PDA

View Full Version : The Giants never should've let Manning play last year

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 09:12 AM
They were a 5-4 team when he took over and they finished 6-10. That help didn't do him any good at all for this year.

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:17 AM
They were a 5-4 team when he took over and they finished 6-10. That help didn't do him any good at all for this year.
Great example. Mularkey needs to stop this yanking ****. If he yanks Losman one more time, I'm going to scream. That's the worst thing to do with a quarterback that is trying to develop. Plus, Losman was 5/7 for like 50 yards with his last 7 passes. Why the **** was he pulled? Don't you want your quarterback to try to bring the team back when they are down? He needs to learn how to do that, but he won't be able to if he keeps getting yanked everytime they struggle. :mad:

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 09:20 AM
That's the point some of us have been making for 2 years...you couldn't bring back Bledsoe before LAST year. Bringing him back and going 9-7 only put hope in the players more than the fans. Now, they come in and are turned over to a kid with no experience. If this team had many the playoffs in the last 5 years you could go the route they did. But since not making the playoffs in this century the decision to 1) Bring back DB last year and 2) start JP this year was ill conceived.

Playing the kid for the future is fine...for some of us the future is now.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 09:28 AM
Bledsoe wouldn't have taken us to any playoffs this year either. He had 3 years to do it. We can't beat good teams with or without Bledsoe. There is no chance in hell he would win 10 games with this schedule and a team that's not even as good as last year.

You guys act like the Cowboys are 4-0. They're only 2-2 and Bledsoe had a chance to win the game for them yesterday and failed. He was terrible and will only regress as the season goes on.

Some people act like we had a lot of success with Bledsoe when we didn't have any.

After they lose to the Eagles next week and probably the Giants the week after will everyone be singing the same tune?

I've never seen so much love for somebody who we didn't have any success with. Face reality and admit that we have a terrible coaching staff and an average team. Those of us who didn't expect much and faces the facts isn't that upset. It's the kool aid drinkers who actually thought we were great after beating up on the worst teams of the league last year.

If you can force 22 TO's in 6 games you're gonna win them. We're not doing that this year.

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Bledsoe wouldn't have taken us to any playoffs this year either. He had 3 years to do it. We can't beat good teams with or without Bledsoe. There is no chance in hell he would win 10 games with this schedule and a team that's not even as good as last year.

You guys act like the Cowboys are 4-0. They're only 2-2 and Bledsoe had a chance to win the game for them yesterday and failed. He was terrible and will only regress as the season goes on.

Some people act like we had a lot of success with Bledsoe when we didn't have any.

After they lose to the Eagles next week and probably the Giants the week after will everyone be singing the same tune?

I've never seen so much love for somebody who we didn't have any success with. Face reality and admit that we have a terrible coaching staff and an average team. Those of us who didn't expect much and faces the facts isn't that upset. It's the kool aid drinkers who actually thought we were great after beating up on the worst teams of the league last year.

If you can force 22 TO's in 6 games you're gonna win them. We're not doing that this year.
3-1 if not for a 71 second brain cramp by Roy Williams....

point is as a GM or coach you got to put the team in position to succeed...which QB had a better chance at succeeding this year...DB or JP? Sorry, for all those who said it could not get worse or were willing to take the lumps of a kid learning...you got what you wanted...ENJOY!!!

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 09:38 AM
3-1 if not for a 71 second brain cramp by Roy Williams....

point is as a GM or coach you got to put the team in position to succeed...which QB had a better chance at succeeding this year...DB or JP? Sorry, for all those who said it could not get worse or were willing to take the lumps of a kid learning...you got what you wanted...ENJOY!!!
If if if. Wasn't it you who said last year it's a team game? Did it change this year?

We were 0-4 at this time last year so actually it hasn't gotten any worse through the first 4 games of the season.

Without a bunch of chumps on our schedule last year we would've won 6 games at the most.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 09:40 AM
How much more success would we have? Go win 7 games instead of 5 and miss the playoffs?

