PDA

View Full Version : Great Quote about Losman from TSN

Meathead
10-03-2005, 11:24 AM
J.P. Losman, QB (rank: 24) - Bills

After Sunday's game, coach Mike Mularkey said he is sticking with Losman as the Bills' starting QB. Losman was benched in the fourth quarter of Week 4, and calling him ineffective would be a huge understatement.

We expected some growing pains, but this is more like torture. Losman shouldn't be anywhere near a starting lineup.

And they're not even fans of the team. lol

Mudflap1
10-03-2005, 11:27 AM
That basically says it all. He makes Kyle Boller look like Jim Kelly.

Jon

BAM
10-03-2005, 11:33 AM
True dat.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2005, 11:55 AM
After sitting all last season, JP doesn't need to sit again. I still can't figure out how you really learn to play in the NFL without playing.

BAM
10-03-2005, 12:00 PM
They got them Madden games and stuff. That's how I learned.

Jan Reimers
10-03-2005, 12:02 PM
They got them Madden games and stuff. That's how I learned.
Thanks, BAM. That explains it. :lmao:

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 12:35 PM
I guess we would be 4-0 with Bledsoe? The great Bledsoe only has 1 more win right now. Lets see how the Cowboys finish the season out.

Bledsoe was terrible yesterday. 11-26, 4 sacks, 1 INT and had a chance to win the game at the end.

Bledsoe was uninspired when he was here. He didn't have any success and wouldn't have solved any of our problems.

Our 9 wins last year was against teams with combined wins of a little over 50 games. We beat up on a bunch of scrubs.

Miami- 4 wins(twice)
Cleveland- 3 wins
San Fran- 2 wins
Arizona- 6 wins
Seattle- 9 wins
Jets- 10
Rams- 8
Cinci- 8

4 of our wins came against lame duck coaches and teams who ALL have a new HC this year. They all had a Top 10 draft pick.

Seattle and St.Louis were on losing streaks. Cinci didn't have Palmer and was average as it was. We also had 22 TO's forced on defense during a 6 game span.

Our only impressive win was against the Jets.

So you're trying to say that with a team that lost starters like Jennings, Williams and Spikes we could replace them chumps we beat up on with teams like KC, San Diego, Carolina, Atlanta and Tampa Bay, along with a tougher Miami team this year?

If we had a schedule like that last year we might've won 6 games if we were lucky.

Quit being a blind kool aid drinking fan. We were not very good last year. We beat up on some lame duck teams and lame duck coaches. All that and 3 key starters that were never replaced.

Beating up on some chumps made too many people believe we were an elite team when we wern't.

We had a chance to show what we could do Week 17 and lost to a bunch of backups. If we played a ton of lame duck coaches and teams at the end of the year this year like last year we'd win 9 games again. Instead we play some of the best teams in the league towards the end of the year.

Bledsoe wasn't any better through the first half of the year when we played tough teams like Baltimore, Jags and of course New England.

Bledsoe had 4 INT's and under 100 yards vs. Baltimore. How can you forget
We scored 51 points through our first 4 games last year and 2 of them were against playoff teams. We have scored 48 points through 4 games this year against a guranteed 2 playoff teams. Where is the improvement? In fact it's worse with all the TO's.

We lost two games 13-10, one 16-14 and another one 31-17 due to Bledsoe's 4 TO's. Bledsoe was terrible and that helped out to an 0-4 start with a defense playing good.

This year Losman has been bad with a defense who has been bad which has lead to a 1-3 start.

It wasn't till midseason when we started playing the chumps and our defense had 4 TO's and a score almost every game along with multiple ST's TD's that we started winning.

In most of them wins like Cleveland, Arizona and Seattle where he barely broke 100 yards and/or had multiple TO's. Our defense just flat out killed them teams and McGahee was running wild.

It's even sad we're comparing a 12 year vet at the time to a 1st year starter.

The truth hurts but it's the cold hard facts. Put down the kool aid and blinders and sit back and think about the teams we played along with how Bledsoe and our defense played during them wins along with the terrible games Bledsoe had against the Raiders, 2 New England games, Ravens and Pittsburgh. He had about 12 TO's through them games alone. Remember his fumble when we were going in to tie the game that got taken back the other way against the Patriots the first game?

We lost our first 4 games where Bledsoe was terrible and had about 6 TO's. Then we beat the terrible Dolphins. Then got smoked against the Ravens where Bledsoe had 4 more TO's.

