PDA

View Full Version : How to help Losman's game?

Kerr
10-02-2005, 11:26 PM
It is said that Losman's accuracy is better when he throws on the run. Isn't the same said about Mike Vick? I know that Losman is no Mike Vick, but shouldn't more running plays be called for Losman to make plays on his feet? Losman is has to be one of the fastest qb's in the league. In Atlanta's offense, they let Vick do his thing. Maybe they should just let Losman do his thing as well. From everything i've read when he was at tulane, he used to make a lot of plays on his feet.

Is it possible Losman can play a slash type of role on the offense? Maybe this might put Losman at a higher risk for injury, but I remember those days when Kordell Stewart actually looked decent in Mularkey's offense at Pittsburgh. Mularkey had a qb that could run and he played to his offenses' strength. Granted, Mularkey is not an offensive coordinator anymore, but at 1-3, why shouldn't he consider going back in time and bringing back some elements into the offense. We have the running game to go with it also.

Mularkey and Co. have to play to the strength of players on this offense. Before the season started, all the talk was that the O-line wasn't going to be that strong and that the offense was going to use a lot of roll outs,etc. to help Losman progress. I have yet to see anything that Mularkey and Co. told us we would see. All I see is a conservative approach to the offense that's not working out.

It's Miami week already, and we in desperate need of a win at home. Mularkey and Co. have to prepare for this game like it's a playoff game. He needs to come in with some surprises and show Miami something they haven't seen before or expected. Maybe put Losman at WR as a decoy, put him in the backfield, whatever. They'd believe it because they know Losman can run. Just bring something new and unpredictable to the offense.

MTBillsFan
10-03-2005, 12:22 AM
3 step drops, slant routes! TE routes