• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • northernbillfan
    Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

TD is being a hard ass

For those of you who think he's part of the problem think again. I just read on Buffalo News that he went into the locker room after the game and gave everyone hell.

He was quoted as saying, "Everybody on this team is on thin ice as far as I'm concerned." Sounds like he's as upset as we are about the state of the team.
    When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

• Forward_Lateral
    • Mar 2004

Re: TD is being a hard ass

Can he fire himself?

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

He's one of the biggest, if not THE biggest part of the problem.

Jon

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by northernbillfan
        For those of you who think he's part of the problem think again. I just read on Buffalo News that he went into the locker room after the game and gave everyone hell.

He was quoted as saying, "Everybody on this team is on thin ice as far as I'm concerned." Sounds like he's as upset as we are about the state of the team.
        The trouble is, he's mostly responsible for the state of the team.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Tom D
          In charge- don't U forget it!
          • Jul 2002

You can only do so much. He blew it with his first coach- and tried to repair the Johnson/Flutie rift in the organization the best he could.

None of his moves really had people screaming WTF?? when he made them (Like Rick Spielman in Miami)

For those who want the heads to roll (and plunge us again into a rebuilding cycle) what names do you want to come here? Be somewhat realistic.
          Hey Willis- Let's call Travis
          Hello Travis? ...*tee hee hee*...This Is Jerry Jones. we want you to be our starter.....*chuckle*...

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            The trouble is, he's mostly responsible for the state of the team.
            Not mostly responsible...totally responsible (as is every GM).

Comment

• Michael82
              • Jul 2002

He's starting to snap, because he's worried for his job. He knows that Ralph won't stay quiet for that long. If we don't rebound soon, Ralph will start barking and demanding changes. TD doesn't want that to happen.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Tom D
                You can only do so much. He blew it with his first coach- and tried to repair the Johnson/Flutie rift in the organization the best he could.

None of his moves really had people screaming WTF?? when he made them (Like Rick Spielman in Miami)

For those who want the heads to roll (and plunge us again into a rebuilding cycle) what names do you want to come here? Be somewhat realistic.
                Tom Heckert-Vice-President, Player Personnel- Philadelphia Eagles.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Mudflap1
                  Next Question!
                  • Nov 2004

Nice avatar Tom D.

Jon

Comment

• Lexwhat
                    • Feb 2005

Originally posted by WILLIS21
                    Tom Heckert-Vice-President, Player Personnel- Philadelphia Eagles.
                    And Brad Childress for Head Coach. If anyone can fix an offense, it's him. But of course, I've said Childress so many times already, soon I'll make it my sig.

Comment

• BillsFever21
                      • Aug 2004

He has made decent player moves but his coaching moves are terrible. He's the one who hired Williams and Mularkey and passed on Fox and Lewis.

I'm starting to think even Williams was better then Mularkey is. Williams didn't have the players around him we do now.

When Williams was coach we were #1 on defense stopping the opponents on 3rd down.

GW will get another shot as a HC and it will be interesting to see how he does. It might even be with Washington after Gibbs leaves. He's done a great job with that defense with the talent he has.

GW's mistake was Kevin Gilbride. GW didn't have Evans or McGahee his last year in Buffalo.

One difference from Mularkey and GW is the team played hard and with emotion even when we wern't winning.

Mularkey has a better team with him then GW did but he's getting less out of his players. GW's last year in Buffalo he had an injured Moulds who was mostly a decoy all year and he didn't have Evans and McGahee.

This reminds me of his era. He had an 8-8 year and things looked good but then the wheels fell off the next year with maybe one of the worst offense lines in the history of this organization. The line is still bad but it was even worse when GW was here.

We were 9-7 last year with a cupcake schedule and now the wheels are falling off with a better team. They both wern't very good but Mularkey is even worse.

I think we'd be a better team with GW then we are with Mularkey right now. GW wasn't great but he's better then Mularkey. That shows how bad MM is.

GW had a gutted team in a rebuilding stage. Mularkey has some good players around him but he's not getting it done.

MM has more playmakers on offense then we had in GW's last year but he's not getting any more production(if not worse) then what GW got out of them.

One thing else to consider is GW was hired so late that he had leftovers as far as his assistant coaches went. All the other good assistants were already taken a week or two before we hired GW.

Comment

• Captain Obvious
                        I can feel your anger.I can feel your hate. Give in to the DARK SIDE! With every neg you become MINE
                        • Jul 2005

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                        And Brad Childress for Head Coach. If anyone can fix an offense, it's him. But of course, I've said Childress so many times already, soon I'll make it my sig.
                        If Donahoe and Mularkey were to get poop-canned, I'm all for raiding the Philadephia Eagles for their employees. Other than New England, Philadelphia is a good an organization to to pilfer from. Raiding the Steelers for their ex-employees hasn't quite worked out.

Here to point out the obvious....

Comment

• Touborg
                          • Oct 2005

Originally posted by Lexwhat
                          Brad Childress will be a fine HC some day. Being a fin fan I obviously hope you keep MM and TD.

Comment

• Michael82
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21
                            He has made decent player moves but his coaching moves are terrible. He's the one who hired Williams and Mularkey and passed on Fox and Lewis.

I'm starting to think even Williams was better then Mularkey is. Williams didn't have the players around him we do now.

When Williams was coach we were #1 on defense stopping the opponents on 3rd down.

GW will get another shot as a HC and it will be interesting to see how he does. It might even be with Washington after Gibbs leaves. He's done a great job with that defense with the talent he has.

GW's mistake was Kevin Gilbride. GW didn't have Evans or McGahee his last year in Buffalo.

One difference from Mularkey and GW is the team played hard and with emotion even when we wern't winning.

Mularkey has a better team with him then GW did but he's getting less out of his players. GW's last year in Buffalo he had an injured Moulds who was mostly a decoy all year and he didn't have Evans and McGahee.

This reminds me of his era. He had an 8-8 year and things looked good but then the wheels fell off the next year with maybe one of the worst offense lines in the history of this organization. The line is still bad but it was even worse when GW was here.

We were 9-7 last year with a cupcake schedule and now the wheels are falling off with a better team. They both wern't very good but Mularkey is even worse.

I think we'd be a better team with GW then we are with Mularkey right now. GW wasn't great but he's better then Mularkey. That shows how bad MM is.

GW had a gutted team in a rebuilding stage. Mularkey has some good players around him but he's not getting it done.

MM has more playmakers on offense then we had in GW's last year but he's not getting any more production(if not worse) then what GW got out of them.

One thing else to consider is GW was hired so late that he had leftovers as far as his assistant coaches went. All the other good assistants were already taken a week or two before we hired GW.
                            Gregg Williams was better than Mike Mularkey is?

Comment

• northernbillfan
                              Hello, I'm Mike and I'm a Bills fan.

Administrator Emeritus
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsFever21

Great post.
                              When I die, please don't let my wife sell my camera equipment for what I told her I paid for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X