PDA

View Full Version : So...the fans get their wish and TD is fired...

Ebenezer
10-03-2005, 02:03 PM
In what season will the Bills make the playoffs? Also, who do you replace him with - legit names only.

Whether TD is fired or not...when do the Bills next make the playoffs?

pintonick96
10-03-2005, 02:06 PM
We fire him and we start back at square 1. Back at rebuilding. Seriously, shut up and let the team play. They'll surprise some of you.

Mudflap1
10-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Pick one of the personnel men from the Eagles or Patriots. They manage the cap, draft well, sign good veteran free agents without breaking the bank, and WIN!

The Bills will then make the playoffs either next season, or the season after that, at worst. It depends on the QB situation (does Losman improve? Do they bring in a veteran, another young QB?) and the offensive line.

Jon

Captain Obvious
10-03-2005, 02:10 PM
In what season will the Bills make the playoffs? Also, who do you replace him with - legit names only.

I said this in another post and I'll say it again. If TD gets poop-canned, how about Tom Heckert-Vice-President of Player Personnel- Philadelphis Eagles. Next to NE are the Eagles not the 2nd best run organization in the NFL? Who can argue with the job he has done helping the Eagles evaluate talent and managing the salary cap?

The bills could make it to the playoffs next year. !)J.P. gets thru his learning curve this year? 2) possible weak schedule next year? 3) Thru the draft or FA, the bills address the OL line and DL line?

OpIv37
10-03-2005, 02:11 PM
Honestly I don't know who I'd replace him with, but I would suggest someone from the front office of the Colts, Patriots, or Eagles. Those teams have been consistent contenders for the last several years and seem to really know what they're doing.

As far as making the playoffs, I don't think we're that far off. The running game is there and I think the receivers are too- so we either need JP to start playing like a real QB, or we need to get a real QB, and that would be up to the coach's and the GM's discretion. On defense, we need a solid run-stuffer on the D line and some safety help because Milloy and Vincent are getting old and Greer can't seem to get it done. Also, find a way to keep Nate Clements.

If TD is gone, a new GM would also probably bring in a new HC and staff. Given the players need a year or so to adjust, I think two years out is not unlikely, assuming the things I mentioned above are done successfully.

So, if TD's gone now, I say it's possible to make the playoffs in 2007.

FinNasty23
10-03-2005, 02:16 PM
So you guys are lynching TD now? What happened? You guys were prasing this guy a couple of months ago... What has he done since that has so drastically changed your guys view of him? or is it just the 1-3 record? (Completely not talkin s**t... just curious)

Nasty

dominizzo
10-03-2005, 02:18 PM

It's going to be tough for buffalo to contend the next 3 or so. The dolphins are up and coming. The pats are always goign to be in the mix with brady and bellechek. And the jets will be better next year when they address the QB position. This league is always surprising but based on your franchise dismal history it's not looking good right now especially since you invested so much money in a first round bust qb:horror:

Mudflap1
10-03-2005, 02:18 PM
Tom Heckert -- great choice!

As far as making the playoffs, I don't think we're that far off. The running game is there and I think the receivers are too- so we either need JP to start playing like a real QB, or we need to get a real QB, and that would be up to the coach's and the GM's discretion. On defense, we need a solid run-stuffer on the D line and some safety help because Milloy and Vincent are getting old and Greer can't seem to get it done. Also, find a way to keep Nate Clements.
Great points.

The bills could make it to the playoffs next year. !)J.P. gets thru his learning curve this year? 2) possible weak schedule next year? 3) Thru the draft or FA, the bills address the OL line and DL line?
Agree 100%. Also, let's start talking it's not "if", but "when" Tom Donahoe gets fired. If we start to believe it, it may in fact come true. A head coach may or may not be likely, depending on how the group we've got plays this season out. If they can muster up some resolve and get this team playing again, I would consider keeping them. They're gonna have to do better than 6-10 though, and probably should be 8-8 or better. Plug in a couple guys on defense, start creating a real offensive line, see if J.P. develops (if he doesn't, bring in a real QB), and we're there! A tight end would be good too. What happened to Everett? Is he out for the year?

Jon

Mudflap1
10-03-2005, 02:21 PM
It's going to be tough for buffalo to contend the next 3 or so. The dolphins are up and coming. The pats are always goign to be in the mix with brady and bellechek. And the jets will be better next year when they address the QB position. This league is always surprising but based on your franchise dismal history it's not looking good right now especially since you invested so much money in a first round bust qb:horror:<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->
Sounds a lot like the Carp-talk of the late 80s and 90s. You creeps still found a way to make it in the playoffs, didn't you?

Most importantly, we can't worry about what the other douche bags in our division are up to, we need to worry about ourselves first. We have the talent, if we can plug some holes and right the ship from the inside, you'll be the ones worrying about us.

Jon

Captain Obvious
10-03-2005, 02:23 PM
It's going to be tough for buffalo to contend the next 3 or so. The dolphins are up and coming. The pats are always goign to be in the mix with brady and bellechek. And the jets will be better next year when they address the QB position. This league is always surprising but based on your franchise dismal history it's not looking good right now especially since you invested so much money in a first round bust qb:horror:
Yeah the phins are up and coming............with Gus Frerotte a 34 year old journeyman QB.

Historian
10-03-2005, 02:24 PM
who do you replace him with - legit names only.

FootballHottie

Captain Obvious
10-03-2005, 02:27 PM
Tom Heckert -- great choice!

