PDA

View Full Version : Drew Holcomb

DaBills
10-02-2005, 03:07 PM
Yeah. He's our guy. right.

Iehoshua
10-02-2005, 03:26 PM
Sorry, JP is not allowed to be given any more than 4 games before emerging as Jim Kelly II. Wait, 3 games was the limit, according to lots of people, so he was given an EXTRA game! Waaaay too much time to develop. Its clear he'll never amount to anything. My friend told me so!
http://www.psychicfriends.org/miss_cleo_big.jpg

OpIv37
10-02-2005, 03:32 PM
our offense sucks with Losman. It sucks with Holcomb. We're not making the playoffs, so just let JP take his lumps and put Holcomb in during garbage time to keep him from getting too rusty.

Michael82
10-02-2005, 03:44 PM
our offense sucks with Losman. It sucks with Holcomb. We're not making the playoffs, so just let JP take his lumps and put Holcomb in during garbage time to keep him from getting too rusty.
That's my point. It was a dumb move to pull Losman. If the team is sucking overall, why pull the rookie QB? He needs the experience as much as possible.

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 04:27 PM
That's my point. It was a dumb move to pull Losman. If the team is sucking overall, why pull the rookie QB? He needs the experience as much as possible.

The CORRECT thing to do was to start Holcomb from the beginning and after he had a fair chance and we had a good assessment that we in fact are not a playoff caliber team (just a decent QB) away, then go with the youngster. As fans, I think we were excused in foolishly believing that Losman culd do what Roethlisberger did last year (and 99% of us did just that), but for coaches and adminsitration to make the same mistake? Well that just about tells you everything we needto know about the future of this franchise under Donahoe's watch.

As for what to do now? Well you may as well start Holcomb next Sunday. What do we have to lose? It certainly is better than the QB carousel thing we're doing.

LifetimeBillsFan
10-02-2005, 05:16 PM

I completely agree. It's the only way that he is going to learn and develop.