PDA

View Full Version : It's MIAMI WEEK!!!!!!

Dozerdog
10-02-2005, 08:59 PM
:jig::dance::jig::dance::jig::dance::jig::dance::jig::dance::jig::dance::jig::dance::jig:

These clowns always seem to help turn around a bad season.

We were 0-4 last year and had a big win!

Dolphins Suck!!!

SkapePhin
10-02-2005, 09:07 PM
Playing a Dave Wannestedt team will do that.. Playing a Nick Saban team, on the other hand, will not.

Dozerdog
10-02-2005, 09:17 PM
We will see!

Can Saban win on the road? You couldn't beat an impotent Jet squad

Demon
10-02-2005, 09:19 PM
We have no qb.......... talking trash is the last thing i'd be doing right now.

MDFINFAN
10-02-2005, 09:23 PM
:jig::dance::jig::dance::jig::dance::jig::dance::jig::dance::jig::dance::jig::dance::jig:

Dolphins Suck!!!

Last year is last year...but you do have the 12th man and a good D..so it will be interesting to see what Linehan and Smith come up with to battle you at home. btw, for those who don't know, linehan OC, and Smith DC.

hammerbillsfan
10-02-2005, 09:26 PM
It's Miami vs Buffalo.

Anything can happen. :squish:

OpIv37
10-02-2005, 09:26 PM
Last year is last year...but you do have the 12th man and a good D..so it will be interesting to see what Linehan and Smith come up with to battle you at home. btw, for those who don't know, linehan OC, and Smith DC.

oh yeah I'm sure they're really racking their brains. When the Dolphins are on D, pressure Losman and disguise coverages. When the Dolphins are on O, give the ball to Brown and Williams. That's it- you'll win.

I have never been less excited about playing the Dolphins. They're vastly improved and we look like garbage. This game has embarrassment written all over it.

Slim
10-02-2005, 09:32 PM
oh yeah I'm sure they're really racking their brains. When the Dolphins are on D, pressure Losman and disguise coverages. When the Dolphins are on O, give the ball to Brown and Williams. That's it- you'll win.

I have never been less excited about playing the Dolphins. They're vastly improved and we look like garbage. This game has embarrassment written all over it.

Op all your posts want to make me want to kill myself.

MDFINFAN
10-02-2005, 09:37 PM

Well you won't have to worry about Williams, he's not back until the next game at Tampa, Of course every team will pressure JP until he learns, ala, AJ last year...but your OL has to give him more time as well and then JP has to hit his receivers, today he didn't do it when he had time. He needs to calm down and let the game come to him, he seems to be pushing the game, make mistakes and then don't forget the mistakes. While I certainly would love an embrassing game in which we win, I just don't know, Miami hasn't been the best team after a bye. But I do hope our O especially continues to improve. Our D secondary has some work also. We're kind of like the pats, in that our front 7 has to win or set the tone for our D.

Mahdi
10-02-2005, 09:38 PM
This is not going to be an easy game at all for the Bills. The Phins shut down the run pretty well which means JP is going to have to make some plays. And on offense they can make plays in the running and passing game. This is going to be a much tougher game than the saints. It's all going to depend on play calling and how our D plays.

Ebenezer
10-02-2005, 09:39 PM
It's Miami vs Buffalo.

Anything can happen. :squish:

that's what I am afraid of...

Dozerdog
10-02-2005, 09:46 PM
Geesh- this was supposed to fire you guys up.

I'll hang out a the lobotomy ward with all the prozac patients and get a bigger reaction.

Dozerdog
10-02-2005, 09:53 PM
Remember pranks like this one! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=10385&highlight=bought+finheaven)

C'mon guys! Where is the old "school spirit"?

RedEyE
10-02-2005, 09:55 PM
They also had the extra week to prepare for the Bills. We're not even sure who's going to play QB at this point.

Dolfan984
10-02-2005, 09:58 PM

Dolphins Suck!!!

You're right, but we were beyond horrible last year..especially early in the season.

Still no road game in the East can really be accurately predicted.

Dozerdog
10-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Remember pranks like this one! (http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=10385&highlight=bought+finheaven)

If Finheaven had a classic thread HoF- this would have been in it! (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=9005)

I never laughed so hard, so long- my wife threw me out of bed because I kept giggling out loud.

OpIv37
10-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Op all your posts want to make me want to kill myself.

yeah I really should refrain from posting after a loss until I can sleep on it and calm down. But the point is that if we play like we did the last few weeks, I doubt we can beat anyone, especially not a division rival that's playing well and trying to prove that they've turned a corner after the worst season in their franchise history.

hammerbillsfan
10-02-2005, 10:02 PM
You're right, but we were beyond horrible last year..especially early in the season.

