X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Ask Him Yourself: Tom Donahoe

Kyle Shrader (Orlando, FL): Is our organization guilty of overrating itself in the off-season, especially on defense, as a result of our late run against mediocre competition last season? I know the PC answer to this question, but, is it an accurate deduction?
    Tom Donahoe: When teams go to training camp everybody starts from scratch. What you did well or didn't do well last year really has no effect on this year's results. Each year in the off-season, we try as a personnel staff to make our roster better than it was the year before. How it plays out is the result of how people perform during the season. Overrated may not be a fair term because we have players on this team who are capable of playing better than they have shown up to this point. http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3424
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • DynaPaul
    • Sep 2003

Re: Ask Him Yourself: Tom Donahoe

What a politician! Same old BS answers, "We'll have to evaluate everything to see what we can do to improve our game. We can play better." Yeah ok there Tom, way to answer the question. I loved how he dodged the o-line question and his answer to the guy looking for one good reason to shell out his money.

If we don't start winning next week against an overrated Dolphins team then the next question will be:

"Tom, are you going to resign now or are you waiting to be indicted for fraud later?"

Love DevilPaul!

Comment

• Mitchy moo
      Roways rooking ahread!
      • Sep 2005

whole thing in a nutshell:

we are only four games into the season and there is a lot of football left to be played.

He is claiming we will be fine, will he quit if they continue to do bad?

Comment

• bills&sabresmvf
        • May 2005

I have a feeling Donahoe listens to his players more over the coaches/THE OWNER/ and Himself. The defense said they want to be the best ever, he believed them, and look, there was personel to fill Williams spot (which would stuff the run at the line). We need to take a page out of the Patriots game plan book, don't go out and get the BEST players, but the RIGHT ones. So we have solid backup. The patriots are able to get hurt and have solid backups to get the job done (not talking about the first games this season, past). I don't want to compare the two at all. I'd like to see some motivation in that locker room. They need to go nuts out there on Sundays. Donahoe needs to do something with "what he has." Not only is he putting himself on the edge of losing his job, but he might kill a man in R. Wilson. What'd ya' think??

Comment

• RedEyE
          • Jul 2002

Go Garret!! Tell it like it is.....

Garret Hussak (Clarence Center, NY): Mr. Donahoe, when your team's starting running back rushes for 5.25 yards per carry, how is it possible to not give him more than 16 carries? I don't care if all 11 defenders are in the box. Six carries in the second half when you're losing by less than a touchdown most of the half is absolutely despicable. Also, I hope when you say that "everyone's job is on ice" you're including yourself in the statement. I love the job you have done as a President, but when telling your fans in the beginning of the year that this team would be taking a "step up" this year, I think we all know now what a line of bull we were being fed.

Tom Donahoe: One of the things that we did effectively in Sunday's game was to run the football. It is always easy after the game to look back and see things that you wish you would have done. Possibly in hind sight, more patience and utilization of the run game in the second half would have helped us. Many times the offensive play calling is dictated by what the coaches feel the defense is giving them. When I say that everyone's job is on thin ice, I put myself at the top of the list and have always done that. Four games into the season I do not see any quitters on our team or on our coaching staff, but we must play better.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
            Maybe?
            • Oct 2003

Hands down, this week's questions are the most direct and pertinent I have ever seen. To be honest I'm surprised they posted them.

In particular,

Tom Bieber (Endicott, NY): Give me one good reason as to why I should keep supporting this Buffalo Bills team. Why should I keep spending my hard earned money on a team you built that fails week in and week out?

Granted I agree you support the team no matter what, but still...he has a point. It should read, "why should you get paid with my hard earned money when you built a team that fails week in and week out".

Steve Edsall (Hilton, NY): It seems teams that are successful have a solid offensive line. With a good O-line an average running back and/or quarterback can look like superstars. Why do the Bills have such a problem in this area?

Exactly.

Garret Hussak (Clarence Center, NY): Mr. Donahoe, when your team's starting running back rushes for 5.25 yards per carry, how is it possible to not give him more than 16 carries? I don't care if all 11 defenders are in the box. Six carries in the second half when you're losing by less than a touchdown most of the half is absolutely despicable. Also, I hope when you say that "everyone's job is on ice" you're including yourself in the statement. I love the job you have done as a President, but when telling your fans in the beginning of the year that this team would be taking a "step up" this year, I think we all know now what a line of bull we were being fed.

Love it.

Of course TD's reponses were , but I that's to be expected. I really hate him more than ever now, that smug S.O.B. Please Ralph, axe him and do everyone a favor. Please.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

Dear Tom:

When are you going to extract your head from your butt and get us some O and D line help?

Your Friend,
              Jan
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• vicmantak
                • Jun 2005

Sorry for Mr. Donahoe but it's not and will not be easy to deal with the 12th man.

I would ask him:

What can you tell us about your experience playing real fantasy football?

"Defeat is simply a signal to press onward"
                - Helen Keller

"What we call failure is not the falling down, but the staying down"

- Mary Pickford

Comment

• The last buffalo fan
                  I told the pet store guy "How else am I supposed to get the mouse out of my ass?"
                  • Sep 2004

Damn it guys, I will never apply for a NFL General Manager work, at least not in Buffalo, maybe in Miami or New England.
                  The Mexican & too!!

- Adriano & Emiliano, the next Villa & Zapata. Viva Mexico, cabrones!!! -

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Mr. Donohoe,

Why don't you put your neck on the line and say that you'll quit if this team doesn't make playoffs and then sb by a certain time?
                    sacrifice1
                    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• footballhottie
                      • Feb 2005

Can i ask him why is he such an ass???

The OG attention whore. 18 Billszone years strong

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
                        Maybe?
                        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by footballhottie
                        Can i ask him why is he such an ass???
                        A better question might be to ask him why his head is so far up it...

Comment

Working...
                        X