Is this the beginning of the end of the "Buffalo" Bills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Ebenezer
    Give me a minute...
    • Jul 2002

Is this the beginning of the end of the "Buffalo" Bills?

Why not another doomsday thread??

Think about this though...the team is not going to do well this year...people are already mad...season ticket numbers go down next year...games start to not sell out...Ralph gets another year older...

It's a legit question...

Is this team just on autopilot until Ralph dies? At that point they just get sold and we lose "our" team. Pretty sad really.

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.
  • finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

Re: Is this the beginning of the end of the "Buffalo" Bills?

finsrclowns

Comment

• OpIv37
      Acid Douching Asswipe
      • Sep 2002

If this team wins a Super Bowl before Ralph dies, it'll be in Buffalo for the forseeable future. Without that claim to fame, it will be tough to keep the team in Buffalo after Ralph goes to the big luxury box in the sky. Golisano or Danny Wegman will have to step up.
      MiKiDo Facebook
      MiKiDo Website

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

I'm getting season's next year, for sure
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• BillsFever21
          • Aug 2004

They are gone after Wilson dies. Enjoy them while they are here.

An owner can move somewhere else and make more money off ticket sales then they can here.

Comment

• Buckets
            • Jun 2003

I think professional football has already left Buffalo.

Comment

• Static
              The lap dances are always better when the stripper is crying.
              • Jul 2005

this would suck...........

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                Maybe?
                • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Buckets
                I think professional football has already left Buffalo.
                Great line.....albeit very depressing.

Comment

• SkapePhin
                  • Jan 2005

Where would they move? Even as a Dolphin fan, I would hate to see the Bills move..

Comment

• Ebenezer
                    Give me a minute...
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SkapePhin
                    Where would they move? Even as a Dolphin fan, I would hate to see the Bills move..
                    Los Angeles
                    San Antonio
                    Portland
                    Orlando

hell, even New Orleans has a better economy than Buffalo right now...think about all those federal dollars pouring in...

For all the education and practice each of us undergoes, the achievment of mastery is ultimately the outcome of a personal quest for understanding.

Comment

• Mudflap1
                      Next Question!
                      • Nov 2004

Sadly, this team better get on the right track or they are as good as gone. Not if, but when.....

And who says that they won't become so pitiful that Wilson will sell the team before he dies and they'll move?

Jon

Comment

• Touborg
                        • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Ebenezer
                        Los Angeles
                        San Antonio
                        Portland
                        Orlando

hell, even New Orleans has a better economy than Buffalo right now...think about all those federal dollars pouring in...
                        I think you can rule out Orlando and San Antonio. SA are getting the Saints if anything, and I don't see a 4th profittable team in Florida.

Are you guys really so convinced the team will be moving?

Comment

• Mudflap1
                          Next Question!
                          • Nov 2004

Yes. It will likely be Los Angeles.

Jon

Comment

• Ebenezer
                            Give me a minute...
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Touborg
                            I think you can rule out Orlando and San Antonio. SA are getting the Saints if anything, and I don't see a 4th profittable team in Florida.

There is buckets of money in Orlando and with tourism they would flourish...

No. We've been gnashing our teeth about the Bills leaving since 1995 because we enjoy beating ourselves up over nothing...Of course we are convinced...Nobody stepped up when the Sabres were available (twice)...nobody stepped up to buy the Arena league team for crying out loud...what makes anybody think that those with money around here are going to pony up close to $1bil for a team?? The taxpayers in OP (rather affluent) won't spend $29 a year to prop up their school system. You think somebody will buy the team? Check out the area's economy...flatline...

Comment

• DolfanTom
                              I have an itch only a male dolphin can scratch
                              • Oct 2005

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                              They are gone after Wilson dies. Enjoy them while they are here.

An owner can move somewhere else and make more money off ticket sales then they can here.
                              You guys are nuts. I came over here for some idle trash talking and then I see threads like this. You've got to be kidding me!!

I had the displeasure of attending St. John Fisher College and Brockport during three of your four SuperBowls and - as a FinFan - it was no picnic! You guys have a tremendous fan base, albeit a fanbase that will say the sky is falling the minute something remotely goes wrong.

In addition to your fan base, don't forget all the improvements made to your stadium a few years back. Pataki would never have allowed that $$ to be spent had he not had assurances you would be around for many many years to come!

You guys aren't going anywhere! It's sad to say it - it really is - but you know the Saints will end up in L.A. eventually. That's just economics as NO rebuilds over the next 20 years. After L.A. gets taken, where exactly would a new owner move the Bills too that would make sense?

Not happening! And - quite honestly - I'd be sad even as a Dolphins fan if it ever happened!

Comment

Working...
                              X