Still no road game in the East can really be accurately predicted.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250918020

OpIv37
10-02-2005, 10:03 PM
Well you won't have to worry about Williams, he's not back until the next game at Tampa, Of course every team will pressure JP until he learns, ala, AJ last year...but your OL has to give him more time as well and then JP has to hit his receivers, today he didn't do it when he had time. He needs to calm down and let the game come to him, he seems to be pushing the game, make mistakes and then don't forget the mistakes. While I certainly would love an embrassing game in which we win, I just don't know, Miami hasn't been the best team after a bye. But I do hope our O especially continues to improve. Our D secondary has some work also. We're kind of like the pats, in that our front 7 has to win or set the tone for our D.

Ah- that helps a little- for some reason I thought Sunday would be Williams' first game back (probably cuz I wasn't accounting for the bye week today). If your O wants to improve, playing our D is probably a good place to start. Losing P Williams and Spikes has really hurt.

MDFINFAN
10-02-2005, 10:24 PM
Ah- that helps a little- for some reason I thought Sunday would be Williams' first game back (probably cuz I wasn't accounting for the bye week today). If your O wants to improve, playing our D is probably a good place to start. Losing P Williams and Spikes has really hurt.

I made the comments in the off season that losing P. Williams was big, and everyone here kind of dismissed me...but I just don't feel about Adams, the way I did about Williams, he was a monster. Your D didn't play that bad today, again they were just on the field too long. At home I expect them to be even better, so we have a our hands full, especially since you will feel you need the game more than us.

Dolphinatic
10-02-2005, 10:26 PM
If Finheaven had a classic thread HoF- this would have been in it! (http://www.finheaven.com/boardvb2/showthread.php?t=9005)

I never laughed so hard, so long- my wife threw me out of bed because I kept giggling out loud.

I remember that... yeah, actually that was pretty funny.

It is kinda bleak though when Fin fans are chiming in here, trying to point out reasons your team might actually win.

TigerJ
10-02-2005, 11:19 PM
I think I'd rather the Bills played the Jets next week and Miami the following week. Miami will be coming off their bye, and the team has a lot of confidence right now. The Jets have lost their starting QB. If there's one team the Bills should be able to beat right now, it's the Jets. They could use a little confidence and positive momentum before they face the Dolphins.

MTBillsFan
10-03-2005, 12:40 AM
CRUSH those teal wearing, pot smokin, cry babies!!!
GO BILLS!! I almost hate the fish more than the patsies!!!

northernbillfan
10-03-2005, 12:41 AM
:squish:

sba
10-03-2005, 12:43 AM
I need to find someone else to drive to this game so I can get tanked and not remember the reaming Miami is going to give us.

JD
10-03-2005, 01:14 AM
When does parrish come back? :nervous:

JD
10-03-2005, 01:16 AM
I remember that... yeah, actually that was pretty funny.

It is kinda bleak though when Fin fans are chiming in here, trying to point out reasons your team might actually win.
What was the ad about?

Meathead
10-03-2005, 01:25 AM
I'll probably get more pumped at the week goes on, but right now all I can muster is a woo hoo.

Dolfan984
10-03-2005, 01:31 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=250918020

I see 2-1 and 1-3. You beat a winless team. We lost to a division opponent on the road.

Losman is going to have to get rid of the ball quickly vs Miami.

Dolphinatic
10-03-2005, 01:41 AM
What was the ad about?
You can see it in one of Dozerdog's links earlier in the thread. Mock ad for a fish fry or something, with Bledsoe (?) in it. Pretty well done, but it got up some people's noses that we had to look at it for weeks on FinHeaven. Didn't bother me though - it showed some style and humor, and it did help support the site.

bacardi
10-03-2005, 03:16 AM
CRUSH those teal wearing, pot smokin, cry babies!!!
GO BILLS!! I almost hate the fish more than the patsies!!!
i think that your fans think maimi will win more than we do, i predict we are gonna win, but that still dosn't count you guys out, if i were a bills fan ('scuse me while i puke) i would be confident, your due for a breakout game

Historian
10-03-2005, 04:17 AM

Thanks for the "Germans bomb Pearl Harbor" type pep talk, but if this team can't beat the aints, they aren't going to beat anybody, save for maybe the Jets who have qb problems too.

