PDA

View Full Version : Here's crazy idea!

Tinboy
10-03-2005, 08:27 AM
First of all, I like JP and hope that he will pull through and be a good QB but if that doesn't happen here's a scenario to discuss:

Texans will finished last and get the first round pick, they kick out Carr and go for Leinart. (not very like but..) Should we then go for Carr? remember that this not a scenario that I would not like but it is a possiblity.

Carr is a good QB with a horrible O-line.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2005, 08:31 AM
Let's put a quality O line in front of JP instead. I think he has better physical tools and more potential than Carr.

OpIv37
10-03-2005, 08:35 AM
Carr sucks- I'd rather stick with JP

TedMock
10-03-2005, 08:36 AM
Couldn't that very well put us in the same situation we're already in? Losman may prove to be terrible, but as of now, a huge amount of the blame goes to the o-line. Much more so than to Losman. The kid was running for his life on about 90% of the pass plays. No QB can succeed in that environment. See David Carr for example. Our o-line stinks, primarily in the middle. If a QB can't step up and throw, we're not going to do jack ***** all year. Obviously Holcomb didn't stand any more of a chance yesterday than Losman did. First pass was batted down at the line (o-line's fault), he also had a fumble because of poor pass protection (o-line's fault). He had a second fumble, but I don't remember the specifics of it. A young QB will give us headaches, but we knew that. Having him hurried, knocked down, and sacked on 11 of his first 12 attempts wasn't in the plans. Most of the blame should be shifted toward the o-line. A lot should be shifted to the receivers (4 drops), especially Moulds (great veteran who gave up on two plays, had a penalty, and a spit-in-the-face of the safety). Of course, some blame should definitely be shifted toward the QB. Just not nearly as much as he's getting.

Tinboy
10-03-2005, 08:48 AM
Well I said it was crazy idea. So how should we upgrade the o-line by draft or trade?

We got Ferguson (Virginia), Winston (Miami FL), McNeill (Auburn), Scott (Texas) and Whitworth (L.S.U.) which are 1st round picks.

pintonick96
10-03-2005, 08:53 AM
D"Brickshaw Ferguson will be amazing in this league. He has a sweet name too.