Then next year it's the same thing that's going on this year. Bledsoe was uninspired and had no chance of taking us anywhere in the present or future.

mysticsoto
10-03-2005, 09:49 AM

I wouldn't say a terrible coaching staff - but definitely an inexperienced one. Mularkey rallied the troops last year from the 0-4 start. He will need to look for a way to do the same this year. Right now, the chemistry has changed and JP has infected his inexperience and hesitation to the rest of the team. It needs to be turned around and the swagger that the Bills had last year needs to be regenerated. This is Mularkey's job, and he was able to do it last year, but I don't know if he's experienced enough to do it again. Mularkey last year was understanding and optimistic. This year he seems to be frustrated, expecting a better start...but the coach showing frustration is not conducive to having the rest of the team perform well.

And for all those that think TD is the problem, TD isn't the only one that makes picks in the draft. The scouts are valued heavily with their recommendations as well as Mularkey on what he would like for the team. This is a team effort. But it isn't the personnel chosen that is letting us down. I like our players. We just have to get them to play better and this falls on Mularkey and the coaching staff to find a way...

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 09:55 AM
Who did we beat last year? Cleveland, Arizona, San Francisco. We also beat Seattle and St. Louis when they were playing their worse football of the year.

We beat 1 team with a winning record. We were better then the worse teams but not as good as the great teams and it showed in the games that we won.

When it counted the most Mularkey got his balls handed to him in a sling by Cowher and a bunch of backups.

He's simply outcoached and in over his head against a good team.

What does Cleveland, Arizona and San Francisco all have in common(Besides all having a Top 10 draft pick) They all replaced their coaches at the end of the season. They were all lame ducks riding it out till their summer vacation started.

Also throw in a terrible Miami team last year who also has a new coach and is much improved this year and it shouldn't be very hard to figure out.

If you replace them teams with KC, Carolina and San Diego like we play this year they are all losses and we're 6-10 and realize that our team just isn't very good.

Five of our 9 wins came against teams with a combined 18 wins.

Samphin1
10-03-2005, 10:03 AM
Who did we beat last year? Cleveland, Arizona, San Francisco. We also beat Seattle and St. Louis when they were playing their worse football of the year.

We beat 1 team with a winning record. We were better then the worse teams but not as good as the great teams and it showed in the games that we won.

When it counted the most Mularkey got his balls handed to him in a sling by Cowher and a bunch of backups.

He's simply outcoached and in over his head against a good team.

What does Cleveland, Arizona and San Francisco all have in common(Besides all having a Top 10 draft pick) They all replaced their coaches at the end of the season. They were all lame ducks riding it out till their summer vacation started.

Also throw in a terrible Miami team last year who also has a new coach and is much improved this year and it shouldn't be very hard to figure out.

If you replace them teams with KC, Carolina and San Diego like we play this year they are all losses and we're 6-10 and realize that our team just isn't very good.

Five of our 9 wins came against teams with a combined 18 wins.

Arizona didn't switch coaches. Denny Green was there last year too.

Michael82
10-03-2005, 10:18 AM
Thanks for making me feel so good about this season, BillsFever. :ill:

:wail:

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 11:41 AM
Thanks for making me feel so good about this season, BillsFever. :ill:

:wail:
don't forget...he never criticizes the Bills...

Mudflap1
10-03-2005, 11:52 AM
I understand the argument that Manning played last year, look where he is this year, so play Losman, as he will be on the same learning curve.

However, I have two very valid points to combat that.

1. He ain't Eli Manning. Eli and Peyton were the number one picks in the entire draft, they are a quarterback pedigree. For every Eli Manning and Carson Palmer, there are Ryan Leafs, Rick Mirers, Heath Shulers, and Akili Smiths.

2. Eli, while getting playing time last year, was drafted on the SAME DAY as J.P. Losman. Losman shouldn't be as far behind Eli as he is if they have similar potential and basically began work on the same day.

