PDA

View Full Version : Why is everyone acting like the Saints are a big joke of a team?

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 02:10 PM
They aren't any better then we are. They were 8-8 last year and we were 9-7 and they actually beat a few good teams unlike we did.

They beat Carolina opening day and then spanked us. We beat the freaking Texans. Wohoo.

Try traveling 8,000 miles in 3 weeks after a Katrina wiped out your city along with not having a home game and see how you would play. If that had happened to us most would be screaming at the NFL. Especially for making them play in NY as their "home game"

They are not a great team but they are average just like us. There were two average teams on Sunday but our coaches got their balls handed to them by Haslett and his staff.

You remember that guy named Mike Sheppard of the Saints who made our 3rd down defense look like a joke? That was the bum who we had. That's all the explaining we need for our coaching situation.

The only good coach Mularkey has beaten is Mike Holmgren who hasn't done crap in Seattle.

He outcoached 4 guys last year for 5 wins who got fired from their job, Herm Edwards, Dennis Green, Mike Martz and the 49ers coach. I don't even remember who the hell that was.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 02:15 PM
Mularkey hasn't came close to beating a good coach or team. We look like complete crap when we play anyone that is worth a damn.

If he doesn't turn this season around he needs to go but the sad thing is he will still be here. If not him then Tom Clements at the very least. Would he fire his buddy and Pittsburgh cronie? That remains to be seen.

I remember how excited some were when we got the big Tom Clements. How does he look now?

This coaching staff sucks and I'm venting. Our coaches are wasting good talent down the drain.

A good coach can turn a very average team into a playoff team and a good team into a contender. A bad coach can turn a great team into playoff fodder and a good team into missing the playoffs. That's what we are currently stuck with.

OpIv37
10-03-2005, 02:40 PM
Look at it this way- prior to the game against us-

1. Duece McAllister and the running game were struggling
2. The Saints had the worst passing D in the league and a secondary depleted by injuries
3. Joe Horn, their #1 receiver, was injured
4. 8000 miles in three weeks will wear anyone out.

If that's not a weak team, I don't know what is. And we still couldn't beat them.

Also, you need to take "weak" as a relative term. Look at our remaining schedule and pick out one team the Saints could beat. The only one is the Jets, and they're only weak due to injuries.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 03:10 PM
Look at it this way- prior to the game against us-

1. Duece McAllister and the running game were struggling
2. The Saints had the worst passing D in the league and a secondary depleted by injuries
3. Joe Horn, their #1 receiver, was injured
4. 8000 miles in three weeks will wear anyone out.

If that's not a weak team, I don't know what is. And we still couldn't beat them.

Also, you need to take "weak" as a relative term. Look at our remaining schedule and pick out one team the Saints could beat. The only one is the Jets, and they're only weak due to injuries.
They beat the Panthers and we play them.

Saints have been like this for years. One week they can look god awful but the next week they can look great. They are very inconsistent.

Meathead
10-03-2005, 03:14 PM
I'd say they're the second or third weakest team we'll face this year. If Vinne can get a little of his younger self back then the Jets won't be the mess they are now.

They shoulda beat the Saints, but that's history. Gotta beat the next two home opponents or the season will be officially on the brink of disaster.

Mudflap1
10-03-2005, 03:15 PM
I think the season already is on the brink of disaster. Must win next two home games to keep from capsizing.

We'll lose at least one, if not both, then we won't win until December.

Jon