The_Philster
10-03-2005, 05:11 AM
:squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish:

:squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish::squish:

OpIv37
10-03-2005, 08:06 AM
I made the comments in the off season that losing P. Williams was big, and everyone here kind of dismissed me...

same here- I said Edwards wouldn't be able to pick up where Williams left off, but no one took it seriously. But I have to admit that I never thought losing Williams would hurt this bad- I figured we'd still hold most teams to under 100 yards, I didn't figure that we'd be dead last in the league. Sam Adams is a beast- he gets in the backfield so fast to disrupt plays, but he has not been playing well this year. I think it's because opposing offenses don't respect Edwards so they are doubling up on Sam and running the opposite way.

fushetti
10-03-2005, 08:23 AM
Does Miami week even matter anymore? It was 25 years ago since the 0 for the 70's. Both teams blow the big one and Marino and Kelly aren't duking it out for the division anymore. I'm more hyped about New England week. Am I totally off base here?

OpIv37
10-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Does Miami week even matter anymore? It was 25 years ago since the 0 for the 70's. Both teams blow the big one and Marino and Kelly aren't duking it out for the division anymore. I'm more hyped about New England week. Am I totally off base here?

I hear ya- Miami's our rival now only because they've always been our rivals. Back in the early to mid 90's, the division crown was pretty much always between us and them (we won it more times than not), so it was much more interesting. Now both teams suck. I want to see the Pats go down too so I would get more pumped for that, except for the fact that we're not even close to being on par with that team so we always get killed.

Static
10-03-2005, 08:32 AM
I hear ya- Miami's our rival now only because they've always been our rivals. Back in the early to mid 90's, the division crown was pretty much always between us and them (we won it more times than not), so it was much more interesting. Now both teams suck. I want to see the Pats go down too so I would get more pumped for that, except for the fact that we're not even close to being on par with that team so we always get killed.

The way the year is going it possibly could be us fighting it out for the division.....

The_Philster
10-03-2005, 03:17 PM
same here- I said Edwards wouldn't be able to pick up where Williams left off, but no one took it seriously. I wouldn't say no one....I made a few posts in agreement but wasn't nearly as loud about it. I figure if people don't get the message the first few times you say something, they never will.

im4bflo
10-03-2005, 03:20 PM

What a QUITTER attitude, is there any cheese with that WHINE? sheesh...

im4bflo
10-03-2005, 03:28 PM
i think that your fans think maimi will win more than we do, i predict we are gonna win, but that still dosn't count you guys out, if i were a bills fan ('scuse me while i puke) i would be confident, your due for a breakout game
Even this porpuss has more confidence in us that half you guys, WHATSUP?!!!
It's FISH! Ya know... "SQUISH the FISH!"
I've got to hope our team doesn't feel like you negative fans :pray:

Typ0
10-03-2005, 03:30 PM
I don't know what's going to happen. On our first drive yesterday I thought, hey that's what we need to see. I remember willis running for 20+ on first down and he had four good carries. I think he touched the ball the same amount of times for the rest of the half and never carried again on first down. Honestly at this point I think we would be better off if I took over the offense and we just ran the QB option on every play. I just don't see how we are going to beat Miami unless our gameplan doesn't suck...which it sure has seemed to suck.

Dozerdog
10-03-2005, 03:33 PM
What was the ad about?
This ad.............

http://www.finheaven.com/images/fishfry.gif

Finheaven was selling ad space on their front page. I Think i bought a month for something like $20. AJ gave me the specs on the size, and JJammezz did the rest. :roflmao:

There must have been a hundred screaming fish fans wondering if we hacked their site, pissed at the site owners, ect...ect....

Us winning the game and sweeping the series made it even funnier.

BILL$ B@$HER
10-03-2005, 03:36 PM
We will see!

Can Saban win on the road? You couldn't beat an impotent Jet squad
hermie always finds away to beat us, the bills havent always been as fortune, and dont say "well we sweeped you last year". this is now and we are better.

MDFINFAN
10-03-2005, 03:42 PM
hermie always finds away to beat us, the bills havent always been as fortune, and dont say "well we sweeped you last year". this is now and we are better.

I hope we are, because there's going to be a lot of sad faces if we lose after all the s**t talking.

Meathead
10-03-2005, 03:43 PM
There must have been a hundred screaming fish fans wondering if we hacked their site, pissed at the site owners, ect...ect....

Us winning the game and sweeping the series made it even funnier.
Plus wasn't it agreed to beforehand that which ever team won got to post their ad on the other team's site?

Sounds like a great way to celebrate the rivalry. People who would get so upset about that really should take a look at themselves.