Then we beat up on Arizona where Bledsoe through for about 100 yards and then beat the Jets. Then he got smoked again against New England where he had 3 INT's a fumble and about 50 yards passing. Remember the Troy Brown INT?

Then Bledsoe played average and we beat the Rams when the defense went crazy again.

Next up our defense killed the Seahawks and we won despite Bledsoe's 3 INT's.

Then he finally had a great game against Miami and we won.

Then we held Cleveland to under 50 yards and kicked their ass despite the fact Bledsoe completed less than half his passes for barely over 100 yards.

Then we had a John Kitna lead Bengals where our defense killed him too. Bledsoe was decent in that game.

After that we killed the worst team in the league the 49ers and Drew had his best game of the year.

Then the great Pittsburgh game against a bunch of backups where Bledsoe fumbled twice along with an INT and was terrible. The clincher was his fumble that went back for a TD. His other fumbled lead to points too.

Does this sound like a theme going on here? But hey Bledsoe played great as long as you wore the blinders and drank the red and blue kool aid.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 12:43 PM
And that was our season in nutshell.

Last year when a 12 year vet was terrible his fans said it wasn't his fault. Now when Losman a 1st year starter starts off just as bad it's all his fault.

It was the lines fault. Our defense didn't give us a chance is 13-10 losses. Our WR's sucked. Mularkey was a new coach, blah blah.

It's funny how people's opinion change depending on what they believe.

I believe the same though. Bledsoe's bad play lead to a lot of our problems the same the Losman's play has this year. The difference is 11 years of experience and one QB who could be good in the short future and another one who is old with no future.

We don't have a ton of chumps to beat up on at the end of this year either add in the fact our defense lost two of it's best players and they're not causing TO's leaves us with about 6 wins instead of 9 like last year.

Without a bunch of chumps on our schedule that's all we would've won last year too.

Mudflap1
10-03-2005, 12:46 PM
Uhhh, people were pretty much blaming Drew for most of our problems last year from what I saw......

Jon

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 12:47 PM
J.P. Losman, QB (rank: 24) - Bills

What was Bledsoe's ranking last year? I believe it was about 26th. I forgot though that it wasn't his fault, it's a team game and stats doesn't matter according to his fans. I guess it does this year though. :scratch:

This year all of a sudden it's one persons fault and stats do matter. What a difference a year makes.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Uhhh, people were pretty much blaming Drew for most of our problems last year from what I saw......

Jon
Depends on who it was. His fans said it was everyone but his. Now this year it's only JP and nobody else is to blame.

dannyek71
10-03-2005, 12:49 PM
Eli Manning 2004 stats

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class="cnnSmall cnnNoBold cnnHeader"><TD class=cnnLeft>Year</TD><TD>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>Cmp</TD><TD>Att</TD><TD>Pct</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Yds/Att</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Sck</TD><TD>Rtg</TD></TR><TR class="cnnData2 cnnNoWrap"><TD>2004</TD><TD>NYG</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>95</TD><TD>197</TD><TD>48.2</TD><TD>1043</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>55.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

JPS stats thus far:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 vAlign=top><TH>Year</TH><TH>Team</TH><TH>G</TH><TH>GS</TH><TH>Att</TH><TH>Comp</TH><TH>Pct</TH><TH>Yards</TH><TH>YPA</TH><TH>Lg</TH><TH>TD</TH><TH>Int</TH><TH>Tkld</TH><TH>20+</TH><TH>40+</TH><TH>Rate</TH></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>2004</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>60.0</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>6.40</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1/0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>2005</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>94</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>47.9</TD><TD>433</TD><TD>4.61</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10/87</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>55.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not much difference for me. JP needs a chance. We all knew he'd have growing pains.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 12:50 PM
Our problems last year were mostly Bledsoe's fault from bad play on the field, the same as it is with JP's so far. At least JP has a chance to improve where Bledsoe had already proven himself.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 12:52 PM
Eli Manning 2004 stats

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class="cnnSmall cnnNoBold cnnHeader"><TD class=cnnLeft>Year</TD><TD>Team</TD><TD>G</TD><TD>Cmp</TD><TD>Att</TD><TD>Pct</TD><TD>Yds</TD><TD>Yds/Att</TD><TD>TD</TD><TD>Int</TD><TD>Sck</TD><TD>Rtg</TD></TR><TR class="cnnData2 cnnNoWrap"><TD>2004</TD><TD>NYG</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>95</TD><TD>197</TD><TD>48.2</TD><TD>1043</TD><TD>5.3</TD><TD>6</TD><TD>9</TD><TD>13</TD><TD>55.5</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

