PDA

View Full Version : Sooo what do YOU do?

Devin
10-02-2005, 05:19 PM
I hate benching JP I truly do, Peyton went 3-13 his first season as a starter I believe, and I truly believe JP will only improve by playing and having the opportunity to work out of jams.

His OL isnt helping much. It appears he simply has a case of the "drews", he holds on to the ball to long and take years to make his progressions.

IMO the coaching staff isnt calling bad plays moreso calling plays that dont fit JP.

Give Willis the rock 5-10 more times a game, and utilize the TE a little more.

The defense was great against the run today until NO's last possesion. Clements, Vincent, and Milloy (although he's playing hurt) are playing like ******s. Crowell had a "decent" day but our LB's/Secondary gave up far to much over the middle to Stallworth. Shame our Dline got no penetration.

The_Philster
10-02-2005, 05:25 PM
It appears he simply has a case of the "drews", he holds on to the ball to long and take years to make his progressions.I noticed that too..not something I saw too much of before today...I can handle the physical mistakes better because those are easily correctable...but locking onto WRs and holding onto the ball too long are mental errors...harder to fix

honey
10-02-2005, 05:30 PM
I agree with him looking like Drew did last year, but I still say give the kid a few more games. Watching him on the sidelines today, he really wants to win. REALLY wants it. I think he'll improve. :smile:

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 05:36 PM
The coaching staff is DEFINITLEY not calling plays that are "Losman young QB" friendly and all that talk about protecting him with the POWER RUNNING GAME (God it makes me sick to my stomach to hear them say it cause it's crap) is just that. Nothing but TALK. At this point though, it appears that our philosphy is to PASS PASS PASS, so you may as well start the EXPERIENCED guy just to see what happens. What could it hurt? It'll just make EVERYONE relaize that THAT WAS NOT the naswer and then we can all go back to just hearing about how Losman is a bust and all that instead of wondering WHAT IF.

RedEyE
10-02-2005, 05:43 PM
The 4th and 6 inch play call in the 4th QRTR was just freaking stupid. I mean, Holcomb is easily 6'2" and if you didn't think he could make the play, throw Losman out there for the sneak. But turning an I formation handoff? What sense is it to give the ball to Willis that is 6 yards off the ball, when all Holcomb had to do was fall forward with it?

Stupid

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 05:46 PM
The 4th and 6 inch play call in the 4th QRTR was just freaking stupid. I mean, Holcomb is easily 6'2" and if you didn't think he could make the play, throw Losman out there for the sneak. But turning an I formation handoff? What sense is it to give the ball to Willis that is 6 yards off the ball, when all Holcomb had to do was fall forward with it?

Stupid

It reeks of that Belly Button Cheese doesn't it?

RedEyE
10-02-2005, 05:48 PM
It reeks of that Belly Button Cheese doesn't it?
I had to look to the sidelines to see if Gregg Williams was out there coaching today.

Michael82
10-02-2005, 05:58 PM
I had to look to the sidelines to see if Gregg Williams was out there coaching today.
I saw Gilbride out there several times. :ill:

Drive 4 Five
10-02-2005, 06:04 PM
Shades of Man Boobs. God help us.

RedEyE
10-02-2005, 06:04 PM
I saw Gilbride out there several times. :ill:
:ill:

Devin
10-02-2005, 06:05 PM
Yeah I nearly had an aneurysm when that 4th and inches play happend. Holcomb basically had to fall forward.

Losman is so gifted athletically, but just isnt using his head. The INT he threw infuriated me moreso because thats the fourth long-ball hes overthrown by YARDS.

Settle the **** down kid.

Michael82
10-02-2005, 06:13 PM
Shades of Man Boobs. God help us.
yeah...the discipline, mistakes, play calling, cockyness, blaming other people at the press conferences. It all sounds eerily familiar. :scared:

colin
10-02-2005, 06:19 PM
what i would do:

1 if jp is playing, like today, i run him 8-14 times a game. every time JP ran good things happen, i'd only ever pass with JP if it was a total play action fool job, or we just had to.

2. since we have 1 week to go, we make kelly our starter in practice, he gets all the snaps. against miami we shouldn't blitz leaving the whole center field open every 3rd down. also we run the ball on first down 70% of the time (when we pass on 1st and 2nd negative things happen, check the last 3 weeks play by play). and we run left and up the gut at least 30 times a game. we run willis in total at least 25 times a game, and he gets at least 30 touches. shaud runs 5-15 times as well.

today we averaged over 6 a carry running and less than 3 passing. jp needs to sit, frankly he isnt' good enough to be a 3rd qb.

chernobylwraiths
10-02-2005, 07:52 PM
I hate benching JP I truly do, Peyton went 3-13 his first season as a starter I believe, and I truly believe JP will only improve by playing and having the opportunity to work out of jams.

His OL isnt helping much. It appears he simply has a case of the "drews", he holds on to the ball to long and take years to make his progressions.

IMO the coaching staff isnt calling bad plays moreso calling plays that dont fit JP.

Give Willis the rock 5-10 more times a game, and utilize the TE a little more.

The defense was great against the run today until NO's last possesion. Clements, Vincent, and Milloy (although he's playing hurt) are playing like ******s. Crowell had a "decent" day but our LB's/Secondary gave up far to much over the middle to Stallworth. Shame our Dline got no penetration.

I agree with just about all of it. I like JP and want him to start the rest of the season. I have no problem with pulling him in the 3rd like that if the game is still within reach and Losman has done nothing in the game but get worse. Holcomb was a great signing at the beginning of the year and now everyone thinks he sucks? I also really was impressed with Losman standing at the sidelines with his helmet still on ready to go back in and cheering the team on, giving support of his teammates. I'm sure that goes a long way with them. Most NFL QBs take about a half a year to get going and I think Losman will be no different. We need patience with him, but it doesn't mean we have to watch the team go down in flames with him if there was something that could be done.

Lastly, give freaking Holcomb a break too. NO is a very good pass rushing team and throwing a guy in against that rush isn't very fair for him either. You can't expect miracles.

Ebenezer
10-02-2005, 07:54 PM
The Bills are going to do what they want...develop the kid, yank him when they need to and prevent WM from getting over 1500 yards...

I would just run WM 20-25 times a game and let JP come along slowly...worked for Fergy in 72 & 73.

Dozerdog
10-02-2005, 08:27 PM
Ferguson Didn't break 1,000 YARDS in his first season, in 12 starts (OUT OF 14)

Give the ball to Willis.

elltrain22
10-02-2005, 09:03 PM
Even if you devised the best possible game plan for JPL he still has happy feet in the pocket, can't throw a deep ball at all, doesn't have any kind of timing on any of his throws w/ his receivers, and doesn't have good recognition of the blitz. I'm sorry this guy is a loooonnnnnggg way from being even average. He has a cannon for an arm & can run the ball ,but to me, thats all I see from him.

colin
10-02-2005, 09:17 PM
Even if you devised the best possible game plan for JPL he still has happy feet in the pocket, can't throw a deep ball at all, doesn't have any kind of timing on any of his throws w/ his receivers, and doesn't have good recognition of the blitz. I'm sorry this guy is a loooonnnnnggg way from being even average. He has a cannon for an arm & can run the ball ,but to me, thats all I see from him.

he has been the worst qb this season, he is horrible.

not bad, not close, not average, not dissapointing, not making a bad decision here and there, but effing horrible.

he is worse than todd collins was, but can run well.