PDA

View Full Version : Turning point of the game

northernbillfan
10-03-2005, 09:47 AM
The front page poll asks you what you think the turning point of the game was.

I say it was McGee not making it to the endzone on his return. The team would have been up at the half giving an entire feel for the second half of the game. It seems that 15% of those who have voted already agree with me. Why so low. I thought that was a key blow to the team.

Thoughts?

Vote here (http://www.billszone.com/)

http://www.billszone.com/coppermine/albums/userpics/10011/poll.JPG

northernbillfan
10-03-2005, 10:17 AM
Since I posted this thread the numbers have changed drastically.

Now everyone thinks it's the opening kick off that was the turning point.

Michael82
10-03-2005, 10:23 AM
Since I posted this thread the numbers have changed drastically.

Now everyone thinks it's the opening kick off that was the turning point.
Mark Campbell should never be on special teams again. First he held on a 64 yard return by Fast Freddie. Then, he blocked Fred Thomas right in front of Terrence McGee, when he should have cleared the way for McGee. :mad:

Michael82
10-03-2005, 10:26 AM
Oh and it was definitely the turning point of the game. The Saints players even said it after the game. It would have taken the wind out of their sails and completely changed the game. The Bills would have been in the lead and might have gotten some of that swagger back that they desperately need.

northernbillfan
10-03-2005, 10:40 AM
Mark Campbell should never be on special teams again. First he held on a 64 yard return by Fast Freddie. Then, he blocked Fred Thomas right in front of Terrence McGee, when he should have cleared the way for McGee. :mad:
Actually Thomas was quoted as saying, "The (blocker) I cut down fell on top of me, so I just took a shot. Luckily, I grabbed (McGee's) foot and pulled him down. He tried to jump over us and I grabbed his foot. If he had been fresh, my hand probably wouldn't have bothered him. When I say I barely got his foot, I barely got his foot."

Michael82
10-03-2005, 10:48 AM
Actually Thomas was quoted as saying, "The (blocker) I cut down fell on top of me, so I just took a shot. Luckily, I grabbed (McGee's) foot and pulled him down. He tried to jump over us and I grabbed his foot. If he had been fresh, my hand probably wouldn't have bothered him. When I say I barely got his foot, I barely got his foot."
The blocker he cut? Isn't cutting illegal? :scratch:

Basically, McGee got tired and didn't have the open room to run to the end zone like he needed. I guess that's what happens when you run for over 100 yards, if u include all of his spinning around and breaking tackles...it was definitely over 100 yards of running. It's a shame too because that was the game right there. We were sooo close, yet sooo far. :wail: