PDA

View Full Version : Is the team demoralized?

OpIv37
10-02-2005, 09:30 PM
ever since the start of the Tampa Bay game, the team seems to have lost it's swagger. They don't play with confidence, they don't get excited about big plays or mad about negative plays. They just don't seem to be up for the games. At first I thought it may have just been due to the heat- as someone who grew up in Rochester then moved to the much more humid DC area, I can attest to the difficulty of the adjustment.

But they still seem flat- ALL the time. The Falcons game was in Buffalo and the Saints game was in a dome, so heat wasn't a factor. This was their game to get back on track. On paper we're a better team than NO, but the way we took the field made it look like just the opposite.

This team seems to have no confidence or desire to win- they look like last year's Dolphins.

Ebenezer
10-02-2005, 09:38 PM
yes.

ScottLawrence
10-02-2005, 09:41 PM
Ever since Cadillac busted through our defense, it hasn't been the same.

They are demoralized.

GOBILLSGO!!!
10-02-2005, 09:42 PM
you'd be demoralized too if your bluff was called

Kerr
10-02-2005, 09:46 PM
It was important for our O-line to play a great game because NO has a very talented D-line consisting of Will Smith, Darren Howard and Charles Grant, as you can attest.

Mitchy moo
10-02-2005, 09:50 PM
Ever since Cadillac busted through our defense, it hasn't been the same.

They are demoralized.We're gonna park that cadillac, hall of fame defense. They need to leave the ego's at the door and get to work.

clumping platelets
10-03-2005, 03:18 AM
I'm demoralized as well

I'm disappointed as well

I'm disgusted as well

It's time the arrogance of Tom Donahoe is shown the door :bigwave:

Historian
10-03-2005, 04:30 AM

Every freakin draft puts us back another two years as he fails to address our O line.

Every draft day, posters here are circle jerking over wide receiver picks, and I just shudder.

Those chickens have come home to roost.

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 07:43 AM

:jawdrop:

You just want the capologist position...(just remember me when you need an assistant).

LtBillsFan66
10-03-2005, 07:58 AM
They look it. Maybe it was because I had high expectations, but I haven't been this down on the team in years. Even in the 3-13 days...

Jan Reimers
10-03-2005, 08:01 AM
I don't think we're demoralized. We just suck.

mysticsoto
10-03-2005, 08:12 AM
Every freakin draft puts us back another two years as he fails to address our O line.

Every draft day, posters here are circle jerking over wide receiver picks, and I just shudder.

Those chickens have come home to roost.

We were in a terrible position last year in our draft. Not having a 1st rd pick threw off our draft completely. At times, you can still get back in if you get lucky and people fall to you. But the draft prospects for the Oline that were left when our picks would come were not good. Look at the prospects taken - have you heard anything great about how they are doing? Olinemen typically have problems starting when they 1st come into the pros. It is why I'd probably prefer to turn to FA and get someone with some experience. There is no way I'd want to get a 1st round O-linemen. From what I've seen, they don't pan out often and earn the money they'd be making...

Historian
10-03-2005, 08:21 AM
Why is everyone so hung up on the first round pick?

My point is...we don't take any until we get to the 5th and 6th, where they're all projects that don't pan out.

2001-Jennings 3B
-Sullivan 5
2002-Williams 1
-Pucillo 7
2003-Sobieski-5
2004-McFarland-7
2005-Preston-4
-Geisinger-6

This is not how you build a football team. Keep waiting for FA linemen, and you end up with a team full of Teagues, because the other 31 GMs are smart enough to know you build a team from the inside outwards.

clumping platelets
10-03-2005, 08:21 AM
I don't think we're demoralized. We just suck.

Straight to the point :D

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 08:25 AM
Why is everyone so hung up on the first round pick?

My point is...we don't take any until we get to the 5th and 6th, where they're all projects that don't pan out.

2001-Jennings 3B
-Sullivan 5
2002-Williams 1
-Pucillo 7
2003-Sobieski-5
2004-McFarland-7
2005-Preston-4
-Geisinger-6

This is not how you build a football team. Keep waiting for FA linemen, and you end up with a team full of Teagues, because the other 31 GMs are smart enough to know you build a team from the inside outwards.
even more than that...the problem dates back to 1996...doesn't anybody read the front page??

13 picks on Olinemen in 11 drafts...two guys on day 1, no all-pros, lots of projects, 3 who never played a down in the NFL...

in that same time frame the Bills have drafted 13 WR and 7 TE. That's just not right. Guys in the 5th-8th seasons should be leading this offensive line right now...Mike Williams is the only starter that the Bills drafted...however, all 6 WR and 3 of the 4 TEs were drafted by the Bills...again, that's just not right.

vicmantak
10-03-2005, 08:39 AM
We are not demoralized. We might digest that Bills are simply the tomorrow team...

let J.P's develop (experiment)...

let Mike Williams be the best RT in Bills history...

let Mike Mularkey and Tom Clements develop this offense...

let Tom Donahoe gamble again again and again...