Yes, quarterbacks learn by going out there and playing, but there's no excuse for our quarterback to be throwing consistently for 75 yards a game. Does Tom Donahoe deserve direct blame for J.P. Losman? You bet he does. Does Mike Mularkey and Tom Clements. Absolutely. Does the offensive line? Yeah, they certainly don't help. However, if this kid was good, we would be seeing SOMETHING. He showed a glimmer in Week One, but that was against (all signs point to) a bad, bad Houston team.

What else are we supposed to think? Sorry, my spirit is broken. The team showed no heart yesterday, and frankly, I'm saddened to say that I've become numbed a bit to the losing. It didn't hurt as much yesterday because I've come to EXPECT them to lose, and that's a very bad thing. We don't deserve to tolerate losing for this long, and we shouldn't have to take it. Heads must roll.

Jon

BAM
10-03-2005, 11:54 AM
Eli is coming along nicely!

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 12:00 PM
I understand the argument that Manning played last year, look where he is this year, so play Losman, as he will be on the same learning curve.

1. He ain't Eli Manning. Eli and Peyton were the number one picks in the entire draft, they are a quarterback pedigree. For every Eli Manning and Carson Palmer, there are Ryan Leafs, Rick Mirers, Heath Shulers, and Akili Smiths.

2. Eli, while getting playing time last year, was drafted on the SAME DAY as J.P. Losman. Losman shouldn't be as far behind Eli as he is if they have similar potential and basically began work on the same day.

Yes, quarterbacks learn by going out there and playing, but there's no excuse for our quarterback to be throwing consistently for 75 yards a game. Does Tom Donahoe deserve direct blame for J.P. Losman? You bet he does. Does Mike Mularkey and Tom Clements. Absolutely. Does the offensive line? Yeah, they certainly don't help. However, if this kid was good, we would be seeing SOMETHING. He showed a glimmer in Week One, but that was against (all signs point to) a bad, bad Houston team.

What else are we supposed to think? Sorry, my spirit is broken. The team showed no heart yesterday, and frankly, I'm saddened to say that I've become numbed a bit to the losing. It didn't hurt as much yesterday because I've come to EXPECT them to lose, and that's a very bad thing. We don't deserve to tolerate losing for this long, and we shouldn't have to take it. Heads must roll.

Jon
I remember Eli having a game where he went like 4-22 for 25 yards. They should've declared him a bust after that.

Could you imagine this board if JP had a game like that?

Mudflap1
10-03-2005, 12:01 PM
He's had 3 in a row like that!

Jon

Drive 4 Five
10-03-2005, 12:10 PM
Arizona didn't switch coaches. Denny Green was there last year too.

If you're trying to encourage us, it IS appreciated but the fact remains...

WE REALLY SUCK RIGHT NOW!

Jan Reimers
10-03-2005, 12:46 PM

Jon
Sorry, but you're points 1. and 2. are not valid. Point 1: To say that JP is not Eli is correct only in the sense that they are two entirely separate human beings. To say that Losman will never be as good as Eli is pure conjecture and will not be known until some future time.

Point 2 misses the whole point of the thread, which argues that Eli is a much better QB this season for having played the last 7 games last year. JP did not have that experience. Ergo, JP should very well be behind Eli in his development, regardless of being drafted on the same day. :peace:

Mudflap1
10-03-2005, 01:18 PM
There are a lot more quarterbacks that have come into this league than Eli Manning and Carson Palmer. Stop comparing Losman to them!!!!!

If he's good, he'll show it. He has not shown it so far. Period. Did I say to cut him? No. Did I say to shoot him? No. In fact, in another thread I stated we may have no choice but to stick with him this season. We'll see. However, so far I see NOTHING that points towards him turning it around. Is it possible? Yes. Would I love to eat crow on it? Yes. Do I think it will happen? No. Even watching Manning play badly last year, you could see that he was trying to do the right thing, trying to go through his reads, throwing the ball with some accuracy. The guy we've got is showing no accuracy, no touch, no poise, and no capability of reading a defense.

Not only that, but the most frustrating aspect is that we were all led to believe that he would come in and this team would not only not miss a beat, but be better off.

MALARKEY!

Jon