PDA

View Full Version : Want to shake things up? Bench Eric Moulds!

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:14 AM
I know that he's supposed to be the best receiver on the team and the veteran leader, but I'm starting to wonder if his frustration is affecting his play and his attitude is wearing off on the rest of the offense. He's the veteran leader of the offense and supposed to keep everybody together, instead he's spitting on players, going to the media to whine, making dumb penalties, dropping passes, not trying hard enough to get to the ball. I watched a replay of the INT on ESPN and Eric Moulds slowed down and didn't try to get the ball. Yeah it was a bad throw, but if Eric Moulds was a top 10 receiver, like he's getting paid...he should have ran a little faster and tried to make the play. At least get there to knock the ball away. Mularkey wants to shake things up...

Bench Moulds! Start Evans as #1 and Reed as #2. Move Fast Freddie to #3 and see how the offense does. This also will prove to the young players that that **** is not acceptable. He could set an example.

What do you guys think? :feedback:

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Moulds is lucky to be a Top 20 WR right now. Unless he takes a huge paycut he will be gone after this year. He isn't worth 8 million a year.

Use his money and try to get some lineman in here. Without them it doesn't matter what players we have at the skill position.

I doubt anybody will take his contract so it's unlikely we will get any compensation for him.

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 09:21 AM
Yeah...EM has a force field around him that changes the trajectory of Losman's passes...put him on the bench and that'll put JP's passes on target...

mysticsoto
10-03-2005, 09:22 AM
I know that he's supposed to be the best receiver on the team and the veteran leader, but I'm starting to wonder if his frustration is affecting his play and his attitude is wearing off on the rest of the offense. He's the veteran leader of the offense and supposed to keep everybody together, instead he's spitting on players, going to the media to whine, making dumb penalties, dropping passes, not trying hard enough to get to the ball. I watched a replay of the INT on ESPN and Eric Moulds slowed down and didn't try to get the ball. Yeah it was a bad throw, but if Eric Moulds was a top 10 receiver, like he's getting paid...he should have ran a little faster and tried to make the play. At least get there to knock the ball away. Mularkey wants to shake things up...

Bench Moulds! Start Evans as #1 and Reed as #2. Move Fast Freddie to #3 and see how the offense does. This also will prove to the young players that that **** is not acceptable. He could set an example.

If you bench Moulds you should move Wilson or Aiken in to his position. Keep Reed at 3rd - he struggles on that position already and definitely can't make it at #2. In fact, I've been wondering if they shouldn't give Wilson a chance at slot receiver anyway. He caught everything that came his way in TC and Reed still gets the nod to start - just doesn't make sense to me...

But without JP being given time to read the defense and throw - which as a rookie, he's going to need that extra second or two, the pressure all falls on JP which we didn't want. Until the line starts playing better, JP is going to look terrible. When JP has time to make the reads (like he did against Houston), he will perform the way we want him to...

Along these lines...McGahee needs to start blocking better. He did a TERRIBLE job last game...

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:23 AM
If you bench Moulds you should move Wilson or Aiken in to his position. Keep Reed at 3rd - he struggles on that position already and definitely can't make it at #2. In fact, I've been wondering if they shouldn't give Wilson a chance at slot receiver anyway. He caught everything that came his way in TC and Reed still gets the nod to start - just doesn't make sense to me...

But without JP being given time to read the defense and throw - which as a rookie, he's going to need that extra second or two, the pressure all falls on JP which we didn't want. Until the line starts playing better, JP is going to look terrible. When JP has time to make the reads (like he did against Houston), he will perform the way we want him to...

Along these lines...McGahee needs to start blocking better. He did a TERRIBLE job last game...
Okay fine, move Aiken to Moulds' spot. :up:

madness
10-03-2005, 09:25 AM
I think it might be a great idea if the coaches are actually watching film of Moulds. I'd give him one more week to correct his actions and if he doesn't then bench him. Hopefully he'll adjust his attitude then and that will be perfect timing to spark something with Parrish coming back.

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:25 AM
Yeah...EM has a force field around him that changes the trajectory of Losman's passes...put him on the bench and that'll put JP's passes on target...
I didn't say that. I was just saying...use Moulds as an example. Tom Coughlin did it with his stud receiver for being late for practice and the players took the hint. They understood. so did Burress. He tore it up the next game.

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 09:26 AM
Okay fine, move Aiken to Moulds' spot. :up:
Sam "I can't get out of McGee's way" Aiken??

