PDA

View Full Version : Well, god bless Mularkey, the man has a brain!!!

X-Era
10-03-2005, 06:54 AM
Thank god.

Not that it should be that tough of a decision. It was made in the offseason afterall. Something about 2 fumbles, deflected pass, and a false start by Holcomb that may finally tell him he aint getting that "spark".

So here we are, its Miami week, we have all the reason in the world to regroup. This team should leave the tunnel fired up, were at home, its an HUGE game from the standings standpoint and if we had any hope to run into the playoffs.

There is NO tangible benefit from starting Holcomb and thank god Mularkey realizes that. This is THE game that we turn it around.

Nothing would mean more than to have our young starting QB, come out and show to himself, the team, and the world that he is gonna play VERY VERY tough against his hated division rivals. It would be HUGE. One of the biggest reasons Drew meay not be with us anymore is because he couldnt beat NE. We have to have a QB that can play well against our division. Will it be JP? thank god we will get a chance to find out.

Also, JP gets NOTHING from sitting the bench. Holcomb is NOT our future or even our present, why the hell not play our young QB and find out what we got. Ohh and by the way, help him out with playcalling , run the damn ball, and catch the damn ball.

I said that this week was gonna be THE week to tell me what type of coach Mularkey is gonna be, whether he has the mental toughness and guts to stick with his young gun and force him and the team to play together regardless of the record. It sounds like he did the right thing. It sounds like he is willing to withstand the immense pressure and form the corp of this team by forcing them to come together. This is HUGE for our future.

Mularkey won this challenge by the sounds of it, and the Bills will reap the rewards. It may not be next week, it may not be this season, but we WILL reap the rewards of forcing our young and old talents to play together asa team that can count on each other, supports each other, and wins and loses together.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2005, 07:06 AM
That's great for Mularkey to say, but if he keeps yanking JP for Holcomb, it will pretty much destroy JP's confidence. He'll be continually looking over his shoulder, afraid to make a mistake, and watching for Holcomb to put his helmet on.

Mularkey needs to make a commitment, and STICK WITH IT.

Meathead
10-03-2005, 07:15 AM
JP should be looking over his shoulder because of the way he's playing.

What if he just sucks? We won't know for another two years (ie. Brees) but what if he just sucks?

Mediocre play from the QB is all this team needs to be playoff competitive. JP certainly hasn't been mediocre for 3 of his 4 games. How long do you make the rest of this good team sit around and wait?

Iehoshua
10-03-2005, 07:18 AM
That's great for Mularkey to say, but if he keeps yanking JP for Holcomb, it will pretty much destroy JP's confidence. He'll be continually looking over his shoulder, afraid to make a mistake, and watching for Holcomb to put his helmet on.

Mularkey needs to make a commitment, and STICK WITH IT.
Amen.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2005, 07:19 AM

What if he just sucks? We won't know for another two years (ie. Brees) but what if he just sucks?

Mediocre play from the QB is all this team needs to be playoff competitive. JP certainly hasn't been mediocre for 3 of his 4 games. How long do you make the rest of this good team sit around and wait?
Have you noticed that the O line and the D are mediocre, too? We need a lot more than mediority at QB to turn this team around.

Johnny Unitas reincarnated wouldn't help.

TedMock
10-03-2005, 07:24 AM
This is a good topic. I guarantee that there will be people who actually watched the game, and yet will still say how bad JP is. JP is going to struggle all year, but we all knew that, we all expected that. What we also expect is improvement. However, there's a little thing called the offensive line that isn't really helping him....at all. We were all concerned about Gandy, well Gandy isn't the problem. It's the interior line that's the problem. I don't know if it was TT, BA, or CV, but pressure was coming up the gut all day. At one point Moose Johson pointed out that Losman had 12 attempts. He was hurried 6 times, knocked down 4 times, and sacked 1 time. So, out of 12 possible trys, he was able to actually step up and throw once. A young player cannot develop in that situation. Any mistakes he makes are only magnified by the piss-poor pass blocking. What about that great veteran go-to guy, Eric Moulds? He should help Losman mature. Unfortunately, Moulds totally gave up on a deep route, and the ball was picked off. Yes, the ball was overthrown, but had Moulds not STOPPED running, he may have made a play on it. He may, at worst, have broken up the interception. How about a very catchable ball on the short out by the sideline? Moulds didn't even lift a hand up to attempt to pull it in. It was less than an arms-length away. How about a block in the back, away from the play, after a very nice McGahee run? How about spitting on the opposing teams safety at halftime just because he's getting *****ed? Classless move. Classless to talk a bunch of crap all week about not getting the ball, then giving a 50% effort. Dump him for an overpriced center for all I care.

