Maybe a glimmer of hope...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nighthawk
    Getting old waiting for a championship in Buffalo!
    • Jul 2002

Maybe a glimmer of hope...

Looks like the Jets will lose again also, the Pats are 2-2 and we know the Phins aren't that good, so we are still in it for the AFC East. That is, if our offensive coordinator and head coach get their head out of their a$$es. As far as the Phins are concerned, I don't think they are that good, but their head coach seems to know what he is doing and keeps the offense simple to hide the fact they have no QB. That is what we need to do here...keep it simple, have Losman throw at most, 15-20 passes a game and let Willis touch it 35 times...at least!

There, I showed some optimism...
  • SkapePhin
    • Jan 2005

Re: Maybe a glimmer of hope...

Originally posted by Nighthawk
    Looks like the Jets will lose again also, the Pats are 2-2 and we know the Phins aren't that good, so we are still in it for the AFC East. That is, if our offensive coordinator and head coach get their head out of their a$$es. As far as the Phins are concerned, I don't think they are that good, but their head coach seems to know what he is doing and keeps the offense simple to hide the fact they have no QB. That is what we need to do here...keep it simple, have Losman throw at most, 15-20 passes a game and let Willis touch it 35 times...at least!

I must say, if the Phins "arent that good" that must make the Bills "absolute trash" at this point.. Bottomline is this, based off of a month of play, the Dolphins are the most consistent team in the AFC East and are currently alone atop the division.

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
      • May 2003

Saban appears to be a better coach than what we're stuck with and fan or not i'm a realist, and I would not be at all surprised if the Dolphins beat our asses good next Sunday.

Originally posted by SkapePhin
      I must say, if the Phins "arent that good" that must make the Bills "absolute trash" at this point.. Bottomline is this, based off of a month of play, the Dolphins are the most consistent team in the AFC East and are currently alone atop the division.

Comment

• Dozerdog
        In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
        • Jul 2002

Please avoid personal attacks please. Thanks

Comment

• Devin
          The Octagon
          • Apr 2003

The Dolphins are playing great football right now, both their D and offensive line are playing much better. I hate the fins but facts are facts.

It wont be a blowout next week, but if Losman is playing or even more so our D keeps up this horrid pass defense we are going to leave the Ralph 1-4.
          http://gridironjunkies.net/forums/index.php

Comment

• colin
            Drew's my hero!
            • Jul 2002

true fact,

if we get on gear we can win this division!

oh, brooks bollinger is better than JP.

bust anyone?

Comment

• Tatonka
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkapePhin

your so right and it just makes me sick.
              "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Dolphinatic
                • Dec 2002

It's too early to say how good Miami is or isn't, but the assumption that they aren't as good as their early record is starting to look more and more like wishful thinking.

Unless they tank next week, we won't get much of an idea how good they are until the week after vs. Tampa, because frankly, beating Buffalo at this point wouldn't really prove anything.
                Be proud, Bills fans. Thanks to the NFL's changes to encourage
                parity, your record of four consecutive Super Bowl losses will
                stand unmatched in our lifetimes and beyond.

Comment

• AndreReed83
                  Dink or dunk, Mularkey just plain stunk.
                  • Mar 2004

Personally, I think the Bills will beat the Phins.

"Look it up Thurman!!!" ~Marv Levy~
                  "It's like someone walking into your house and punching your mother RIGHT in the the face." ~Darryl Talley ~

Comment

• Marino13Phins
                    Put your banana between these melons and make a fruit salad
                    • Oct 2003

You should atleast give credit where credit is due. The phins are a decent team. They are not among the top teams in the NFL. But they are not the horrible team they were last year. And to say that their QB sucks is wrong. He is putting up better #'s the Losman (I know he's young). I'm just saying, just give some credit where it is due, he is def an upgrade of Fiedler, and the offense is doing well.

Comment

• Marino13Phins
                      Put your banana between these melons and make a fruit salad
                      • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Devin
                      The Dolphins are playing great football right now, both their D and offensive line are playing much better. I hate the fins but facts are facts.

It wont be a blowout next week, but if Losman is playing or even more so our D keeps up this horrid pass defense we are going to leave the Ralph 1-4.
                      Thank you devin, good post.

Comment

• Meathead
                        Insufferable ***** and perpetual crybaby
                        • Jul 2002

Tis true, and the three loses were all to NFC teams. Theoretically the Bills are only a game out and haven't lost any ground on the first two tie-breakers. So it could be worse.
                        One set of rules for all in the beloved community

Comment

• Dolphinatic
                          • Dec 2002

Originally posted by Meathead
                          Tis true, and the three loses were all to NFC teams. Theoretically the Bills are only a game out and haven't lost any ground on the first two tie-breakers. So it could be worse.
                          Not that it matters yet, but after head-to-head and division records, the next division tiebreaker is common games, not conference games.

This year's eight common games for the AFC East are the teams from the AFC West and NFC South.

Bills are 0-3 in those games so far. (Miami is 2-0, Pats 1-2, Jets 0-1).

AFC record does count higher for a wildcard, but if you're in a tie that includes another team from your own division, you always run the division tiebreak first.

NFL Tiebreakers
                          Be proud, Bills fans. Thanks to the NFL's changes to encourage
                          parity, your record of four consecutive Super Bowl losses will
                          stand unmatched in our lifetimes and beyond.

Comment

Working...
                          X