Great points.

Agree 100%. Also, let's start talking it's not "if", but "when" Tom Donahoe gets fired. If we start to believe it, it may in fact come true. A head coach may or may not be likely, depending on how the group we've got plays this season out. If they can muster up some resolve and get this team playing again, I would consider keeping them. They're gonna have to do better than 6-10 though, and probably should be 8-8 or better. Plug in a couple guys on defense, start creating a real offensive line, see if J.P. develops (if he doesn't, bring in a real QB), and we're there! A tight end would be good too. What happened to Everett? Is he out for the year?

Jon
I don't think were getting anything out of Everett this year. When healthy, hes faster than Campbell or Neufeld? marginal TEs. Will have to find out next year how much he can bring to the table.

justasportsfan
10-03-2005, 02:28 PM
CHarlie Weis.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 02:29 PM
TD has made good player moves but terrible coaching moves. If he can't hire a good coach then it's all for nothing.

All we need is a real coach and this team would be good. I'm not calling for his head but I'm not happy with the situation.

You sound like somebody who is afraid of change, Eb. Sounds like you would rather be mediocre every year hoping something will finally turn around then changing things up and trying to get better.

Finally, we don't work in the NFL. We don't know the word around the league of which people are the ones with a promising future. We don't get paid to make them decisions and don't have access to the inside information.

There are a lot of good future GM's/coaches out there that we don't know about that people within the NFL would know about.

I remember some people calling Atlanta stupid for hiring Jim Mora Jr. from a terrible team who's defense wasn't spectacular to begin with. Look how that decision turned out for them.

Some people are leaders and some are followers. Even in the workforce I have seen some people who were great as a regular laborer but when they get promoted to being a leader(boss) they wern't cut out for it. Then I have seen other people who wasn't anything special as a laborer but they make a good boss. And then I've met some people who are just afraid of change and would rather stick with something that isn't working instead of changing and trying to get better. It might work out or it might not but there is no reason for sticking with something that hasn't worked for years.

You can't be afraid to change something that isn't working for fear of taking a step back. You gotta look at it as a possible chance to move foward further then you already are.

Who wants to be mediocre forever? What good does it do just to be average every year? Sometimes you gotta take chances or take a step back to move 2 steps foward.

BAM
10-03-2005, 02:30 PM
May want to put an IF in front of the title of this thread.

I nearly shat myself when I read it. It's a bit misleading. :D

HAMMER
10-03-2005, 03:38 PM
Not many QB's have had success in their first year on the field, one can hardly project Losman as a bust at this point. But go ahead and show your ignorance if you must.

don137
10-03-2005, 03:51 PM
:lmao: The Dolphins are up and coming...They win two games at home in the September heat and you think they are up and coming. Your football knowledge and homerism comes shining through. Thanks for the laugh...

TheGhostofJimKelly
10-03-2005, 03:54 PM
TD will not be fired. If anything he will just assume the role as the team president and hire a GM. Didn't he offer the job to Modrak a few times and was turned down?

Mudflap1
10-03-2005, 04:10 PM
Donahoe will be fired if this team is 5-11 or worse. He should be fired no matter what.

Jon

helmetguy
10-03-2005, 04:34 PM
What more can TD actually do? Or another prospective GM, for that matter? In terms of nearly immediate success, that is. If TD is the incompetent that many think he is, does that imply that he only brought in players nobody else wanted? Spikes? Fletcher? Malloy? Should we assume that every player TD drafted would have gone undrafted if not for TD selecting them?

I've said numerous times before that I was less than thrilled with Gregg Williams' hiring. At the time, the excitement of his hire was more of an "anybody but Wade" kind of enthusiasm. Williams sucked most of us in with a fin win turnaround in his second year; only to burn up on re-entry. In his first year, Mularkey was a game better than Williams' BEST year here-eventually.

I find it hard to believe TD is so completely clueless as is being implied here. I'll leave it up to the draft analysts of the board in comparing where TD's draft picks were selected in comparison to where they were projected. Case in point-J.P. Losman. Had TD not traded up, wasn't it the considered opinion of most draft experts that GB would have taken him with THEIR first round pick?

I'm sure TD was stung by the fiasco the Williams years ended up being. Judging from the quote that has been circulating ("Everyone's on thin ice..." or words to that affect) it would appear TD is as frustrated as anyone that his hires aren't living up to the expectations for which they were hired. I would say it is high time for the so-called "sacred cows" start showing some leadership on the field, quit showboating for doing what they are supposed to do, and do what they were hired to do-win football games.

footballhottie
10-08-2005, 10:34 PM
FootballHottie What a geat idea!!!!

hammerbillsfan
10-08-2005, 10:37 PM
What a geat idea!!!!
See ya tomorrow! :squish:

footballhottie
10-08-2005, 10:39 PM
hmmmm me a GM....:dream: I'll take it!

colin
10-09-2005, 07:59 AM
i don't think the changes this team needs requires getting rid of TD.

we need a few interior linemen and some safties to develope.

we have a young QB in losman, and if he continues to suck ass we could use KH, or find someone else.

Mr. Cynical
10-09-2005, 09:54 AM
This question has already been answered in other threads...

http://www.billszone.com/fanzone/showthread.php?t=82404

jonah7777
10-09-2005, 10:13 AM
Donahoe will be fired if this team is 5-11 or worse. He should be fired no matter what.

Jon

ralph loves tom he is cheap

he will be GM till ralph dies.