PDA

View Full Version : Dump Moulds

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2005, 10:38 AM
He is completely frustrated. (Spitting on another player again?)

His level of play has fallen off dramatically.

His frustration will cause more locker room dissention.

His cost is nowhere near his performance.

He is near or at the end of his career.

He is the last remaining player on the team that has any connection to the Glory Years. (not that this is a negative per se, but it is a good way to realize how long he's been here without any real run to the Big Dance and why his frustration is justifiably high.)

Although TD is the primary person that needs to go, I do think it is also time for Moulds and the Bills to part way. My gut says he's gone next year.

imbondz
10-03-2005, 10:39 AM
that's logical. :negrep:

Michael82
10-03-2005, 10:40 AM
If they can get anything for him, I say go for it.

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2005, 10:41 AM
If they can get anything for him, I say go for it.
:hi5:

Tatonka
10-03-2005, 10:42 AM
it is not like he has done the team any good in a long time.

how many games since he had a 100 yards?

GBS 18
10-03-2005, 10:45 AM
moulds = overrated

name the last time he has made a game breaking play for us

bdogg
10-03-2005, 10:45 AM
What can he do when the Qb cant get him the ball?

Captain Obvious
10-03-2005, 10:46 AM

He is the last remaining player on the team that has any connection to the Glory Years. (not that this is a negative per se, but it is a good way to realize how long he's been here without any real run to the Big Dance and why his frustration is justifiably high.)

Although TD is the primary person that needs to go, I do think it is also time for Moulds and the Bills to part way. My gut says he's gone next year.
IF he is going to be a s**t disturbor, and Parrish is back within 2 or 3 weeks, deactivate him, like the Bucs deactivated Keyshawn JOhnson?

Jan Reimers
10-03-2005, 10:49 AM
While I agree that EM is in decline and acting like an idiot, he is still the kind of physical, veteran receiver that can help JP's development. I say keep him for this season, unless he becomes a totally negative force.

slakjaw157
10-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Moulds is felling the same amount of frustration that we are feeling as Bills fans, probably more. I can't say that I haven't wanted to punch the guy sitting next to me while watching games. However, EM makes millions of dollars and I don't. Spitting on a player is uncalled for. The league, let alone the team, has no room in it for players who do it.

He needs to just realize it is going to be a long season, once again. Bite your tongue, run your routes, and catch the damn rock when it is thrown at you. His days are numbered anyways.

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2005, 10:51 AM
What can he do when the Qb cant get him the ball?
Sometimes that excuse works, but there have been many times where he hasn't been able to break one even when he has the ball. In addition he is not getting the separation he used to get in his younger years.

Here's the deal....if we had a better offense with a better OC, he'd probably be doing well. But that's water under the bridge at this point. He is too long in the tooth to go through another rebuild (which is what we need). He is also too jaded, which is understandable with only 1 playoff win (his rookie year) in his career here. It would be in his best interest to go to another team where the offense is working, as he doesn't have much time left. It would also be good for his psyche.

In return, I think we could get a decent trade for him actually, to a team that needs a solid vet receiver.

OpIv37
10-03-2005, 10:56 AM
While I agree that EM is in decline and acting like an idiot, he is still the kind of physical, veteran receiver that can help JP's development. I say keep him for this season, unless he becomes a totally negative force.

good post- I totally agree. He should be gone after this year. And granted, there are appropriate and inappropriate ways to deal with his frustration, but Moulds has dealt with 8 seasons of horrible QB and offensive play. He could have been one of the great ones if we had a consistent gunslinger in Buffalo while he was here, and he knows it.

TigerJ
10-03-2005, 10:56 AM
Fair enough. While I agree with Jan, he still has the potential to pe a physical receiver who can help Losman, he simply has not been the kind of difference maker the Bills are paying him to be. The money might well be better spent elsewhere.

BAM
10-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Give him an elite QB and he lights it up.

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2005, 11:00 AM
Give him an elite QB and he lights it up.
That's probably true. But we don't have one (yet) and the offense (and the offensive scheming) are terrible. Hence he needs to go. Win-win for the Bills and him.

BAM
10-03-2005, 11:05 AM
Not to mention Lee Evans lights it up too. I'm not saying dump JP or anything, but Evans should have at least 2 long touchdowns this year, that I've seen.

TacklingDummy
10-03-2005, 11:11 AM
Yeah dumps Moulds cause he has no one to throw him the ball.
Might as well dump Evans too since he doing just as poorly.

Is it their faults that thru 4 games not a single WR has a TD for the Bills?

And please this Parrish crap don't hold up any better. Like he would make a difference in the Bills passing game when the #1 and #2 reciever are not getting the ball.

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2005, 11:16 AM
Yeah dumps Moulds cause he has no one to throw him the ball.
Might as well dump Evans too since he doing just as poorly.
Apples and oranges.

Moulds: 10th year in the league.
Evans: 2nd year in the league.

Evans is young and not jaded, hence he can grow with the team as it rebuilds. The same is not true with Moulds.

