PDA

View Full Version : Ok, has the sky officially fallen yet?

OpIv37
10-02-2005, 03:09 PM
Our O sucks with Losman. It sucks with Holcomb. The line can't pass block for ****. The play calling is pathetic. Our D may not look like the 85 Bears, but any opposing D that takes on our offenses sure as hell does.

The D seems to be improving, but they still can't get it done when it counts (ie 3rd and 15 on the opening drive of the second half).

ST is good but not good enough to compensate for the other 3 games. Lindell finally missed, but we still would have come up short.

This season is lost- in order to make the playoffs, we'd have to go 10-3 or better for the rest of the season. And we still have to play NE twice, San Diego, Carolina, Cincinatti, Kansas City, Denver, Oakland....

Tom Donahoe needs to go.

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 03:25 PM
It certainly is looking pretty damn grim isn't it? Man I'm so pissed off. I cannot belive that we could not even beat the Saints. How pathetic. I have NEVER said this, but I think Donahoe needs to go as well. I cannot believe we wasted all this time and we're back at square one again. Poor Ralph. The poor bastard has one foot on a banana peel and the other in a grave, and this is the best Donahoe and his band of monkeys has to give him. Imagine how HE feels!?

OpIv37
10-02-2005, 03:30 PM
The Saints are by far the easiest team on our remaining schedule and we couldn't even beat them. This team is going nowhere and I'm truly embarrassed by the product the front office has put on the field.

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 03:49 PM
I think I am going to be sick. This is the LOWEST I have EVER felt about this team. I am so mad that I barely curse or throw things anymore. Just sick...

:madcloud:

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-02-2005, 04:02 PM
I am wondering how many people still see the glass as half full.

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 04:12 PM
I am wondering how many people still see the glass as half full.

Do you? Not trying to be a smart ass either, I'm just asking.

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 04:19 PM
The worst part is just what OpIv said, we cannot even beat the easiest team on our entire schedule. Already I am feeling like I should just TIVO the Bill's game (if they win or play their asses off then I'll watch, if not I'll delete it) and take advantage of the wonderful tool I have here and watch the premier match ups instead. Just like Chargers -vs- Patriots game today, much better game than that P.O.S. game I sat through.

Is that the pussy thing to do? Every year i go through this dilemma and I always give in to the Bills cause they are my heart and soul but I'm sick man. Just freakin' sick already. Our situation with this team seems HOPELESS.

Start Holcomb I guess. Who gives a crap. It can't hurt at this point.

Lexwhat
10-02-2005, 04:22 PM
Everyone needs to calm down...TD is doing an excellent job, and Mularkey and Clements are doing the best they can from what they are working with. They are fighting adversity. Our O-Line is steadily improving and we have great receivers and a great defense.

Oops, sorry I thought it was December 2004 before the Pittsburg game.

Fast forward.

To be real, Mularkey and Clements suck with their play calling. Nate Clements and Greg Jarman played absolutely terrible. This was Nate's worst game that he's played in a long time. Anyone else agree? His coverage was poor.

Man, I wish we had hired Brad Childress from Philly.

jamze132
10-02-2005, 04:43 PM
You can rest assured we will receive a top 5 draft pick next year.

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 04:49 PM
You can rest assured we will receive a top 5 draft pick next year.

Oh hell yes we will and the best part is that we'll probably use the pick on a wide receiver.

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-03-2005, 05:50 AM
Do you? Not trying to be a smart ass either, I'm just asking.

No, the glass has fallen off the table.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2005, 07:01 AM
I think, for all intents and purposes, the season is over. That's why I believe we should play Losman who, learning behind a pathetic offensive line, will be that much better if we ever build a decent line in front of him.

We should also play Parrish (if he ever gets healthy), Everett (ditto) and a number of the other young guys, including Peters. In other words, use this lost season to evaluate our roster, and to determine where best to concentrate our draft/free agency/trade efforts in the future.

Historian
10-03-2005, 07:17 AM
I think, for all intents and purposes, the season is over. That's why I believe we should play Losman who, learning behind a pathetic offensive line, will be that much better if we ever build a decent line in front of him.

We should also play Parrish (if he ever gets healthy), Everett (ditto) and a number of the other young guys, including Peters. In other words, use this lost season to evaluate our roster, and to determine where best to concentrate our draft/free agency/trade efforts in the future.

Exactly!

:bf1:

Meathead
10-03-2005, 07:33 AM
Even as I pull chunks of sky out of my hair, the season isn't over.

- It looks like she!t.
- It feels like she!t.
- It smells like she!t.
- It tastes like she!t.

Good thing we didn't step in it.

But it's not over. As awful as it has been, they're only 1 game out of first and haven't lost any ground on the top two tie-breakers. Given the way this season is going, 9-7 could definitely win the division.

My vote every single season for the rest of my life will be if the playoffs are still a possibility then play for them.

Conclusion:

This team needs better than poor play from it's QB to win games. The light isn't going to go off for JP in time to play better than poor. Start the QB you haven't started yet and see if he's better than poor. If he sucks or the playoffs officially are out of reach, then play JP into the ground.

slakjaw157
10-03-2005, 07:40 AM
Everyone needs to calm down...TD is doing an excellent job, and Mularkey and Clements are doing the best they can from what they are working with. They are fighting adversity. Our O-Line is steadily improving and we have great receivers and a great defense.

Oops, sorry I thought it was December 2004 before the Pittsburg game.

Fast forward.

To be real, Mularkey and Clements suck with their play calling. Nate Clements and Greg Jarman played absolutely terrible. This was Nate's worst game that he's played in a long time. Anyone else agree? His coverage was poor.

Man, I wish we had hired Brad Childress from Philly.

You forgot to correct yourself with regards to TD.

Mitchy moo
10-03-2005, 07:42 AM
No, the glass has fallen off the table.
Fallen of the table? The water has been spilled for weeks.

colin
10-03-2005, 07:59 AM
this team is terrible, but the roster is pretty freakin good.

good WR, backs, line backers, OK ends, very solid secondar, outstanding special teams.

we just need 3-4 interior linemen on both sides of the ball, and a top 20 NFL QB.

3200 yards, 10-20 TDs, a few fewer picks, 55%+ passing, and about an 80 rating would be great. we don't even realy nead much scoring from passing, just the threat and the ability to get in the redzone and not make negative plays (notice when we run in the red zone how easy it looks).

clements play calling, grey's inability to anticipate a mobile QB running on third and 5, and our d leaving the middle under zone open every third down is what has lost us the last 2 games.

oh, and we have the worst QB in the nfl.

jp needs to run all the time, we are tough if we do that.