PDA

View Full Version : JP is not the PROBLEM!

jpdex12
10-02-2005, 08:00 PM
As we all know, everyone has their own opinions and they can freely express them as that is what our country is famous for and that is a good reason for this website to be so interesting.

The thing that just makes me want to eat friggin nails is that so many people who are bashing JP Losman right now must have expected him to not faulter at all this season...to be sort of unhuman like.

It's not like the kid hasn't tried his hardest this year. He was back in Buffalo studying weeks before any other players were. I heard plenty of jamokes complaining about him after our first loss. Come on!

I don't know what other people watch about his game, but I can see that he clearly does have talent. I want to see this kid succeed and I know he will succeed. We cannot just expect him to step in and win every frickin game right off the bat. He's gonna struggle, but he will and is getting better. He actually threw a few passes and completed them that he wasn't connecting on before.

If you guys want to bash anyone, I suggest that you curse out Mularkey for the jackass move of starting a QB carousel. If this SOB keeps this s**t up I am gonna snap. Let the kid play and learn. Pulling him for a half rate backup just to start a spark is an idiot move. Look at both Mannings. Look at Palmer. Look at any decent starter in the league right now and you will see a similar trend. They struggled at first!

Our "O" playcalling has sucked and our O-line is pass blocking like ****. Our line is a big reason why we are really struggling. I would much rather watch JP slowly progress this year then delay his learning.

Nice move Mularkey. Clean your **** up!

colin
10-02-2005, 08:03 PM
jp can run very well.

aside from that he is the worst QB in the NFL, worse than the Mcnowns, and worse than Brooks Bollinger. He is too hyper and won't make easy plays.

that said, we could have still won this game if we ran Mcgahee more than 11 times after the first drive and more than 3 times in the second half.

also, tom clements our OC looks like a creepy child molsting piano teacher. if he doesn't figure it out he needs to be shown the door and have mularky call plays.

jpdex12
10-02-2005, 08:10 PM
jp can run very well.

aside from that he is the worst QB in the NFL, worse than the Mcnowns, and worse than Brooks Bollinger. He is too hyper and won't make easy plays.

that said, we could have still won this game if we ran Mcgahee more than 11 times after the first drive and more than 3 times in the second half.

also, tom clements our OC looks like a creepy child molsting piano teacher. if he doesn't figure it out he needs to be shown the door and have mularky call plays.Honestly, what good will it do to yank the kid part way through a game just to try to create a spark? Have there been any sparks created yet by Holcomb? NO! We did not trade two first round picks just to let the kid sit the bench. He has talent and he needs to learn. If frickin Mularkey starts the head games now, it could delay his confidence. Our O-line was not giving him any time. There were a few plays when JP held onto the ball too long, but how would your confidence be if you knew that your line wasn't giving you time to throw. It would make you rush through your progressions. You would lock onto the first half open reciever that you could find and rush your throws. Rushing your throws makes you innacurate and innacuracy makes you look bad.
How the hell do you think that Big Ben looked so good last year? He had a stud line!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be so quick to throw the blame on someone until you have analized the situation. JP will succeed!

I love Mularkeys job so far as a coach, but it is an idiot move to keep yanking JP. god****, why can't he see that?

colin
10-02-2005, 08:20 PM
Honestly, what good will it do to yank the kid part way through a game just to try to create a spark? Have there been any sparks created yet by Holcomb? NO! We did not trade two first round picks just to let the kid sit the bench. He has talent and he needs to learn. If frickin Mularkey starts the head games now, it could delay his confidence. Our O-line was not giving him any time. There were a few plays when JP held onto the ball too long, but how would your confidence be if you knew that your line wasn't giving you time to throw. It would make you rush through your progressions. You would lock onto the first half open reciever that you could find and rush your throws. Rushing your throws makes you innacurate and innacuracy makes you look bad.
How the hell do you think that Big Ben looked so good last year? He had a stud line!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be so quick to throw the blame on someone until you have analized the situation. JP will succeed!

I love Mularkeys job so far as a coach, but it is an idiot move to keep yanking JP. god****, why can't he see that?

i'm not huge on the in game benching, i think jp needs to be benched all the time.

jp is either a bust or AT LEAST one year from having the ability to play in the NFL, either way he needs to stop killing our team.

BuffaloBillsStampede
10-02-2005, 08:37 PM
If we lose the next couple games the season is lost anyways, so I say let J.P. stay in there and do what he can. It does worry me some that eventhough he hasnt throw many picks he also hasn't thrown for many yards. I don't know if it's the coaching staff not letting him throw more or he is just not finding the guys he needs to, but 75 yards is not going to cut it no matter how young you are.

