PDA

View Full Version : "you can't always get what you wa-a-nt"

ghz in pittsburgh
10-02-2005, 09:39 PM
I want to the Stones concert in PNC park last week, and that's one of my favorite song from the Rolling Stones. Mick sang it and it echoed in my head during the Bills game this afternoon.

Mike Mularkay looked at what Roethlisberger did last year using mostly "his offense". So he thought that he could get the same out of Losman this year. 4 games in and it looks like he didn't get what he wanted.

He didn't get the wins he hoped, not even the minimum which I'd believe to be 2-2 record. That's the biggie.

Losman proved to be far, far away from Roethlisberger's league. The fact that he has been benched twice so far shows me just how frustrated MM & Co. must be.

Kelly Holcomb, demonstrated in his time in Cleveland as a spark plug in a reliever role, was counted on to be more than a safety net. So far he did nothing for MM. Hey Mike, did you ever think that it's new offense for him, too?

The defense that is supposed to be rock foundation of this whole thing, showed a lot of cracks sometime downright rotten.

The best unit is the special team. So far they recovered one punt fumble, not as a big play machine as they were last year.

Believe me the Saints ain't going anywhere. They are obviously a cut below the Bucs and Falcons. To see the Bills stumbling away this game is disheartening. To see Losman not getting a chance to play catch-from-behind is maddening to me. What do you want to accomplish Mike? You insisted on Losman playing like any regular veteran QB in NFL such as throwing from his own endzone all the time, but you don't give him the lesson to play the arguably most important part of the game.

Forget about winning and developing Losman at the same time. It takes a special person. There were Marino and Roethlisberger. Losman does not belong to that list. So either play him to see whether he has a future in NFL or play Holcomb trying to win now.

Mitchy moo
10-02-2005, 09:42 PM
I want to the Stones concert in PNC park last week, and that's one of my favorite song from the Rolling Stones. Mick sang it and it echoed in my head during the Bills game this afternoon.

Mike Mularkay looked at what Roethlisberger did last year using mostly "his offense". So he thought that he could get the same out of Losman this year. 4 games in and it looks like he didn't get what he wanted.

He didn't get the wins he hoped, not even the minimum which I'd believe to be 2-2 record. That's the biggie.

Losman proved to be far, far away from Roethlisberger's league. The fact that he has been benched twice so far shows me just how frustrated MM & Co. must be.

Kelly Holcomb, demonstrated in his time in Cleveland as a spark plug in a reliever role, was counted on to be more than a safety net. So far he did nothing for MM. Hey Mike, did you ever think that it's new offense for him, too?

The defense that is supposed to be rock foundation of this whole thing, showed a lot of cracks sometime downright rotten.

The best unit is the special team. So far they recovered one punt fumble, not as a big play machine as they were last year.

Believe me the Saints ain't going anywhere. They are obviously a cut below the Bucs and Falcons. To see the Bills stumbling away this game is disheartening. To see Losman not getting a chance to play catch-from-behind is maddening to me. What do you want to accomplish Mike? You insisted on Losman playing like any regular veteran QB in NFL such as throwing from his own endzone all the time, but you don't give him the lesson to play the arguably most important part of the game.

Forget about winning and developing Losman at the same time. It takes a special person. There were Marino and Roethlisberger. Losman does not belong to that list. So either play him to see whether he has a future in NFL or play Holcomb trying to win now.
Or go out and find another QB from another team. Trade Moulds for a great QB.