BAM
10-03-2005, 11:18 AM
Not to mention Lee Evans lights it up too. I'm not saying dump JP or anything, but Evans should have at least 2 long touchdowns this year, that I've seen.
Moulds should have at least two as well. :(

L.A. Playa
10-03-2005, 11:21 AM
Bottom line is the Bills will do nothing with Moulds this year but because he cant put up the #'s to justify the huge contract he is definitel a cap casuality at the end of the year

TacklingDummy
10-03-2005, 11:23 AM
So the Bills are rebuilding?

I actually thought they would have a pretty darn good football team this year. Minus the QB. And I still think the Bills have a good football team this year, it's just they don't have a QB.

Even Boomer Esiason at halftime said the Bills have a good football team and its sad the QB is taking them down.

TacklingDummy
10-03-2005, 11:25 AM
Bottom line is the Bills will do nothing with Moulds this year but because he cant put up the #'s to justify the huge contract he is definitel a cap casuality at the end of the year

I agree. His #s will be piss poor if the Bills QB keeps playing the way he has been and Moulds will be cut because his #s will look so bad.

I hope he goes to someplace like Philly or Indy where they have a QB that can throw.

BAM
10-03-2005, 11:26 AM
Moulds & TO on the same squad would be nasty.

L.A. Playa
10-03-2005, 11:37 AM
Bottom line is Bledsoe wasnt the answer, neither is JP at this point and neither is Holcomb. The Bills OL isnt great but doing pretty good on the run especially considering that defenses are playing 8 in the box and the last 2 weeks Willis has gotten over 220 yards against a couple good front 7's. Whether its scheme or bad QB decisions the OL looks bad on pass plays, but the timing of pass plays is also questionable at best. On 4th and inches why not bring JP back in the game to do a QB sneak rather than a deep handoff to Willis?? There are alot of problems and it really seems to be more coaching and coaching scheme than personnel.

TacklingDummy
10-03-2005, 11:40 AM
On 4th and inches why not bring JP back in the game to do a QB sneak rather than a deep handoff to Willis?? .

Or why not do a sweep with McGahee and get him away from where everyone is stacked up.

L.A. Playa
10-03-2005, 11:42 AM
Or why not do a sweep with McGahee and get him away from where everyone is stacked up.

our creative coaches are using the gameplan that HEnry Winkler used in "the Waterboy"

L.A. Playa
10-03-2005, 11:43 AM
Visualize and attack J.P., Visualize and attack !!!

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 11:48 AM
Get rid of Moulds only when the season is a lost cause...until then you got to stay with him...who you going to replace him with?? Sam Aiken? Please stop.

frank74
10-03-2005, 12:21 PM
Moulds is done, he's been done for a couple years now. i love the guy, but his time has passed. he's not as fast anymore, he certainly is not a leader, and he doesn't get the ball thrown to him enough anyway, so it's time to move on. too much money.

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2005, 04:47 PM
Even Boomer Esiason at halftime said the Bills have a good football team and its sad the QB is taking them down.
That proves even more that the Bills are NOT a good football team. Boomer is a moron.

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2005, 04:50 PM
Get rid of Moulds only when the season is a lost cause...until then you got to stay with him...who you going to replace him with?? Sam Aiken? Please stop.
I agree with this, although we probably have very different opinions as to when this season is a lost cause. IMO, that time is now. However, I don't want to get rid of him just to get rid of him. We need something good in return. If there is a contender out there that needs a vet WR (like Philly), then make the trade for a draft pick or a good OL.

pleasesavedrew
10-03-2005, 05:02 PM
Thats ridiculos, Moulds is only not playing well cuz JP sucks, if he had a real qb he'd look a lot better.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 05:44 PM
There isn't anybody out there that could take on his cap space the way it is. Nobody would deal for a 32 year old WR that has never posted back to back 1,000 yard seasons, only 10 TD's in a season once and hasn't had 100 yard game in almost the equivalent of 1 full season.

Cry it's the QB's fault all you want but he was good enough to post 1,000+ yards with a QB one year but the next year he can't? I find that very odd.

Moulds isn't a playmaker anymore and he never was a TD maker like the top dogs are. He only has 6 TD's in his last 30 games.

Owens and Moss put up good numbers no matter who was the QB at the time for their team due to injuries or what not.

The Vikings used to bring in Frerotte and Todd Bouman and Moss would make THEM look good. They would put up huge numbers as long as the QB could get the ball around them.

Moulds simply doesn't make big plays anymore and he hasn't for a few years now. He was at his best a couple years before he got paid. Since then he has tailed off.

helmetguy
10-03-2005, 08:29 PM
I still say that Fassano and Samardjzia would look great in the red, White and Buffalo Blue.

ScottLawrence
10-03-2005, 09:39 PM
Im sure he'd be happier somewhere else.