JPS stats thus far:

<TABLE cellSpacing=1 cellPadding=1 width="100%" border=0><TBODY><TR class=bg1 vAlign=top><TH>Year</TH><TH>Team</TH><TH>G</TH><TH>GS</TH><TH>Att</TH><TH>Comp</TH><TH>Pct</TH><TH>Yards</TH><TH>YPA</TH><TH>Lg</TH><TH>TD</TH><TH>Int</TH><TH>Tkld</TH><TH>20+</TH><TH>40+</TH><TH>Rate</TH></TR><TR class=bg2><TD>2004</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>5</TD><TD>3</TD><TD>60.0</TD><TD>32</TD><TD>6.40</TD><TD>17</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>1/0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD>0</TD><TD></TD></TR><TR class=bg3><TD>2005</TD><TD>Buffalo Bills</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>4</TD><TD>94</TD><TD>45</TD><TD>47.9</TD><TD>433</TD><TD>4.61</TD><TD>42</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>10/87</TD><TD>2</TD><TD>1</TD><TD>55.9</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Not much difference for me. JP needs a chance. We all knew he'd have growing pains.
Not the Bledsoe fans who are still whining. They expected him to step in and be Peyton Manning even though Bledsoe was playing like a 1st year starter in his 12 year.

Sometimes it seems like some of these guys are more of Drew Bledsoe supporters then Bills supporters.

Touborg
10-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Eli Manning 2004 stats

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="cnnSmall cnnNoBold cnnHeader"><td class="cnnLeft">Year</td><td>Team</td><td>G</td><td>Cmp</td><td>Att</td><td>Pct</td><td>Yds</td><td>Yds/Att</td><td>TD</td><td>Int</td><td>Sck</td><td>Rtg</td></tr><tr class="cnnData2 cnnNoWrap"><td>2004</td><td>NYG</td><td>9</td><td>95</td><td>197</td><td>48.2</td><td>1043</td><td>5.3</td><td>6</td><td>9</td><td>13</td><td>55.5</td></tr></tbody></table>

JPS stats thus far:

<table border="0" cellpadding="1" cellspacing="1" width="100%"><tbody><tr class="bg1" valign="top"><th>Year</th><th>Team</th><th>G</th><th>GS</th><th>Att</th><th>Comp</th><th>Pct</th><th>Yards</th><th>YPA</th><th>Lg</th><th>TD</th><th>Int</th><th>Tkld</th><th>20+</th><th>40+</th><th>Rate</th></tr><tr class="bg2"><td>2004</td><td>Buffalo Bills</td><td>4</td><td>0</td><td>5</td><td>3</td><td>60.0</td><td>32</td><td>6.40</td><td>17</td><td>0</td><td>1</td><td>1/0</td><td>0</td><td>0</td><td>
</td></tr><tr class="bg3"><td>2005</td><td>Buffalo Bills</td><td>4</td><td>4</td><td>94</td><td>45</td><td>47.9</td><td>433</td><td>4.61</td><td>42</td><td>1</td><td>2</td><td>10/87</td><td>2</td><td>1</td><td>55.9</td></tr></tbody></table>

I agree that you can't judge JP yet, he needs an entire year or two, but I don't think that's a realistic comparison. You're taking Mannings first year in the league and comparing it with Losmans 2nd. They've been in the league for the exact amount of time.

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2005, 12:57 PM
Not the Bledsoe fans who are still whining. They expected him to step in and be Peyton Manning even though Bledsoe was playing like a 1st year starter in his 12 year.

Sometimes it seems like some of these guys are more of Drew Bledsoe supporters then Bills supporters.
What a stupid comment. NOBODY here doesn't want the Bills to win. Just because some people think the team is better off with Drew than it is with Losman this season, that doesn't make them supporters of Bledsoe more than they support the Bills. A lot of fans are sick and tired of losing, myself included. To be honest, this team would be better off with anyone at QB, not just Bledsoe. We all know there is a light at the end of the tunnel (hope there is, anyways) the problem is, the tunnel gets longer every season, not shorter. Please don't ever say that someone is a supporter of a player more than a team, it's insulting to me, and every other Bills fan in here.