the stupid Suprer Bowl to a Saturday- no more Monday hangovers.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Martin Luther King Day is a day off at our work, but many of our employees "trade in" that day in exchange for the Monday after the Super bowl.

Comment

Working...
        X