PDA

View Full Version : Well the good news is that....

Michael82
10-02-2005, 06:22 PM
Drew Bledsoe came back to reality. :snicker:

11/26 for 212 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 4 sacks

And he choked at the end of the game, when his team was coming back.

1-10-OAK11 (2:39) J.Jones left tackle to OAK 3 for 8 yards (R.Hill).
2-2-OAK3 (2:00) J.Jones left end to OAK 5 for -2 yards (T.Kelly).
3-4-OAK5 (1:53) D.Bledsoe pass incomplete to K.Johnson.
4-4-OAK5 (1:49) D.Bledsoe pass incomplete to T.Glenn.

However, the bad news is that it appears JP Losman studied Drew Bledsoe too much. He's starting to show some of the same problems that Bledsoe did. Holds onto the ball too long, pat the ball, don't check off the receivers, tunnel vision, locks onto the receivers, doesn't move away from the pressure enough. :ill: :scared:

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2005, 06:29 PM
I watched the game, Drew played well in the 4th quarter, nearly led Dallas back. Keyshawn cost Dallas a win btw, not Bledsoe.

Kerr
10-02-2005, 06:33 PM
I noticed that too. I guess that keeps anyone from wishing we should have kept bledsoe for at least this week.

Ebenezer
10-02-2005, 06:34 PM
I didn't see the game but Drew on the road...Drew is as Drew is

colin
10-02-2005, 06:40 PM

However, the bad news is that it appears JP Losman studied Drew Bledsoe too much. He's starting to show some of the same problems that Bledsoe did. Holds onto the ball too long, pat the ball, don't check off the receivers, tunnel vision, locks onto the receivers, doesn't move away from the pressure enough. :ill: :scared:

that would be much much better than JP has played, ever.

CAT G Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int 1st 1rst % 20+ Sac Rate

VS. HOUSTON 1 28 17 60.7 170 6.07 42 1 0 10 58.8 1 1 89.9
VS. TAMPA BAY 1 28 11 39.3 113 4.04 30 0 0 6 54.5 1 2 51.6
VS. ATLANTA 1 23 10 43.5 75 3.26 17 0 1 2 20.0 0 4 33.8

and today he is 7 of 15 for 75 yards with one int and no scores, and 3 sacks.

in all of those games, with the exception of TB which i wasn't too panicked about, we have run like demons.

our QB is 28 of 66 for 263 yards 2 ints and NO SCORES in the last 3 games

we have a top 10 RB, a top 6 or so D (7 coming into this game and they played well enough to hold the opponets to 19 on the road) and a very solid special teams.

JP losman is a horrible horrible QB. his only skill is running, and we have other guys to do that.

no damn way he gets snaps in practice as the starter this week, not if clements and mularky want to keep their jobs.

Novacane
10-02-2005, 06:49 PM
How's that good news? We still suck

The_Philster
10-02-2005, 06:50 PM
How's that good news? We still suckThat's pretty sad when Mikey starts a thread bashing Drew and an Amigo doesn't join in

chubluv
10-02-2005, 06:52 PM
Bledsoe,Losman,Holcomb,Matthews put any of them in there & it will be the same story. I said it before and i'll say it again change the system not the QB. Changing the QB now only adds to the problems.

I dont want to give up on the season just yet, but if we are going to play defence the way we have been. We might as well leave JP in there to get as many snaps as he can. Some how he ( & the WR's) needs to read that blitz coming at them and react quicker and dump the ball off. One final point we should never ever ever ever run a screen pass again i get :ill: watching them try to exicute that play every week.

chernobylwraiths
10-02-2005, 06:55 PM

Mikey, either you liked Drew and supported him while he was here, or you think he has always sucked and never thought he would succeed here. You can't have it both ways. I never saw you say this about Drew when he played for us, or are you just one of those guys that likes guys on his own team and then bashes the crap out of them as soon as they are gone?

colin
10-02-2005, 06:57 PM
Bledsoe,Losman,Holcomb,Matthews put any of them in there & it will be the same story. I said it before and i'll say it again change the system not the QB. Changing the QB now only adds to the problems.

I dont want to give up on the season just yet, but if we are going to play defence the way we have been. We might as well leave JP in there to get as many snaps as he can. Some how he ( & the WR's) needs to read that blitz coming at them and react quicker and dump the ball off. One final point we should never ever ever ever run a screen pass again i get :ill: watching them try to exicute that play every week.

nope

we have certainly not been as good as last year so far, but we have played well enough to win. our D won us the first game, was soft in the second, let up too many yards on the ground but got us the ball 3 times down by a score in the 4th in the third game, and played pretty solid today.

we had a top 7 d going into this game, and shut down the run until garbage time.

our problem is our O, specifically our play calling and passing game.

we need to run more, and we need to put in a qb who can pass, jp is NOT good enough for the nfl.

The_Philster
10-02-2005, 06:58 PM
Mikey, either you liked Drew and supported him while he was here, or you think he has always sucked and never thought he would succeed here. You can't have it both ways. I never saw you say this about Drew when he played for us, or are you just one of those guys that likes guys on his own team and then bashes the crap out of them as soon as they are gone?sounds like the latter to be honest. I hated seeing Keion Carpenter play well against us last week...but I love that he's playing well and starting, period

Philagape
10-02-2005, 07:02 PM
that would be much much better than JP has played, ever.

CAT G Att Comp Pct Yds YPA Lg TD Int 1st 1rst % 20+ Sac Rate

VS. HOUSTON 1 28 17 60.7 170 6.07 42 1 0 10 58.8 1 1 89.9
VS. TAMPA BAY 1 28 11 39.3 113 4.04 30 0 0 6 54.5 1 2 51.6
VS. ATLANTA 1 23 10 43.5 75 3.26 17 0 1 2 20.0 0 4 33.8

and today he is 7 of 15 for 75 yards with one int and no scores, and 3 sacks.

in all of those games, with the exception of TB which i wasn't too panicked about, we have run like demons.

our QB is 28 of 66 for 263 yards 2 ints and NO SCORES in the last 3 games

we have a top 10 RB, a top 6 or so D (7 coming into this game and they played well enough to hold the opponets to 19 on the road) and a very solid special teams.

JP losman is a horrible horrible QB. his only skill is running, and we have other guys to do that.

no damn way he gets snaps in practice as the starter this week, not if clements and mularky want to keep their jobs.

So a 13-year veteran is playing better than a first-year starter. Stop the presses.

After carefully studying the play of every QB who's ever lived, I've come to this conclusion ... They tend to get better over time.

We do NOT have a top 6 D. Top 16 would be a stretch.

Plus, the O-line sucks.

AndreReed83
10-02-2005, 07:12 PM
I think that it is painfully obvious that the Bills would have been a playoff team with Bledsoe at the helm if they had ANY sort of O-line to protect him.

colin
10-02-2005, 07:22 PM
So a 13-year veteran is playing better than a first-year starter. Stop the presses.

After carefully studying the play of every QB who's ever lived, I've come to this conclusion ... They tend to get better over time.

We do NOT have a top 6 D. Top 16 would be a stretch.

Plus, the O-line sucks.

they don't all make it, jp was left till late in the 1st for a reason, he just isn't there yet.

he'll need 1-2 more seasons to even be ready to step on the grid iron.

and check the stats, our d has played bad against the run, but is good overall.

holcombe won't guarantee us anything, but JP guarantees us a loss every week. unless our D gets 5 turnovers like we did week one.