X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • osos
    • Feb 2005

JP Actual Situation

At this point we have a young QB who is raw and is struggling to make plays, we knew this would happened from the beginning. It was almost impossible to have a QB like Ben's type, so lets keep the calm, and face that this is a learning season for him.

As so many said before, lets the JP´s era begin, and this era has already began in this season, the only thing, is that all the great QB in the past had some big growing pains (except big Ben last season obviously), but if you remember Peytong ( 3- 13 record in his first season with the Colts ), what about his brother Eli last year, remember Palmer last season, and look at them at this point, it's all about the learning curve.

JP has the talent and tools to be a great QB next year, lets not give up on him, lets support him as fans, and I sure you, that next season we will be a great team.

Don't start with Holcomb idea, if we put this guy in the starting line up, this just will affect JP´s confident and the whole process.
  • Jan Reimers
    Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
    • May 2003

Re: JP Actual Situation

With me, you're preaching to the choir.
    Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• matso
      • Oct 2005

I agree that he is going to have his rookie mistakes, but with the hype the team had coming in, everyone felt as if J.P. was an improvement from Drew. It's just heartaching when it seems as if everyone predicts this psuedo-Big Ben type year and then all the assets that were suppose to support Losman (O-Line, Defense) essentially collapse in the first four weeks. I agree that our O-Line is having a hard time protecting him and our D is not giving the best of field position, but it seems he's getting everything rolling, we stop. I don't like to point fingers, but the Offensive Coordinator/Mularky need to run Willis much, much more in order to open up the passing game.

Those are my debuting 2 cents. Take care. Hopefully I can withstand another tumultuous year with these Bills.

-Matt

Comment

• osos
        • Feb 2005

Originally posted by matso
        I agree that he is going to have his rookie mistakes, but with the hype the team had coming in, everyone felt as if J.P. was an improvement from Drew. It's just heartaching when it seems as if everyone predicts this psuedo-Big Ben type year and then all the assets that were suppose to support Losman (O-Line, Defense) essentially collapse in the first four weeks. I agree that our O-Line is having a hard time protecting him and our D is not giving the best of field position, but it seems he's getting everything rolling, we stop. I don't like to point fingers, but the Offensive Coordinator/Mularky need to run Willis much, much more in order to open up the passing game.

Those are my debuting 2 cents. Take care. Hopefully I can withstand another tumultuous year with these Bills.

-Matt
        It´s obviously a heartbreak to have a team who merely miss the playoffs last season, and had one of the greatest D that I ever seen, and now we have a probable a 3-13 team with no D and no OF at all, with a raw QB, with no passing rush, no OF production at all, no sacks etc......

but I really think if we let JP develop this season, we will be great next season in an overall team. Just imagine, JP more confident and more aware of all situations, with more experience.

let us leave JP learn from his growing pains ...... and have a real QB for the future

Comment

• Mudflap1
          Next Question!
          • Nov 2004

Three-plus seasons into his NFL career, there are still more questions than answers surrounding Joey Harrington.

Read this. This is our fear. When is the cutoff point for this guy?

The fact is Losman will play this year. We have no choice. The organization made their decision back in February. We have no legit veteran who can come in and save the day. Holcomb is alright, but he's not a Drew Brees or something where he's suddenly going to come of age and light it up. Holcomb is insurance.

Jon

Comment

• osos
            • Feb 2005

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/column...len&id=2179550

Read this. This is our fear. When is the cutoff point for this guy?

The fact is Losman will play this year. We have no choice. The organization made their decision back in February. We have no legit veteran who can come in and save the day. Holcomb is alright, but he's not a Drew Brees or something where he's suddenly going to come of age and light it up. Holcomb is insurance.

Jon
            " "It's time for Buffalo to put [quarterback J.P.] Losman on the bench for a game or two. I know, [coach] Mike Mularkey said he's probably going to stick with him, but the kid needs to stand on the sideline and observe, and learn a little bit. He's missing receivers because he's not going through his progressions all the way, and pulling down the ball and running. He'll make some plays with his feet but he's missing too many plays in the passing game. And as one of your [scouts] said last week, you aren't going to win many games throwing for 100 yards in this league."

I really don´t think that this is the right way to go at this point for JP, if you bench him now, he will not have any playing time, and the BEST way he could learn how to play in this hard league is by playing in games ....

You just have to see that he doesn´t have any experience by reading the defense, and looking for different WR´s by staying in the pocket, he just goes out there and if he feels some rushing by the D, he will go out and start running like a College boy, he is really raw, but believe me he will be succesful, just like Palmer. he just need some time to learn

Just keep the faith and start the guy

Comment

• osos
              • Feb 2005

just stick with the guy and we will thank it tomorrow

Comment

Working...
              X