Say it with me...bust.

Kerr
I'm not defending moulds here, but what if moulds were to have a good game next week? Would all this talk still be here?

Michael82
I think it might be a great idea if the coaches are actually watching film of Moulds. I'd give him one more week to correct his actions and if he doesn't then bench him. Hopefully he'll adjust his attitude then and that will be perfect timing to spark something with Parrish coming back.
That's what i'm saying. If Moulds is your high priced star receiver and he's dropping passes and has an attitude problem, bench his ass. It will show the other players that you aren't putting up with any ****. Plus, u never know...maybe Losman would learn to start spreading the ball around again, instead of just locking on Moulds.

casdhf
10-03-2005, 09:27 AM
Mike, if doesnt matter who is at WR if we can't get balls thrown out to him.

Ebenezer
I didn't say that. I was just saying...use Moulds as an example. Tom Coughlin did it with his stud receiver for being late for practice and the players took the hint. They understood. so did Burress. He tore it up the next game.
The WR only catches. Buress is a head case going back to Pittsburgh...Manning still had to get the ball there...do you have confidence in JP for him to get the ball to anybody? I don't.

Michael82
Sam "I can't get out of McGee's way" Aiken??

Say it with me...bust.
Umm, Campbell is the moron that blocked that Fred Thomas right into McGee. It wasn't Aiken. :rolleyes:

finsrclowns
10-03-2005, 09:28 AM

#1 receivers as a group are whining prima donnas. Don't make me go around the league to prove this but it wouldn't be hard. Understand Moulds whined last year with Bledsoe and he was actually catching passes then. He's justifiably frustrated even if he's grossly overrated. Believe me you haven't seen anything yet from a lot of sources if things continue. Benching Moulds would only make a pathetic offense worse. If you want to make a statement go to the main source of the problem.

justasportsfan
10-03-2005, 09:29 AM
Great, bench the best wr we have because he's b!tching about our young qb missfiring because our Ol isn't holding up because our coaches decided to use our weakness as a weapon.

Hey how about we bench our TE's as well? They are not getting the ball.

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:31 AM
I'm not defending moulds here, but what if moulds were to have a good game next week? Would all this talk still be here?
No. But have you been following his stats lately? He hasn't had a good game for a long time. Maybe it's time for him to go. He's getting paid wayyy too much money for the **** that he isn't able to do. :mad:

His last 100 yard game was on October 3rd, 2004 against the Patriots. That's pathetic! Especially for the money they are paying him.

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 09:31 AM
Umm, Campbell is the moron that blocked that Fred Thomas right into McGee. It wasn't Aiken. :rolleyes:

I'm not talking about the one returned to the 4...I'm talking about the one earlier in the game that was called back on the hold by Campbell....

btw, cut Campbell or get him off the special teams.

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:32 AM
#1 receivers as a group are whining prima donnas. Don't make me go around the league to prove this but it wouldn't be hard. Understand Moulds whined last year with Bledsoe and he was actually catching passes then. He's justifiably frustrated even if he's grossly overrated. Believe me you haven't seen anything yet from a lot of sources if things continue. Benching Moulds would only make a pathetic offense worse. If you want to make a statement go to the main source of the problem.
How about TD fires Tom Clements and then let's Mularkey take over the offensive play calling? Would that shake things up in a better way?

Kerr
10-03-2005, 09:32 AM

That's a good point. If this were go down, i'd imagine mularkey's main reason would be "disciplinary action". If this lit a fire in his ass, i'm all for it.

The Natrix
10-03-2005, 09:33 AM
Honestly, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea except you have to have him in there at home against Miami. He always comes to play gainst the fish.

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 09:34 AM
No. But have you been following his stats lately? He hasn't had a good game for a long time. Maybe it's time for him to go. He's getting paid wayyy too much money for the **** that he isn't able to do. :mad:

His last 100 yard game was on October 3rd, 2004 against the Patriots. That's pathetic! Especially for the money they are paying him.
Mikey...WR can't catch balls that aren't in the same area code.

justasportsfan
10-03-2005, 09:35 AM

His last 100 yard game was on October 3rd, 2004 against the Patriots. That's pathetic! Especially for the money they are paying him.and that's his fault? If you want to talk cap, yes, he's overpaid but as far as his stats go, he isn't the one throwing the ball.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 09:35 AM
Moulds hasn't had 100 yard receiving game in almost a full year of football. He only has 6 TD passes the last 33 games. Was it Losman's fault the other 10 games before he started he hasn't reached 100 yards? Is it his fault the prior 29 games he only has 6 TD's?