Bert102176
10-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Moulds needs a QB that doesn't throw the ball 5 feet above his head Losman keeps throwing the ball way high to his WR's and is gonna get one of them Killed right now he reminds me of Rob Johnson can run but holds on to the ball to long

Bert102176
10-03-2005, 09:48 PM
JP needs someone to get in his face and ***** at him tell the kid how it is Like Eric Moulds someone on O needs to step up and say something

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 11:10 PM
I agree with this, although we probably have very different opinions as to when this season is a lost cause. IMO, that time is now. However, I don't want to get rid of him just to get rid of him. We need something good in return. If there is a contender out there that needs a vet WR (like Philly), then make the trade for a draft pick or a good OL.

season is over if they don't win the next two games.

There isn't anybody out there that could take on his cap space the way it is. Nobody would deal for a 32 year old WR that has never posted back to back 1,000 yard seasons, only 10 TD's in a season once and hasn't had 100 yard game in almost the equivalent of 1 full season.

That's not true...trade him now and his salary looks like this:
2005 $1,175,000
2006 $6,089,000
2007 $7,250,000

Moulds suffered last year because Evans became the focus. This year you could put the blame on JP. Also...that's not a lot of money...the contract could be redone in a bunch of ways and a guy like Moulds could always take a pay cut to stay with a contender...it would also save the Bills over $4 mil next year...there is no obstacle to trading him.

SeatownBillsFan21
10-03-2005, 11:41 PM
you cant blame Eric 4 JPs terrible play its not him its our QB point the finger @ some1 else you got it wrong buddy moulds is a good WR so complain about the play of jp hes the one not doing his job its sad to see that Eric is getting the blame when we all no its the QB who has to get him the ball to put upo the numbers we all no he capable of doing ITS NOT HIS FAULT and you no his man

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2005, 11:54 PM
That's not true...trade him now and his salary looks like this:
2005 $1,175,000
2006 $6,089,000
2007 $7,250,000

Moulds suffered last year because Evans became the focus. This year you could put the blame on JP. Also...that's not a lot of money...the contract could be redone in a bunch of ways and a guy like Moulds could always take a pay cut to stay with a contender...it would also save the Bills over $4 mil next year...there is no obstacle to trading him.
Very informative. :up:

Good to know money wouldn't be a barrier...but the question is who would take him and what could we get?

Mr. Cynical
10-03-2005, 11:55 PM
Owens and Moss put up good numbers no matter who was the QB at the time for their team due to injuries or what not.

The Vikings used to bring in Frerotte and Todd Bouman and Moss would make THEM look good. They would put up huge numbers as long as the QB could get the ball around them.
Great points.

JD
10-04-2005, 12:06 AM

He can't do much when he doesnt get the ball in his hands, am I right?

Mr. Cynical
10-04-2005, 12:10 AM
He can't do much when he doesnt get the ball in his hands, am I right?
Read the posts in this thread. Already explained.

Ebenezer
10-04-2005, 08:22 AM
Very informative. :up:

Good to know money wouldn't be a barrier...but the question is who would take him and what could we get?
Good question....I'm a money man not a personal guy...TD got a 3rd for Henry...that should mean that Moulds is worth at least a 2nd.

Spiderweb
10-04-2005, 11:11 AM
Wow.....almost everyone in this thread has missed the point regarding Moulds production. Sure, I agree he's lost a step and it sure does seem that since his groin injury two years ago, he's not been able to regain the pop, the explosion that allowed him to get behind defenders. yet while Moulds was quick, he's never been Steve Smith, or Lee Evans fast. Moulds also has never been the worlds best route technician either.

However, he is a physically strong receiver with ability to make unbelieveable catches. He needs a QB with faith in him that even if he's not wide open, he can go get the ball given a reasonable shot at it. Flutie (this may be a mistake mentioning this name) had that faith in Eric. Bledsoe did , but to a lesser degree. RJ didn't and JP so far haven't found that comfort zone. Couple this with what the Saints D called a highly predictable offense, and what we get now is what we are seeing. Offenses need to be able to run considerably different plays from the same set. We have not been doing this. Frankly, we've been watching dumbed down offenses (last year for Bledsoe) and now for JP and it's taking it's toll.

Two things must happen. The offense has to open up and be far less predictable. The O-line has to step it up. 3rd and six inches, only to end up turning it over on downs, is ridiculous. Lastly, JP must settle down and begin to make accurate throws. Even in camp, he was inconsistent. He makes the great throw, threading that old needle, then his next 4-5 passes are high, low or wide, and often not by a small margin.

The problem isn't just with Moulds either, Evans has been not existent as well. Against the Texans, we went to Campbell a few times early, but since then our TE's may as well not even suit up. Everett looked in camp as a possible threat, yet like Parrish, he got hurt before the season began, and in practice to boot. Those could have been nice additions.

Open up the offense a bit. Stop being so darned predictable, and pray to the football Gods that JP discovers a bit of accuracy before the season ends up flushed down the toilet. While the book is still open on JP, he has to date resembled Gary Marangi far more than Favre to whom many compared him to since coming out of college.

Wyche - You still have a lot of work ahead of you. I hope you're up to the task.

Clements - Get your head out of your a....

Mr. Cynical
11-23-2005, 08:55 PM

I still think this holds true.