• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • im4bflo
    the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
    • Sep 2003

I blame the O-LINE

The D line didn't show much either, but the O-line HAS, IS, and WILL be our biggest problem, until it is fixed, every part of the game suffers.
    We're not getting the holes less skilled backs get, to have the awesome running game we (should) have, and our QB's have been sacked or had to run for their lives for years now. Look at the time the other teams QB has compaired to ours, changing QB's (for a spark) isn't working, because it's the line. And injuries is an excuse, everyone has injuries.
    When the lines play well, WE WIN, it's obvious to me. GO BILLS! JPD
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: I blame the O-LINE

Trey Teague sucks and needs to go!

God, I really really really really miss Kent Hull. We havent had a good center since he was here.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
      Knows More Than You
      • Feb 2004

Bennie Anderson is horrible too. We have no depth at all, to even make some changes in the lineup and challenge these guys. Starting Justin geisinger to get through to villerial or jason peters for williams is asinie.

Greg Jerman sucks....why is he using up a roster spot???
      BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Italian Stallion
        Knows More Than You
        • Feb 2004

i HATE our oline
        BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• im4bflo
          the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
          • Sep 2003

Our depth at o-line is scary, are any starters coming back for next week?

Comment

• im4bflo
            the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
            • Sep 2003

Don't you think it's the line?

Comment

• dominizzo
              • Sep 2005

bills oline is hideous....JT and zach are gonna have a big day on sunday

RONNIE BROWN WILL RUN OVER THE NFL GO H2

Comment

• im4bflo
                the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                • Sep 2003

Originally posted by dominizzo
                bills oline is hideous....JT and zach are gonna have a big day on sunday
                Yeah, just like last year :snicker2:

Comment

• Griz78
                  • Sep 2002

One of the problems with our line is that they are all run blockers. Mike Williams, always hear he is a dominant run blocker. When the Bills signed Villarrial, all I heard was he is a solid run blocker. Bennie Adnderson, touted as a road grader. Granted our run game is pretty solid, but it just seems these guys are too one-dimensional.
                  We should have kept Tucker, he brought toughness last year.

Comment

• Bert102176
                    • Aug 2002

Mikey I have said for 2 years now that Trey needs to go
                    lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• Bert102176
                      • Aug 2002

but you can't put all the blame on the OL cause JP has been holding on to the ball way too long plus the OC Clements sucks they need better play calling
                      lets go BUFFALO lets go BUFFALO

Comment

• im4bflo
                        the EPITOMY of PATHETIC
                        • Sep 2003

Originally posted by Bert102176
                        but you can't put all the blame on the OL cause JP has been holding on to the ball way too long plus the OC Clements sucks they need better play calling
                        I didn't thing he had much time at all, most of the time, this Sun.
                        And when he did, no one seemed to be open, and he did hold the ball long.
                        But he was getting chased, and they were in our backfield way too soon, to let any QB get into any rhythm.

Comment

• Throne Logic
                          Terry Tate - Outside Linebacker
                          • Aug 2002

Originally posted by im4bflo
                          The D line didn't show much either, but the O-line HAS, IS, and WILL be our biggest problem, until it is fixed, every part of the game suffers.
                          We're not getting the holes less skilled backs get, to have the awesome running game we (should) have, and our QB's have been sacked or had to run for their lives for years now. Look at the time the other teams QB has compaired to ours, changing QB's (for a spark) isn't working, because it's the line. And injuries is an excuse, everyone has injuries.
                          When the lines play well, WE WIN, it's obvious to me. GO BILLS! JPD
                          Been my mantra for more years than I care to remember at this point. . .

Everything strarts in the trenches. Skill players can't showcase their skills without the backbone formed by the linemen.

Things won't change in Buffalo until the lines perform better. I believe the personel exit on defense to make it happen - they just need to figure out how to pressure QB's on 3rd down. I'm not at all sold on the O-Line talent.
                          Still searching for that offensive rhythm.

Comment

• ParanoidAndroid
                            My battery is low and it's getting dark.
                            • Apr 2004

I think Mike Gandy has looked good so far and Villarreal is holding his own, but other than those two, the line has been playing poorly. Teague was fooled by stunts and looked lost a couple of times when there seemed to be no one to engage as the end was running by him.

That said, JP isn't making things any easier. I remember at least two times when Jerman actually had his man and there was a good pocket to operate in. Instead of stepping up when he couldn't find an open receiver at first, he rolled out right into the rush.

So far, I'm not impressed by JP's instincts. Yes, it's early, but either you have it or you don't. If his play continues this way for much longer, I'm going to be one of the people calling for Holcomb. For now, I say stick with him.

Comment

• vicmantak
                              • Jun 2005

I would say blame the F-OFFICE.

Unfortunately, this season started sorely wrong when they decided to keep their frequently out powered Teague at center and then, add Bennie Anderson... someone who was nothing special on the right side to play a more vital side... knowing that they lost their starting LT and that they made plans to start a developing QB.

On the other hand, if Bills had some issues with Williams cap, mobility and leadership... believe me that moving him to guard would have been the perfect fit to his 7.6 million, 6-6, 360 frame.
                              IMO it would have been much better to see Teague returning to his LT spot, move Williams to play LG and start Gandy to fill this right spot from the beginning.
                              At least, this movements would have allowed Bills to explode their own strengnesses.

In summary, Bills OL truth is three very average and apoptotic veterans on clear decline (Teague, Villarial and Anderson) + one unachieved and overpaid "propect" (Williams) + one newcomer tackle protecting the blind side (Gandy).

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                              - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

Working...
                              X