Sun., Nov. 13 KANSAS CITY CHIEFS
    Sun., Nov. 20 at San Diego Chargers
    Sun., Nov 27 CAROLINA PANTHERS FOX 1:00 PM
    Sun., Dec. 4 at Miami Dolphins CBS 1:00 PM
    Sun., Dec. 11 NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS CBS 1:00 PM
    Sat., Dec. 17 DENVER BRONCOS ESPN 8:30 PM
    Sat., Dec. 24 at Cincinnati Bengals CBS 1:00 PM
    Sun., Jan. 1 at New York Jets CBS 1:00 PM

I posted before the NO game that I felt it was JP's Super Bowl for a number of reasons, most notably if we lost the playoffs would then become a fantasy and the team might quit. Well, if that was the Super Bowl, it wasn't so super. I'm not here to bash JP, but I will say that the decision to annoit him as starter first over Bledsoe has been shown to be wrong (assuming your goal was NOT to angle for the #1 pick this year) and over Holcomb without competition was wrong.

Holcomb may not be Johnny Unitas but in my heart I think it's quite possible maybe likely we'd be at least 2-2 if KH had won a fair competition in TC and opened the season at QB. I simply don't buy that JP has to play even if he's not the best QB we have just to "see what we have". I'm a "win as many games as you can right now with your best players" kind of guy.

TD said going to JP was "not a step backward" (hardy har har) and Bledsoe was sent packing with nary a word from coaches or fans about the OL that had so often left him on his own to get killed ("He holds the ball" yada yada). But since JP has shown, at least for now, that he throws passes like Shaq throws free throws I read that the OL is in "disarray". Helloooo? It's basically the same quality group Bledsoe had for 3 years. The team, as I suspected it would, is showing the early signs of quitting. By that I mean playing flat, rudderless football that reeks of a team missing a leader at QB. If the team can't muster an emotional performance and beat the hated fins Sunday, I ask you how many wins does the schedule above hint at in your opinions? The Jets are playing Bollenger so perhaps that's a favorable matchup but other than that....People that read my stuff here know that I tend to be an optimist so this is an open plea to other "half full" people to give me your most positive spin on the state of Bills affairs. It's a free country so "negative Nancy's" are also welcome.

Understand that if any of you detect a bit of an edge to this post losing Sunday to Miami would make this post look like JP's Hall of Fame induction speech.
    finsrclowns
  • Historian
    2020-2023 AFC East Champions!
    • Dec 2002

Re: So JP's the QB

I would like to fasten TDs seatbelt.

On The Columbia.

Comment

• Ebenezer
      Give me a minute...
      • Jul 2002

win the next 2..... or.....play the kids, trade Moulds and Clements and get ready for next year...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Ebenezer
        Give me a minute...
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology

On The Columbia.
        titanic would have been better...slow, cold and torturous...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
          Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
          • May 2003

Originally posted by Ebenezer
          win the next 2..... or.....play the kids, trade Moulds and Clements and get ready for next year...
          Kinda what I'm thinkin' . . .
          Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Typ0
            honey pie
            • Jul 2002

I see a giant fork sticking out of us...

Comment

• finsrclowns
              • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Ebenezer
              And the dozen year rebuilding plan resumes...
              finsrclowns

Comment

• Jan Reimers
                Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
                • May 2003

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                And the dozen year rebuilding plan resumes...
                Yeah, but the genius TD is in charge. He might get us to the playoffs in 11.
                Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Ebenezer
                  Give me a minute...
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Typ0
                  I see a giant fork sticking out of us...
                  just one??

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Billsology

On The Columbia.

Let's start a new chant at the tailgate....

FIRE the GM!

Comment

• Drive 4 Five
                      • May 2003

Sorry but I fail to understand how trading Nate Clements is going to be a good move for the long term future of this franchise? If we're worried about how much money he is going to ask for then cut Muike Williams, he has done far less to earn the BIG money he gets paid IMO.

Comment

Working...
                      X