PDA

View Full Version : after calming down a bit, it aint that bad

X-Era
10-02-2005, 06:54 PM
The Jets are 1 and 3, the Pats are 2 and 2 and we get the 2 and 1 Fins next week at home.

Heres the positives:

McGahee finally started running like we all know he can, Maybe, just maybe, we will get smart and give him the damn ball.

We did march right down the field and score on the first drive. The crowd noise was absolutely ridculous and cost us some penalties that led to 3rd and longs, not a good situation for a young QB.

This season is FAR from over, at WORST we are 1 game back. We also havent lost and AFC East game or an AFC game for that matter.

I just hope to hell we dont sh_t can the season by putting Holcomb in think he will win games for us, he wont, it isnt the QB's fault we are losing. Fix the D woes, and fix the O playcalling and everything will be better.

Its a one game season right now, one false move, one more loss and to an AFC East opponent and we are in a DEEP hole.

It maybe risky, but I say stick with Losman, run the ball over and over, and shore up your secondary problems somehow.

After all, we are already 1 game better than this time last year!!!

Novacane
10-02-2005, 06:57 PM
I'm getting sick of hearing how we are "ahead of last years record"

Thank you

X-Era
10-02-2005, 07:01 PM
I'm getting sick of hearing how we are "ahead of last years record"

Thank you
hey, Im pulling at straws here.

How bout this one, did anyone think after the Houston game that we could stink this bad? Well, whos to say we cant switch back to the Houston game next week? If it can turn ugly cant it turn pretty just as fast? Heres to hoping.

The_Philster
10-02-2005, 07:04 PM
it isnt the QB's fault we are losing. Fix the D woes, and fix the O playcalling and everything will be better.Correction...it's not completely his fault...JP has to shoulder his share of the blame as well..holding onto the ball too long, locking onto his WRs..mental mistakes that he has to fix...physical errors work themselves out...timing errors, etc...but the mental mistakes can be huge.

Novacane
10-02-2005, 07:08 PM
hey, Im pulling at straws here.

How bout this one, did anyone think after the Houston game that we could stink this bad? Well, whos to say we cant switch back to the Houston game next week? If it can turn ugly cant it turn pretty just as fast? Heres to hoping.

I'm not giving up hope yet. We've got to division games at home that are winnable. If we can take them we're right back in it. I think the thing JP and this offense needs the most right now is confidence. If they can just have some success things might get going

Mahdi
10-02-2005, 07:32 PM
The coaches should take most of the blame for JP's play for their terrible play calling.... we are supposed to be a "ball control offense" and everytime Willis comes up with a long run we go back to the pass and get sacked or into 2 and 10. If we were to just pound with willis until teams cant afford to sit back or send blitzes then JP would perform much better. Clements should be relieved of duty IMO.

Dozerdog
10-02-2005, 07:40 PM
I'm going to reserve judgement until we get to Haloween. Considering where we were in 2003 and 2004 (2-6) with a veteran QB - I'll see where this team is before killing myself.

Jan Reimers
10-02-2005, 07:42 PM
Correction...it's not completely his fault...JP has to shoulder his share of the blame as well..holding onto the ball too long, locking onto his WRs..mental mistakes that he has to fix...physical errors work themselves out...timing errors, etc...but the mental mistakes can be huge.
I agree, but he won't get better sitting on the bench.

The_Philster
10-02-2005, 07:53 PM
I agree, but he won't get better sitting on the bench.agreed

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-02-2005, 09:04 PM
I think it's time For TD and Clements to be shown the door. I have no faith in us re-signing anyone anymore, and the guys we do sign like Bennie Anderson are a joke. I realize Spikes and Fletcher are not jokes but you catch my drift hopefully. I also say we stick With Losman win or lose even if it costs us the season. The only way to find out if hes for real is letting him play. The D is really starting to concern me at this point. I think some of it has to do with them being on the field for 3/4 of the game, but it has not looked good at all. McGahee is just a nasty runner and he need the ball AT LEAST 30 times a game. He was busting some nice runs against the Saints and we were not down to the point where we could no longer run the ball. The next two games are must wins for us so heres hoping...SQUISH THE FISH!....J.E.T.S. SUCK SUCK SUCK!

DaBills
10-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Yes, yes it is that bad. That was a beatable Saints team today. I'm always taking the glass half-full approach, but the way they are regressing, I doubt we could beat Canisius, let alone the Vikes.

Scary thing is WM already ran the way he should when he put a buc-40 up the other time. He ran well today too. Imo, that's not the problem though - sticking with the run is, and we aren't doing it for more than a series at a time. That's MM 110% and he needs to address it ASAP.

And there's no identity I can see: are we a running team or are we trying to show JP can make it as a QB in the NFL?

Something's wrong when we had a 2-to-1 advantage with our rushing yards 6 ypc! for 140 over our passing yards @ 3 per attempt!!!! for 68. That's unacceptable by any standard.

I have to blame JP for miscues and taking too many sacks, but tell me Moulds didn't have a case of the drops today too. And where are the TEs for him to check off to? And the O-line: how do they suck at pass protection so badly but are run blocking far more effectively?

The few positives I see are:

1) Mcgee almost breaking it for a TD. He's strong in the return slot and I think he gives us consistently solid field position, except for the damn penalties! ( Speaking of flags, F' ing Moulds! Are you kidding me? Holding?)

2) We haven't played a crucial division game so we're even. Way things are going, maybe 9-7 gets you into the playoffs this year. But we're not even playing at a 9-7 level and that's a bigger problem.

3) Only advantage I see against the Fins is that it's a home game and that supposedly R. Williams is out. Maybe their ***** mascot will suit up and only rush for 125.

;-p