X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

RUN the Damn Ball!

WTF! Willis McGahee ran 8 times for 30 yards in the first half and was a huge part of that first and only touchdown drive of the day. He ran 7 times in the 1st quarter. Then he only ran once in the 2nd quarter. WTF.

This drive is the one that irritated me the most as the Bills were only down by only 3 points in the 2nd quarter....

Buffalo Bills at 05:29
    1-10-BUF30 (5:29) J.Losman pass incomplete to W.McGahee.
    2-10-BUF30 (5:24) PENALTY on BUF-B.Anderson, False Start, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 30 - No Play.
    2-15-BUF25 (5:24) J.Losman up the middle to BUF 33 for 8 yards (M.McKenzie).
    3-7-BUF33 (4:42) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass incomplete to L.Evans.
    PENALTY on NO-M.McKenzie, Illegal Contact, 5 yards, enforced at BUF 33 - No Play.
    1-10-BUF38 (4:36) J.Losman pass to W.McGahee to BUF 36 for -2 yards (S.Hodge). (2 yards after catch.)
    PENALTY on BUF-B.Anderson, Offensive Holding, 12 yards, enforced at BUF 38 - No Play.
    1-22-BUF26 (4:08) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass to E.Moulds to BUF 29 for 3 yards (M.McKenzie). (No yards after catch.)
    2-19-BUF29 (3:19) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass to E.Moulds to BUF 40 for 11 yards (M.McKenzie). (No yards after catch.)
    3-8-BUF40 (2:38) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass to J.Smith to NO 41 for 19 yards (C.Watson). (3 yards after catch.)
    1-10-NO41 (2:07) J.Losman pass incomplete to R.Neufeld (D.Smith).
    2-10-NO41 (2:04) (Shotgun) S.Williams up the middle to NO 29 for 12 yards (D.Smith, J.Bullocks).
    1-10-NO29 (1:58) W.McGahee right tackle to NO 28 for 1 yard (C.Grant).
    2-9-NO28 (1:45) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass incomplete to E.Moulds.
    3-9-NO28 (1:42) (Shotgun) J.Losman pass to S.Williams to NO 27 for 1 yard (F.Thomas). (No yards after catch.)
    4-8-NO27 (1:27) R.Lindell 45 yard field goal is No Good, Wide Right, Center-M.Schneck, Holder-B.Moorman.
    Then the 2nd half, he ran 8 times for 54 yards. Why wouldn't you use him more?

and then there's this one...RUN THE BALL! McGahee got 14 yards on the first down, and they didn't run him at all after that. WTF.

Buffalo Bills at 07:57
    1-10-BUF23 (7:57) W.McGahee left guard to BUF 37 for 14 yards (J.Bullocks). (Ball spot changes from last play due to change of possession.)
    1-10-BUF37 (7:20) J.Losman sacked at BUF 28 for -9 yards (D.Howard). FUMBLES (D.Howard), and recovers at BUF 28. J.Losman to BUF 28 for no gain (W.Whitehead).
    2-19-BUF28 (6:39) (Shotgun) J.Losman left guard to BUF 35 for 7 yards (F.Thomas).
    3-12-BUF35 (5:53) (Shotgun) J.Losman sacked at BUF 24 for -11 yards (W.Smith).
    4-23-BUF24 (5:29) B.Moorman punts 43 yards to NO 33, Center-M.Schneck. A.Hakim to NO 41 for 8 yards (G.Wilson).
    Last edited by Michael82; 10-02-2005, 04:37 PM.
  • BillsFever21
    • Aug 2004

Re: RUN the Damn Ball!

Someone try to slap this into the clowns who is coaching this team.

Comment

• BillsFever21
      • Aug 2004

We pass till we get 2 scores behind and then we start running the ball. It's like they say to themselves this isn't working lets try to run now.

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
        We pass till we get 2 scores behind and then we start running the ball. It's like they say to themselves this isn't working lets try to run now.
        yeah thats exactly what happened.

I swore I saw Kevin Gilbride on the field. It definitely looked like it. Oh and I'm voting to put Tom Clements back in the booth. Him being on the field seems like a bad thing so far. Go back in the booth and watch the plays.

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
          yeah thats exactly what happened.

I swore I saw Kevin Gilbride on the field. It definitely looked like it. Oh and I'm voting to put Tom Clements back in the booth. Him being on the field seems like a bad thing so far. Go back in the booth and watch the plays.
          The only booth he needs to be in is the announcers booth.

He sucks and so does Mularkey. We will never go anywhere with these losers.

Comment

• paladin warrior
            All-Pro Zoner
            • Oct 2004

WTF! Willis McGahee ran 8 times for 30 yards in the first half and was a huge part of that first and only touchdown drive of the day. He ran 7 times in the 1st quarter. Then he only ran once in the 2nd quarter. WTF.

Then the 2nd half, he ran 8 times for 54 yards. Why wouldn't you use him more? This drive is the one that irritated me the most as the Bills were only down by only 3 points in the 2nd quarter....

and then there's this one...RUN THE BALL! McGahee got 14 yards on the first down, and they didn't run him at all after that. WTF.
            What about THREW the Damn Ball!!

Comment

• Lexwhat
              • Feb 2005

I agree with everyone. Ive said a few times that Mularkey doesn't put our players in a good position to win ball games. I said that last year I was not impressed with his 6 game winning streak and that Mularkey has yet to get our team ready for a big game. Someone even said to me "yea that makes a lot of sense since Mularkey is the one making tackles and throwing passes."

By the way, me intention is not to sound cocky or sound like I saw something and no one else did. But I think everyone realizes what a big difference good coaching makes, even more than what we previously thought.

Just give McGahee the damn ball. I doubt Mularkey gets us ready for next weekend either. I'm just glad Ricky Williams isnt gonna be playing against us on Sunday since the 4th game suspension will be served for week 5 next weekend.

Comment

• Michael82
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                Just give McGahee the damn ball.
                why doesn't Mularkey understand this?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

why doesn't Mularkey understand this?
                  you have to have a passing game that defenses respect or they put 9 in the box...or more.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                    you have to have a passing game that defenses respect or they put 9 in the box...or more.
                    That's BS! Whenever they ran, it was working. Look at the first drive. It was all on Willis McGahee, then they didn't even bother running much after that. 3 times in the first half? After you run with Willis 5 times in the first series? That's disgusting!

Comment

Working...
                    X