PDA

View Full Version : Here's what I would do if I was Mularkey

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2005, 03:37 PM
I'd start Holcomb vs Miami, now before you all accuse me of hating Losman, or giving up on him, or whatever, read what I have to say.

I'd give Holcomb a week of reps with the first team, let him start vs Miami. Give JP a bit of a break, let him observe, see if that helps him at all. I know that you all say benching him would ruin his confidence, but how good is it for his confidence to let him pass for 70 yards a game? If Holcomb helps the Bills to a win, then start him again vs the Jets. Keep doing it if he keeps playing well. If Holcomb sucks the royal bag, then at least the fans can shut up about it, and all of us can go the rest of the year without wondering "what if". It's a win-win situation, I think. If you put in Holcomb, and he wins, and keeps winning, the fans are happy, the team is happy. If he sucks, at least the fans don't have some sort of false hope that he's the savior, and life with Losman can go on once and for all.

OK, now you can call me all those names.

Meathead
10-03-2005, 03:40 PM
I couldn't have said it better.

And you're a poopyhead traitor.

Novacane
10-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Not going to happen

Michael82
10-03-2005, 03:42 PM
Quarterback Controversy. That would open up a big can of worms. :ill:

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 03:56 PM
Holcomb couldn't keep a starting job in Cleveland. This guy isn't gonna lead us to the playoffs.

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2005, 05:15 PM
Not going to happen
Probably not, but do you think it should?

Forward_Lateral
10-03-2005, 05:16 PM
Holcomb couldn't keep a starting job in Cleveland. This guy isn't gonna lead us to the playoffs.
Never said he was, just said that it might be a wise idea to see what he can do, and take the load off of JP's shoulders for a bit.

frank74
10-03-2005, 11:30 PM
i would convince clements to call trick plays all of the time. possibly start with a flea-flicker followed by the old statue of liberty, then a hook-n-ladder play. why run when you can use trickery? seriously though, i would start questioning my self-worth as a coach if i were mularkey. the guy has no guts and never has a solid game plan. he's just another donahoe guy.