• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mr. Cynical
    Maybe?
    • Oct 2003

Can we now be honest with ourselves?

This team is NOT good enough to make the playoffs no matter what there is on paper or what OBD put in the Kool Aid. There needs to be some major changes made, including the firing of TD.

5 years, no playoffs = incompetent GM.

Period.
    Last edited by Mr. Cynical; 10-02-2005, 03:28 PM.
  • ArcticWildMan

Re: Can we now be honest with ourselves?

More and more we are looking like the Redskins...lots of nice names on the roster but we can't seem to play come game day.

Comment

• BAM
      • Sep 2003

Yah. Buffalo sucks.

Comment

• Billsouth
        • Jul 2002

this reminds me of the 2003 season when we beat the pats opening day and sucked every game after!!!
        "once a raider always a raider"

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
          Maybe?
          • Oct 2003

Originally posted by BAM
          Yah. Buffalo sucks.
          I hate to agree, but you're right. It is the cold, hard truth and has been for quite a while now.

Get out the axe.....time to start at the top.

Comment

• BAM
            • Sep 2003

Yah.

I am as optimistic as anyone, but sometimes you have to face the truth.

So far this season... we have sucked. IF nothing changes, we will suck the whole year.

Comment

• Historian
              2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
              • Dec 2002

Agreed Cynical.

We need a real football guy directing football operations, not some high school english teacher.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                Unreachable Douche
                • Jul 2002

The Defense has played well enough for the Bills to win every game this year.
                It's to bad the offense is pathetic.

Comment

• RedEyE
                  • Jul 2002

I think TD did what he needed to do. He alleviated our salary cap issues. Now it's time to send his ass packing. He can take Sam Wyche with him.

I'm pissed off today!

Comment

• TheBrownBear
                    • Dec 2004

Reality has struck. Without Bledsoe to blame I've come to the conclusion that this team just plain sucks.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                      Maybe?
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Billsology
                      Agreed Cynical.

We need a real football guy directing football operations, not some high school english teacher.
                      TD's playoff record since being GM of the Pittsburgh '97 playoff team:

'98 (Pitt): 7-9. NO PLAYOFFS.
                      '99 (Pitt): 6-10. NO PLAYOFFS.
                      '01: 3-13. NO PLAYOFFS.
                      '02: 8-8. NO PLAYOFFS.
                      '03: 6-10. NO PLAYOFFS.
                      '04: 9-7. NO PLAYOFFS.
                      '05: 1-3. Take a guess....

7 STRAIGHT SEASONS. NO PLAYOFFS.

Still think he should be our GM?

Comment

• unpaid_bills
                        • Nov 2004

I think we have the talent to make the playoffs. Problem is the WE are not making plays plain and simple. Te D is holding teams down, we cant score TD's and Pass the ball. I say give Holcmb a shot he at least has some experience. JP looks real bad, no confidence, and seems to be getting worse.

I honestly think TD has brought in the right players. The coaches have to put the right players in the right spot, and the players need to make plays. I think when a team performs like this for the 3rd game in a row you have plenty of fingers to point. All i am saying its not all TD's fault. How the F do you fall down over your own man McGee? How do we not keep feeding Willis the ball - he was running all over himself? How do we make Stallworth look like an All Pro? Where are Moulds and Evans? JP and Homcob neither one seems to be able to throw a decent pass. At this point behind this OL any QB is a sitting duck. Play calling is average at best. D gives up big plays on 3rd down. Offense cant convert a 3rd down. I am sure i missed many, so there is plenty of blame when you play like this.
                        Nobody circles the wagons like the Buffalo Bills .... Bills Mafia for life

Comment

• RedEyE
                          • Jul 2002

I think Modrak is an obvious choice. See ya later TD.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                            Maybe?
                            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by unpaid_bills
                            I think we have the talent to make the playoffs. Problem is the WE are not making plays plain and simple. Te D is holding teams down, we cant score TD's and Pass the ball. I say give Holcmb a shot he at least has some experience. JP looks real bad, no confidence, and seems to be getting worse.

I honestly think TD has brought in the right players. The coaches have to put the right players in the right spot, and the players need to make plays. I think when a team performs like this for the 3rd game in a row you have plenty of fingers to point. All i am saying its not all TD's fault. How the F do you fall down over your own man McGee? How do we not keep feeding Willis the ball - he was running all over himself? How do we make Stallworth look like an All Pro? Where are Moulds and Evans? JP and Homcob neither one seems to be able to throw a decent pass. At this point behind this OL any QB is a sitting duck. Play calling is average at best. D gives up big plays on 3rd down. Offense cant convert a 3rd down. I am sure i missed many, so there is plenty of blame when you play like this.
                            I hear you, but at some point you have to say "enough is enough". Regardless of who is doing what on the field, the GM is ultimately responsible for the team's success. The team failing means the GM is failing, so at some point you have to make THE change.

And that means firing TD. And to be honest I don't think I'll miss MM either, since outside of his good attitude he has not shown me anything to believe he can take this team anywhere.

Comment

• Arod3619
                              • Oct 2004

Hey guys ive been coming to this site for about 3 years and last year i think i joined after one of the many painful loses. i havent really posted much i usually come to see what you guys say but after today i really feel like giving up. I mean i have tickets to go up to buffalo next week and its a pretty long trip for me which i make every year and i can honestly say this is the first year im not even looking forward to going. Ive been as optimistic as i can for the past years but the fact that the last playoff image i have is that tennessee game im about ready to give up and stop watching football this year. Maybe things will change, hopefully........

Comment

Working...
                              X