Dozerdog
10-03-2005, 03:54 PM
Plus wasn't it agreed to beforehand that which ever team won got to post their ad on the other team's site?

Sounds like a great way to celebrate the rivalry. People who would get so upset about that really should take a look at themselves.Nope- it was a one way joke. $20- and we bought the ad. I caught them in a moment of financial weakness...:lol: ( I think the lay man's term is GREED) . No risk of humiliation to us. Now this was before we created a web ring with buttons on each other's sites, mind you.

Dolphinatic
10-03-2005, 04:22 PM
People who would get so upset about that really should take a look at themselves.
I don't recall people on FH being really upset. It was more of a "WTF?" situation. No big deal really.

OpIv37
10-03-2005, 05:26 PM
What a QUITTER attitude, is there any cheese with that WHINE? sheesh...

I don't know what football games you've been watching on Sunday afternoon, but I've been watching the Bills struggle to get 70 yards passing on offense and be completely ineffective on defense. You can get caught up in the hype all you want- I'll let the facts speak for themselves. Unless we learn to play run D and Losman learns how to make reads and put a touch on the ball in the next 6 days, Sunday will be ugly.

dominizzo
10-03-2005, 05:30 PM

Dolphins Suck!!!
Last year you had a QB, good defense & ST, a fat slob to clog the middle and a better oline.....this year you have none of that...oh and by the way you barely beat us both times. One thing I can safely say is you will be 1-4 again after this sunday, but no big win against the fish to speak for this time:sorry:

DolfanTom
10-04-2005, 09:02 AM

Dolphins Suck!!!
Now THAT's the trash talkn' I expected - not the "Holy Crap, the Bills are going to move from Buffalo, golly Gee" post I saw yesterday.

Hey, don't forget, we're not 0-5 this time around, and Jay Feebler isn't our QB anymore. I expect a much different result than last year!

BleedinGreenNC
10-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Last year you had a QB, good defense & ST, a fat slob to clog the middle and a better oline.....this year you have none of that...oh and by the way you barely beat us both times. One thing I can safely say is you will be 1-4 again after this sunday, but no big win against the fish to speak for this time:sorry:You guys caught Denver off guard, and then you barely beat a Carolina team that has a suspect offense. When it comes down to it, the division games that the AFC East teams play are gut wrenching and wear the players down big time.Don't get too cocky, we are 1-3 and we still managed to beat you, i see the Bills taking all their aggression out on the fins and winning 21-7

justasportsfan
10-04-2005, 09:24 AM
Last year is last year... Coming from someone who said last year that," we made playoffs without RW, we can without him". :D.

DolfanTom
10-04-2005, 09:38 AM
You guys caught Denver off guard, and then you barely beat a Carolina team that has a suspect offense. When it comes down to it, the division games that the AFC East teams play are gut wrenching and wear the players down big time.Don't get too cocky, we are 1-3 and we still managed to beat you, i see the Bills taking all their aggression out on the fins and winning 21-7
And you expect to do this against a defense that is stifling against the run, and has been putting a ton of pressure on the QB ... with your QB? Huh? What? Really??

:lol: :laugh: :lmao:

Caught Denver off guard?? You're saying, that in the second half when we turned it up against them, they were surprised? After playing 30 minutes of football? Carolina's offense is suspect? WTF!!!! You are in for a hurtin' this weekend!

Dolphinatic
10-04-2005, 10:39 AM
You guys caught Denver off guard, and then you barely beat a Carolina team that has a suspect offense ... i see the Bills taking all their aggression out on the fins and winning 21-7
So it's "off guard" now, huh? Three weeks ago it was usually explained as Denver being "overrated," but I guess winning three straight over San Diego, KC and Jacksonville (not a losing record among them) has changed that tune.

Carolina's offense isn't stellar but they're scoring 26/game (6th in the league). The loss in Miami wasn't due to a lack of offense - Steve Smith had a field day. Carolina didn't give it away; Miami made the play it needed with the game on the line. That's how you win close ones, and when you do, it's deserved.

"The Bills taking all their aggression out" would be great. Miami used to be that kind of team - simple, predictable gameplan, with a dopey coach who thinks it's all about "who wants it more." This year, you have Herm Edwards trying the same thing - except he likes to describe it as being a "blue collar team." Good luck.

It's possible the Bills will score 21, but they're averaging 12 and I think 10-17 is more like it. It's possible Miami will score 7, but they're averaging 23 and I think 13-24 is more like it.

