PDA

View Full Version : Did you envision our defense being last against the run???

elltrain22
10-02-2005, 09:12 PM
Our defense sucks this year. So many things piss me off. First, we suck against the run. Our tackling is bad, and our dee line always gets pushed around out there which opens up big holes for rb's. Second, our pass rush is only there about 30% of the time, and when it is, Kelsay & Schobel are the only guys who can ever get to the QB. BTW, has Ron Edwards done anything positive this year??? Third, our lb's have been bad at disengaging from blocks when called to blitz, and have done a piss poor job covering tight ends & dispelling QB runs, especially on 3rd downs. Fourth, our pass coverage has gotten dramatically worse. Vincent & especially Milloy haven't been on the same page w/ crossing routes, especially over the middle, and are biting everytime on play action. Not to mention, we haven't even been close to getting any picks, and its seems to me the only time our db's stop the pass is on qb over/under throws or drop balls by wr's.

I know I am being overly critical, but we can do so much better than this. The loss of Pat Williams & TKO shouldn't make us as weak as we have been.

MDFINFAN
10-02-2005, 09:31 PM
Our defense sucks this year. So many things piss me off. First, we suck against the run. Our tackling is bad, and our dee line always gets pushed around out there which opens up big holes for rb's. Second, our pass rush is only there about 30% of the time, and when it is, Kelsay & Schobel are the only guys who can ever get to the QB. BTW, has Ron Edwards done anything positive this year??? Third, our lb's have been bad at disengaging from blocks when called to blitz, and have done a piss poor job covering tight ends & dispelling QB runs, especially on 3rd downs. Fourth, our pass coverage has gotten dramatically worse. Vincent & especially Milloy haven't been on the same page w/ crossing routes, especially over the middle, and are biting everytime on play action. Not to mention, we haven't even been close to getting any picks, and its seems to me the only time our db's stop the pass is on qb over/under throws or drop balls by wr's.

I know I am being overly critical, but we can do so much better than this. The loss of Pat Williams & TKO shouldn't make us as weak as we have been.

No your D doesn't, they're just on the field too long..they are human and get worn down, but if your O were able to keep them fresh, you wouldn't be posting this.

Stewie
10-02-2005, 09:34 PM
Exactly.

We need a 65% qb.

Who doesn't?

OpIv37
10-02-2005, 09:34 PM
The O is only part of the problem- the D isn't getting the same kind of pressure they were last year, even early in the game before they get tired.

Honestly, I figured losing Williams would hurt our run D, but not this bad. I thought it would prevent us from having the kind of shut-down games like we did against Cleveland and Seattle last year, but figured we'd still keep most teams well under 100 yards rushing. I was wrong.