X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

BillsZone's Postgame Report Card: Bills vs. Saints

JP_Losman_sacked_10_2_05.jpgQuarterbacks: Apparently, this rookie quarterback is more much raw than everybody thought. He had another horrible game and it was his 3rd in a row. Losman was 7/15 for 75 yards with 1 interception and no touchdowns. He also ran 4 times for 38 yards. Again, Losman tried the deep ball and overthrew the receiver. Only this time, his bad pass was intercepted. JP is really struggling out there. Almost all of his passes are either too high or nowhere near the receiver. He also needs to learn how to check off his receivers and stop holding onto the ball too long. It appears that learning under Bledsoe may have been a bad idea. Losman is starting to do a lot of the same things that Bledsoe did when he was here. Kelly Holcomb wasn’t much better. He came in with 13 minutes to go and was pretty bad. Holcomb was 3/6 for 28 yards and fumbled the ball twice. It appears that Holcomb isn’t the answer. Either way, Mularkey just needs to pick a QB and stick with it. This musical quarterbacks game isn’t going to work. Grade: F

Running Backs: At least one part of the offense works. Willis McGahee had a really good day and was fighting for the extra yardage every time. He has also gone back to the “run the ball up the middle” style that worked well last season. It’s nice to see him not dance around anymore. McGahee had 16 carries for 84 yards, and caught 2 passes for 17 yards. He was running well whenever he got the ball, except for that 4th down and inches, when he was stopped behind the line. I blame the offensive line more for that play. There were no holes whatsoever for McGahee to run thru, when he needed it. Shaud Williams had 2 carries for 19 yards, including a 12-yard run on a draw play that resulted in a first down. Daimon Shelton had some nice blocks, but dropped a pass. Overall, it was a pretty good day for this unit. The only problem is that the coaches didn’t run the ball enough. They need to learn to stick with it. Grade: B-

CLICK HERE FOR MORE...

Don't forget to check out the front page for this article and many more. Go to Http://www.billszone.com
  • Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Re: BillsZone's Postgame Report Card: Bills vs. Saints

any thoughts? comments? complaints? Let me know.

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Fairly good assessment. I thought the RB's did a better job, they just didn't get the opportunity to hoist the team on their backs. The line definitely sucked. They would've still gotten a slightly better grade for run blocking if not for the 4th and 1 stuff. D-line was fine with gap-defense for 3+ quarters, but had no pass rush. Same with linebackers.

Hard to argue the review. They played like one of the 3 worst, if not the worst team in the NFL yesterday. No heart.

Jon

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
        Fairly good assessment. I thought the RB's did a better job, they just didn't get the opportunity to hoist the team on their backs. The line definitely sucked. They would've still gotten a slightly better grade for run blocking if not for the 4th and 1 stuff. D-line was fine with gap-defense for 3+ quarters, but had no pass rush. Same with linebackers.

Hard to argue the review. They played like one of the 3 worst, if not the worst team in the NFL yesterday. No heart.

Jon
        that's what they are missing. This team has no heart and no toughness. They are missing that swagger that we've grown to love.

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
          I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
          • Sep 2004

But it was a good work, but an awful game.

I felt the same yesterday, GW and KG were the ones running the offense yesterday. Even our maligned ex-coaches, played well against our putrid defense.
          The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• BillsFever21
            • Aug 2004

Originally posted by Mikey82
            that's what they are missing. This team has no heart and no toughness. They are missing that swagger that we've grown to love.
            The swagger we loved for half a season? The only swagger they had was when we beat up on some chumps that made them overconfident.

Mularkey has gotten this team to play with no heart or inspiration. He quit on them yesterday and they returned the favor on him.

We had no chance to get the ball back twice with enough time to score. We were at midfield when he punted. He's a gutless piece of mularkey.

If this guy doesn't drasticly turn it around he needs to be fired at the end of the year. He hasn't shown anything that would indicate he will be a good coach.

Offensive guru? I haven't seen it in the 20 game Mike Mularkey era. This guy is a joke and a fraud and it's Donahoe's fault for hiring him.

Comment

Working...
            X