YardRat
10-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Losman sucks. Maybe he'll get better, maybe he won't. It's a damn shame...this team had play-offs written all over it last year, a dominating defense that returned 10 starters, a good mix of veterans and youngsters on the offensive side of the ball capable of at least putting points ont the board, and outstanding special teams. The exact type of formula that wins teams Super Bowls.

Now they're struggling to not become the laughing-stock of the league because of one stupid move.

Yes, it is JP Losman's fault, and his inability to perform even adequately on the field is dragging the entire team down with him. There's a fine line between winning and losing, and this team just stepped back behind the line once again for who knows how long because the dumb-asses in charge believed they could win with an unproven commodity at QB.

jpdex12
10-02-2005, 09:21 PM
Losman sucks. Maybe he'll get better, maybe he won't. It's a damn shame...this team had play-offs written all over it last year, a dominating defense that returned 10 starters, a good mix of veterans and youngsters on the offensive side of the ball capable of at least putting points ont the board, and outstanding special teams. The exact type of formula that wins teams Super Bowls.

Now they're struggling to not become the laughing-stock of the league because of one stupid move.

Yes, it is JP Losman's fault, and his inability to perform even adequately on the field is dragging the entire team down with him. There's a fine line between winning and losing, and this team just stepped back behind the line once again for who knows how long because the dumb-asses in charge believed they could win with an unproven commodity at QB.Answer me three questions.

Did we win during three years with the 12 year veteran, Drew?

How many teams with "Playoffs" written all over them were dead last in run defense?

Has our O-line been as good enough as it needs to be for a second year QB with 5 snaps under his belt?

jpdex12
10-02-2005, 09:25 PM

Yes, it is JP Losman's fault, and his inability to perform even adequately on the field is dragging the entire team down with him. There's a fine line between winning and losing, and this team just stepped back behind the line once again for who knows how long because the dumb-asses in charge believed they could win with an unproven commodity at QB.
"Losman sucks. Maybe he'll get better, maybe he won't. It's a damn shame..."

Wow, there's an intelligent statement! Pretty general, don't you think?
What makes you think that he will get better?
What makes you think that he won't?
Don't most young QB's with no experience stink it up?

....Ever hear of the school of hard knocks?

jpdex12
10-02-2005, 09:28 PM
i'm not huge on the in game benching, i think jp needs to be benched all the time.

jp is either a bust or AT LEAST one year from having the ability to play in the NFL, either way he needs to stop killing our team.
Do you think that QB's learn better when watching from the sidelines?

How can you call him a bust? He only has four NFL starts!

Mahdi
10-02-2005, 09:29 PM
I agree...its not JP's fault... the reason Ben R. was successful in his first season was because Pitt ran the ball at will and teams had to respect that. For some reason Mularkey and Co. are being cheeky with the play calling and insisting on passing on first down and using too much missdirection when they should just continue pounding it. Willis should have had 25+ carries for 150 yards, when that happens JP will get more comfortable, and the Bills will win.

Forward_Lateral
10-02-2005, 09:31 PM

So much of me wants to disagree with this post, but I can't, because it's true.

YardRat
10-02-2005, 09:33 PM
Did we win with during three years with the 12 year veteran, Drew?
Finished the year strong last year with big momentum that should have carried over to this year. Finally had the right mix of talent, young and old, on all three squads to give the team that special something needed for a play-off run.

Yes, it is JP Losman's fault, and his inability to perform even adequately on the field is dragging the entire team down with him.

How many teams with "Playoffs" written all over them were dead last in run defense?

The defense is getting killed, especially in the second half, because of the amount of plays they're seeing and the amount of time they have to spend on the field because our QB doesn't understand how to throw the ball downfield. Even his completed passes are off the mark and the wide receivers have to reach to get their hands on the ball.

Yes, it is JP Losman's fault, and his inability to perform even adequately on the field is dragging the entire team down with him.

Has our O-line been as good enough as it needs to be for a second year QB with 5 snaps under his belt?

Inexperience is no excuse. Our o-line has been good enough to protect a QB well enough to drop back, go through his progressions, set, and throw the ball to the open receiver without dicking around with happy feet and/or indecisiveness.

YardRat
10-02-2005, 09:39 PM

What makes you think that he will get better?
What makes you think that he won't?
Don't most young QB's with no experience stink it up?

....Ever hear of the school of hard knocks?
This TEAM was poised for a play-off run this year, with the only question mark being an unproven commodity at QB.

We sacrificed team success, not to mention development of the other young players on the squad such as Evans, McGahee, etc, for the 'development' of one player.

The rest of the team had already paid their dues by going to the school of hard knocks and were on the verge of turning the corner from a wannabe to a play-off contender. Is it fair to them to have to go back because of one player's inadequacies?