Benching him isn't the answer unless we have somebody good enough to step in for him which we don't. I don't think he should be brought back with his cap figure next year though.

finsrclowns
10-03-2005, 09:36 AM
How about TD fires Tom Clements and then let's Mularkey take over the offensive play calling? Would that shake things up in a better way?

Are there any "broad side of barn door" pass plays in Mularkey's play book? If so, let's go for it! :up:

(editorial: this is my last post for today- I'm giving myself a time out as I know I sound like my wife around PMS time)

BillsFever21
Moulds has never had back to back 1,000 yard seasons. He had 1,043 last year. He is right on schedule with his entire career.

Michael82
I'm not talking about the one returned to the 4...I'm talking about the one earlier in the game that was called back on the hold by Campbell....

btw, cut Campbell or get him off the special teams.
Agreed. Get Campbell off of Special Teams. He made two terrible plays, one that negated a 64 yard return by Jonathan Smith and one that ended a game CHANGING 82 yard return by Terrence McGee. :ill:

The Saints said it themselves...that play would have taken the wind out of their sails. It was perfect, until Campbell blocked that idiot Thomas right in front of McGee and was there to trip McGee just 3 yards short of the end zone. :ill: :puke:

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:37 AM
He dropped at least 2 catchable passes and he's paid to catch those kind of balls and is supposed to help his rookie QB by making nice grabs too. He didn't even try yesterday. :ill:

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:39 AM
Great, bench the best wr we have because he's b!tching about our young qb missfiring because our Ol isn't holding up because our coaches decided to use our weakness as a weapon.

Hey how about we bench our TE's as well? They are not getting the ball.
The best WR we have? Are you nuts? Right now Jonathan Smith was the best WR we had. Both Moulds and Evans are terrible so far.

justasportsfan
10-03-2005, 09:40 AM
He dropped at least 2 catchable passes and he's paid to catch those kind of balls and is supposed to help his rookie QB by making nice grabs too. He didn't even try yesterday. :ill:benching him with a team that's already struggling offnsively is not the way to go. Bench the coaches if you want. They should've used the run to open up the pass and keep our D off the field.

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:40 AM
Honestly, it probably wouldn't be a bad idea except you have to have him in there at home against Miami. He always comes to play gainst the fish.
That's the problem. Let's hope he comes to play this week. But I doubt it. :ill:

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:41 AM
benching him with a team that's already struggling offnsively is not the way to go. Bench the coaches if you want. They should've used the run to open up the pass and keep our D off the field.
Bench the coaches? I'd rather fire them. Kevin Gilbri....errrr.....Tom Clements needs to go!

Michael82
10-03-2005, 09:43 AM
Moulds has never had back to back 1,000 yard seasons. He had 1,043 last year. He is right on schedule with his entire career.
OMG! You are right. I forgot it was an odd year. He always sucks on an odd year. :ill:

Dozerdog
10-03-2005, 10:19 AM
Really dumb Idea. I think we should be doing everything we can to help JP succeed, not hinder his chances.

Let's give JP recievers who haven't caught more than 20 balls a season! :up:

colin
10-03-2005, 10:34 AM
He dropped at least 2 catchable passes and he's paid to catch those kind of balls and is supposed to help his rookie QB by making nice grabs too. He didn't even try yesterday. :ill:

not even close.

moulds rescued a horrible high one on a slant, and had balls thrown over his head and well behind him all day.

keep in mind is doesn't just stand there reach for a ball, he is often runnin up field and cuts back hard to rescue a bad pass from JP, who has been the least accurate QB in the NFL so far

Typ0
10-03-2005, 10:35 AM
I think it would be cool if we just benched the whole team and a bunch of us from the zone can step up there and play. I can see Mikey playing OLine and Dozer at QB.

slakjaw157
10-03-2005, 10:37 AM

:bf1: My thoughts as well.

Tom D
10-03-2005, 10:37 AM
Can I yell "Dozer sucks" and not get banned? :couch:

Dozerdog
10-03-2005, 10:39 AM
No

Tom D
10-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Oh, OK. I'll just point to the guy sitting next to me then if you her that. :D

Devin
10-03-2005, 10:46 AM
Eric Moulds is not the problem, Eric is one of the leaders of this team. He isnt the only one frustrated.

No reciever will catch what JP is throwing at this rate.