BleedinGreenNC
10-04-2005, 10:48 AM
So it's "off guard" now, huh? Three weeks ago it was usually explained as Denver being "overrated," but I guess winning three straight over San Diego, KC and Jacksonville (not a losing record among them) has changed that tune.

Carolina's offense isn't stellar but they're scoring 26/game (6th in the league). The loss in Miami wasn't due to a lack of offense - Steve Smith had a field day. Carolina didn't give it away; Miami made the play it needed with the game on the line. That's how you win close ones, and when you do, it's deserved.

"The Bills taking all their aggression out" would be great. Miami used to be that kind of team - simple, predictable gameplan, with a dopey coach who thinks it's all about "who wants it more." This year, you have Herm Edwards trying the same thing - except he likes to describe it as being a "blue collar team." Good luck.

It's possible the Bills will score 21, but they're averaging 12 and I think 10-17 is more like it. It's possible Miami will score 7, but they're averaging 23 and I think 13-24 is more like it.Herm is a tool, im not sure if you guys will be able to contain Willis, he is going to have a breakout game against your front line.

Touborg
10-04-2005, 10:52 AM
Our only defensive weakness is the passing game, and you don't exactly have Dan Marino standing there. You can run all you want, but our run D is one of the best in the league, and when JP drops back to pass he's going to be running from JT.

Your own run D on the other hand is horrible, while our run is looking better and better (we have the best running stats in the league on the right side).

Division games are really hard to predict, but I honestly think you're going to lose next week. We simply have better players and coaches at the moment.

NJFINSFAN1
10-04-2005, 11:02 AM
Herm is a tool, im not sure if you guys will be able to contain Willis, he is going to have a breakout game against your front line.
Maybe, but we shut down, Anderson, Martin and Davis, and they are not chop liver.

BleedinGreenNC
10-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Maybe, but we shut down, Anderson, Martin and Davis, and they are not chop liver.Anderson( never will be) Martin( Age caught up with him) Davis(not an elite back anymore) As of right now, i have to say that Willis is a better back than the three of those backs.

DolfanTom
10-04-2005, 11:07 AM
Herm is a tool, im not sure if you guys will be able to contain Willis, he is going to have a breakout game against your front line.
Willis is the man (I love da U), but it's tough to run when we'll be stacking the box and blitzing every other play, if not more often. Until further notice, your passing game is MIA. Until it returns as a significant threat, it'll be tough for you to run on virtually any D.

This is what happened in '03 w/ Ricky. We had no passing game, so teams put 8 in the box to limit Ricky. Saban is no idiot - he'll have our D ready for Willis. Last year, this ain't!!

Dolphinatic
10-04-2005, 11:12 AM
im not sure if you guys will be able to contain Willis, he is going to have a breakout game against your front line.
WM has had two 100-plus-yard games, that's true. In Tampa he had 34, but hey, that's the league's top-rated run defense. Compared to that, Miami's will be a cakewalk - we're rated all the way down at third.

Anything's possible, but I don't see why you would think WM is due for a big game, other than hoping to see it.

BleedinGreenNC
10-04-2005, 11:42 AM
WM has had two 100-plus-yard games, that's true. In Tampa he had 34, but hey, that's the league's top-rated run defense. Compared to that, Miami's will be a cakewalk - we're rated all the way down at third.

Anything's possible, but I don't see why you would think WM is due for a big game, other than hoping to see it.We are talking about an AFC East game, i expect him to break the century mark. And tell me how well your #2 pick, you know, the backup to Cadillac in college, is going to do this week?

Dolphinatic
10-04-2005, 12:14 PM
We are talking about an AFC East game, i expect him to break the century mark. And tell me how well your #2 pick, you know, the backup to Cadillac in college, is going to do this week?
Well, I don't know. I was hoping you could tell me.

But let's see, he had 132 against Carolina, which is ranked 6th against the run. Then again, Buffalo has been defending the run nearly as well, ranked 31st.

So I dunno... I'll say less than 100, but 20 more than Willis.

And they both get more than Cadillac, who might not even play this week. I hear that one of the pre-draft reservations on him was how he'd hold up physically in the NFL. Gee...

Since players not involved in this game seem to be relevant, how's Curtis doing? Picking Vinny's brain about nice places to retire?

WCoastFin
10-04-2005, 12:32 PM

Dolphins Suck!!!

last year we were a 4-12 team...this year we're not. :blamelog:

BleedinGreenNC
10-04-2005, 12:44 PM
last year we were a 4-12 team...this year we're not. :blamelog:You guys sure have the season locked down already, don't ya!