YardRat
10-02-2005, 09:40 PM
I agree...its not JP's fault... the reason Ben R. was successful in his first season was because Pitt ran the ball at will and teams had to respect that. For some reason Mularkey and Co. are being cheeky with the play calling and insisting on passing on first down and using too much missdirection when they should just continue pounding it. Willis should have had 25+ carries for 150 yards, when that happens JP will get more comfortable, and the Bills will win.
Willis had just short of 150 last week and they still got their asses handed to them by Atlanta. JP still sucked.

YardRat
10-02-2005, 09:43 PM

When taken on it's own, yes, it's pretty general.

Take it within the context it was meant, inclusive of the entire post, and it becomes more relevant.

Or is that the only part of the post you could understand?

jpdex12
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
This TEAM was poised for a play-off run this year, with the only question mark being an unproven commodity at QB.

We sacrificed team success, not to mention development of the other young players on the squad such as Evans, McGahee, etc, for the 'development' of one player.

The rest of the team had already paid their dues by going to the school of hard knocks and were on the verge of turning the corner from a wannabe to a play-off contender. Is it fair to them to have to go back because of one player's inadequacies?Guess what? We lost to a Pittsburgh team that played third stringers for a good portion of the game last year. DB lost enough games last year to make TD send him packing. Remember the Patriots game at home when he fumbled? Remember the Ravens game with like 4 picks? Remember the Pttsburgh game when he fumbled again? BIG TURNOVERS! DB could not get it done in the three years that he was with us. Do you understand that? The front office made the best decision possible. Even if we backed into the playoffs last year we would not have gone far. Yes it would have been wonderful to stop the playoff drought, but we did not have a super bowl caliber team. Isn't that what the whole objective is in the NFL? to win the big one and not just get to the playoffs? Why don't you ask Peyton Manning?

JP did not crown himself the starter. Why don't you start *****ing about the front office that made that decision?

YardRat
10-02-2005, 10:15 PM
Guess what? We lost to a Pittsburgh team that played third stringers for a good portion of the game last year. DB lost enough games last year to make TD send him packing. Remember the Patriots game at home when he fumbled? Remember the Ravens game with like 4 picks? Remember the Pttsburgh game when he fumbled again? BIG TURNOVERS! DB could not get it done in the three years that he was with us. Do you understand that? The front office made the best decision possible. Even if we backed into the playoffs last year we would not have gone far. Yes it would have been wonderful to stop the playoff drought, but we did not have a super bowl caliber team. Isn't that what the whole objective is in the NFL? to win the big one and not just get to the playoffs? Why don't you ask Peyton Manning?

JP did not crown himself the starter. Why don't you start *****ing about the front office that made that decision?
We are SO MUCH CLOSER to the Super Bowl now with JP at the helm, aren't we? Wasn't the general opinion that Bledsoe was expendable because he'd taken the team as far as they could go, and THE TEAM needed to step forward? And Losman had the talent to make that next step?

Does this season look like a step forward to you?

Does JP Losman look like an improvement over Drew Bledsoe?

Of course it's partially, or mostly, or even entirely the front office's fault for jettisoning Bledsoe and putting a play-off-caliber team in the hands of an unknown...who ever said it wasn't?

Maybe they should have listened to those of us who knew better to begin with :D

bills&sabresmvf
10-02-2005, 10:28 PM
Seriously, we yank JP because we had no chance of winning with him in. This isn't a team rebuilding and can take a year or two to get there, this teams is supposed to be THERE. We need to make the playoffs, JP will get plenty of chances this year when we establish a solid lead, then let him in there. Second, our defense sucks, how can during the most predicted play calling, fail so bad? With under 4 minutes remaining, they're gonna run every play, how can you not stuff the hole, that's where it's wear down and the other team doesn't care about putting up points. We're lucky we're only a game out of 1st in the East. Next week is division, I am a fan and will be there going nuts for a win. I guess I'm just wanting to vent, but there's my opinions.

bills&sabresmvf
10-02-2005, 10:34 PM
the Line is the main problem, Ross Verba is still out there for GOD SAKE, who cares, he's better than anyone on our line, especially since Williams is out.

pintonick96
10-02-2005, 11:18 PM
Football is a team sport, you win as a team, you lose as a team. Period.

JP is too hyper? That's easily fixable. You calm him down and make him cool before games. It'll take some time but it will happen.

The Bills offense will make plays. We need to stop throwing the ball so much and take the game out of JP's hands. He needs some confidence. You can't blame him solely, but I will admit he has been playing poorly. Don't expect it to happen all year. You guys see 3 bad games by a rookie QB and you think its his career. All Im seeing is "I don't see the skills it takes to be a winning QB in JP Losman." Are you a Quarterbacks Coach? No, then shut the **** up. If you saw what it takes to be QB in the NFL you'd be a coach. I dont see any coaches here (Minus Coach Sal C) so stop thinking you know what makes a good QB. See, I know what makes a good football player because I'm a football player. I know what Im talking about.