PDA

View Full Version : I Found It Strange

Lexwhat
10-02-2005, 04:13 PM
I did not really see anyone else mention this, nor did I listen to any post game comments. I watched the game on CBS, and not on the radio...

Did anyone think that the refs were giving the Saints this game? Now, I'm not saying we lost because of the refs, but they certainly did not help...

My main point was that for the majority of the penalties against the Bills, they did not show a replay of the penalty. The ones that were replayed were delayed for a while. I have never ever seen that happen. On so many of the penalties, I kept waiting for the replay, but they never even showed it.

Maybe someone who taped the game and will watch it again can know for sure. Maybe the NFL set this up because they wanted the Saints to win their first game in San Antonio. Any comments?

Again, we lost because of overall poor play. I'm just saying that the refs may have been a little unfair, and there could have been some setting-up by the NFL with this game...

BillsFever21
10-02-2005, 04:17 PM
I did not really see anyone else mention this, nor did I listen to any post game comments. I watched the game on CBS, and not on the radio...

Did anyone think that the refs were giving the Saints this game? Now, I'm not saying we lost because of the refs, but they certainly did not help...

My main point was that for the majority of the penalties against the Bills, they did not show a replay of the penalty. The ones that were replayed were delayed for a while. I have never ever seen that happen. On so many of the penalties, I kept waiting for the replay, but they never even showed it.

Maybe someone who taped the game and will watch it again can know for sure. Maybe the NFL set this up because they wanted the Saints to win their first game in San Antonio. Any comments?

Again, we lost because of overall poor play. I'm just saying that the refs may have been a little unfair, and there could have been some setting-up by the NFL with this game...
The NFL is crooked. I knew going into the game we would have to beat the Saints and the refs and we couldn't do both. How many times did they bring a big play back from us or give them a 1st down from penalties?

The NFL wanted New Orleans to win and the refs gave them every possible opportunity to do so.

AndreReed83
10-02-2005, 04:18 PM
A lot of people in the game thread here mentioned the penalties, in fact, I think about two straight pages of posts in that thread were about the refs calling the game for the Saints. As badly as the team did play and didn't execute, the refs were definitely geared towards giving the Saints a win for the "home" crowd. Just like the refs worked hard to give the Saints a win against the Panthers.

BillsFever21
10-02-2005, 04:18 PM
I saw a few plays where our guys were being held but there wasn't any call against them. We had 12 penalities and they had 4 and all of our penalties were game changing penalties. The refs and the NFL are crooked.

Lexwhat
10-02-2005, 04:25 PM
What made it even worse was that they never showed TV replays of the "penalties" against the Bills. Usually when refs suck, even then they show the replay and fans get to see the calls for themselves. Was this CBS doing it or the NFL telling CBS not to show the penalties?

Kerr
10-02-2005, 04:28 PM
I hope this doesn't mean the Saints win the superbowl because of Katrina. :crap:

Lexwhat
10-02-2005, 04:29 PM
Dozerdog said this in another post just now:

"My biggest complaint is that they get success running- then go away from it with the damn gaget plays.
McGahee rips a 30 yarder- next play is an aborted flea flicker.
Penalties also killed us. So many drive stops negated with def holding. Moulds holding on the 40 yard run by McGahee hurt too."

That was one obvious one. When they showed the replay, if you guys remember, the penalty was on the left side of the TV screen, and it was cut off. They wouldn't show it! The announcer said "oh bad angle on that replay, couldn't really see it." I was like what the hell?

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 04:34 PM
OMG I do not EVEN want to start thinking about THIS right now. If that is the case then why even watch the sport anymore?

Here is what I find strange. With all the EXPERIENCE we have on our coaching staff, someone PLEASE tell me how in the HELL one can justify punting with four minutes left in the game and down by two scores. It was obviously the Bill's LAST chance. Hell even the commentators said just before it was apparent that the Bills were going to punt, that this was obviously four down territory.

WTF? is this Greg Williams and Kevin Gilbride all over AGAIN?

Michael82
10-02-2005, 04:36 PM
Dozerdog said this in another post just now:

"My biggest complaint is that they get success running- then go away from it with the damn gaget plays.
McGahee rips a 30 yarder- next play is an aborted flea flicker.
Penalties also killed us. So many drive stops negated with def holding. Moulds holding on the 40 yard run by McGahee hurt too."

That was one obvious one. When they showed the replay, if you guys remember, the penalty was on the left side of the TV screen, and it was cut off. They wouldn't show it! The announcer said "oh bad angle on that replay, couldn't really see it." I was like what the hell?
They were like that with most penalties and when they showed Moulds, they were like, oh I didn't see it. and the other guy was like, yeah it was right there. It really sucks when you have to beat BOTH the opponent and the referee. :ill: :puke:

Oh and how about all those no calls on the the Saints? The Bills defense was all over the place, but was getting held all game long. :mad:

Lexwhat
10-02-2005, 04:40 PM
OMG I do not EVEN want to start thinking about THIS right now. If that is the case then why even watch the sport anymore?

Here is what I find strange. With all the EXPERIENCE we have on our coaching staff, someone PLEASE tell me how in the HELL one can justify punting with four minutes left in the game and down by two scores. It was obviously the Bill's LAST chance. Hell even the commentators said just before it was apparent that the Bills were going to punt, that this was obviously four down territory.

WTF? is this Greg Williams and Kevin Gilbride all over AGAIN?
:bf1:

chernobylwraiths
10-02-2005, 04:46 PM
Did anyone else notice MM laughing on the penalty on US when Duce was stopped at the line for a couple seconds and then ran around right end for about 20. It was sickening watching the Saints run all over us near the end when they were just trying to run out the clock.

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 05:04 PM
Did anyone else notice MM laughing on the penalty on US when Duce was stopped at the line for a couple seconds and then ran around right end for about 20. It was sickening watching the Saints run all over us near the end when they were just trying to run out the clock.

Makes you sick doesn't it? Like I said, it all goes back to basically accepting defeat by punting with four minutes left and down by two scores. As a defense, would you play when your coaches just give up like that. Nevermind that they were stupid enough to bench Losman once he finally starts to put something together.

BillsFever21
10-02-2005, 05:12 PM
Makes you sick doesn't it? Like I said, it all goes back to basically accepting defeat by punting with four minutes left and down by two scores. As a defense, would you play when your coaches just give up like that. Nevermind that they were stupid enough to bench Losman once he finally starts to put something together.
That was Mularkey's plan to shift blame from himself onto Losman like he did with McGahee a couple weeks ago.

Losman goes 5-7 for around 50 yards in the 3rd quarter and then he takes him out. Mularkey is a gutless P.O.S.

Lexwhat
10-02-2005, 05:20 PM
That was Mularkey's plan to shift blame from himself onto Losman like he did with McGahee a couple weeks ago.

Losman goes 5-7 for around 50 yards in the 3rd quarter and then he takes him out. Mularkey is a gutless P.O.S.
Glad you feel that way! :posrep:

DaBills
10-02-2005, 05:36 PM
In a close game I'd say the refs would be a factor, but we were so inept today that the refs didn't have to do a thing.

DynaPaul
10-02-2005, 05:52 PM

It was just like last game versus the untouchable marketing machine Michael Vick. We got no big calls that affected the outcome of the game, the Saints did. You know, it's important for the Saints to win so those poor hurricane victims, who probably don't give a turd about the Saints anyway, can feel good about themselves. Since we don't matter any it's no big whoop to throw the game their way.

fushetti
10-02-2005, 05:58 PM
Why does this post appear every freaking week?

THE BILLS AREN'T THAT GOOD!!