HARVEYJ001
10-03-2005, 07:32 AM
His stats may not look good at 7 of 15, but FOUR drops certainly hurt. You want to give him confidence, keep the O on the field so our D can rest and score some points? Catch the damn ball!!! It was so frustrating to watch the drops, the receivers have told told JP, just throw the ball and let us make a play, well they haven't consistantly done that when they have the chance, help the young QB catching the ball, kind of a simple concept but it has not been figured out by our receiving corps!

colin
10-03-2005, 07:37 AM
well,

jp is terrible, and more or less has to just snap into being an NFL QB to play well enough to start. I disagree with this decision, he shouldn't be starting, or even the back up on this team.

but if we are going to start JP, he should run almost 1 for every 3 pass attempts (I mean he himself, so JP passes 21 times- he runs 7 times) and we should run willis a minimum of 25 times a game and shaud as well.

we should be running about 2 to one overall vs pass.

JP is looking more and more like a total bust tho.

Tinboy
10-03-2005, 08:37 AM
We should use WMG more! That will take pressure of JP and he will able to make better throws and for god's sake start using the TE in the passing game!

TedMock
10-03-2005, 08:40 AM
We should use WMG more! That will take pressure of JP and he will able to make better throws and for god's sake start using the TE in the passing game!

I agree with both points. 14 carries is ridiculous.

LtBillsFan66
10-03-2005, 08:45 AM
He has to spread the ball around more. Notice the big passed yesterday were to Evans and Reed. He's got to get his lock off Moulds.

Tatonka
10-03-2005, 08:57 AM
This is a good topic. I guarantee that there will be people who actually watched the game, and yet will still say how bad JP is. JP is going to struggle all year, but we all knew that, we all expected that. What we also expect is improvement. However, there's a little thing called the offensive line that isn't really helping him....at all. We were all concerned about Gandy, well Gandy isn't the problem. It's the interior line that's the problem. I don't know if it was TT, BA, or CV, but pressure was coming up the gut all day. At one point Moose Johson pointed out that Losman had 12 attempts. He was hurried 6 times, knocked down 4 times, and sacked 1 time. So, out of 12 possible trys, he was able to actually step up and throw once. A young player cannot develop in that situation. Any mistakes he makes are only magnified by the piss-poor pass blocking. What about that great veteran go-to guy, Eric Moulds? He should help Losman mature. Unfortunately, Moulds totally gave up on a deep route, and the ball was picked off. Yes, the ball was overthrown, but had Moulds not STOPPED running, he may have made a play on it. He may, at worst, have broken up the interception. How about a very catchable ball on the short out by the sideline? Moulds didn't even lift a hand up to attempt to pull it in. It was less than an arms-length away. How about a block in the back, away from the play, after a very nice McGahee run? How about spitting on the opposing teams safety at halftime just because he's getting *****ed? Classless move. Classless to talk a bunch of crap all week about not getting the ball, then giving a 50% effort. Dump him for an overpriced center for all I care.

best post i have read in weeks.

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:00 AM
Excellent post! :bf1:

I couldn't agree more. :posrep:

jonah7777
10-03-2005, 09:06 AM

playoff competitive????????????? what bills team are you watching?

not this one. they suck on every level

X-Era
10-03-2005, 08:29 PM
amen buddy!!!

ScottLawrence
10-03-2005, 09:40 PM
If hes our guy stop pulling him every damn game.

Mahdi
10-04-2005, 12:15 AM
IMO there are three factors contributing to JP's poor play:

1) Poor playcalling, the Bills were supposed to be a run first team and a ball control offense, instead we are passing on first down and getting into 3rd and long. When we committ to the run, so will opposing defenses.

2) Pass Blocking- Jp needs to be able to step up in the pocket with confidence and he hasnt been able to do that yet.

3) TE play- right now without Euhus and Everett we have only Campbell who just came off a serious knee injury and who was slow to begin with. A good TE is usually a young QB's best friend since their routes are usually easy throws, not to mention they are just big targets. IMO, when Euhus, Parrish, and Everett return, JP wil show significant improvement. Until then, RUN THE BALL and play action off it when necessary.

Tinboy
10-04-2005, 12:39 AM
Yeah look at Shockey and Eli Manning. Shockey has 17 catches for 251 yds and 2 TD. Now that's the way to use a TE, granted neither Campbell or Euhus have the stuff that Shockeys got, but you get the picture.