PDA

View Full Version : NFL gave the aints the game

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-03-2005, 07:13 PM
The NFL refs did it to the BILLS again the :penalty:'s that they called we're made up why do you think that CBS didn't show any of the replays of them because there were none. The game was fixed the Aints we're supposed to win so the proceeds could go to the Hurricane relief fund to rebuild N.O. that's the only reason why the Aints won.

The_Philster
10-03-2005, 07:16 PM
Honestly, that's what Schop and the Bulldog were saying on the radio this afternoon :shakeno:

OpIv37
10-03-2005, 07:23 PM
seriously, the refs were horrendous. But the refs didn't overthrow Moulds for an INT. The refs didn't miss the FG. The refs didn't run 81 yards for a kickoff return but fall 3 yards short of the endzone. The refs didn't run the ball only 18 times despite the fact that the Saints couldn't stop McGahee.

JD
10-03-2005, 07:27 PM
The NFL refs did it to the BILLS again the :penalty:'s that they called we're made up why do you think that CBS didn't show any of the replays of them because there were none. The game was fixed the Aints we're supposed to win so the proceeds could go to the Hurricane relief fund to rebuild N.O. that's the only reason why the Aints won.
Exactly man, I was questioning this the entire time.

I KNEW they were going to win, THEY HAD TO. Their first home game since the disaster....we would have been a$$holes if we won.

Mitchy moo
10-03-2005, 07:27 PM
seriously, the refs were horrendous. But the refs didn't overthrow Moulds for an INT. The refs didn't miss the FG. The refs didn't run 81 yards for a kickoff return but fall 3 yards short of the endzone. The refs didn't run the ball only 18 times despite the fact that the Saints couldn't stop McGahee.
The aints OL were holding the whole game and the refs never really called them on it, brutal.

JD
10-03-2005, 07:29 PM
When the saints had the ball before the second half ended...did anyone notice 20 seconds remained on the clock and didnt tick off? I wish someone else noticed this because I know what I saw.

DynaPaul
10-03-2005, 07:34 PM
Y'all are half right. The NFL is penetrating a new market in San Antonio and there's no way that you're going to fill a new stadium and make ticket sales when the team is losing. Therefore the Saints MUST be competitive and since they stink that naturally entails help from the refs. Since we are the Buffalo Bills, and no one gives a sh@t about us, we're just fodder for the marketing machine trying to gain steam in San Antonio.

I never felt that football was fixed until this year and that's not an opinion gathered from watching just Bills games. (I have the DirecTV ticketr.) This year it's so blatant it might as well become the WWE.

G. Host
10-03-2005, 07:44 PM
San Antonio is NOT one of the markets the NFL is trying to exploit. As far as the NFL is concerned it is Dallass / Houston territory. The local TV stations are showing Cowpoke games when Dallass and Saints have away games.

BillsFever21
10-03-2005, 07:55 PM
You have to wonder about it.

Everytime we had a big play it would get called back for some BS penalty. How many times did they get a first down when they failed to convert on 3rd down? I can think of at least 3 times and they never did show a replay.

I saw tons of times we were getting held but there was never a call. They had 4 penalties and we had like 13.

Just about every penalty was a drive changing penalty. Taking away a big play for us or giving them a first down and we never saw a replay of it once.

I had suspicions of something like this could happen. I'm not sure if it was fixed but I'm not completely sold of it either. I said to my friends before the game I bet you we would see a lot of big plays getting called back and plays on defense that would help them and sure enough we did.

I do know I definitely saw blantant holding on them guys at least 5 times and we never got one call. It's gotta make you wonder that's for sure.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
10-03-2005, 08:30 PM
The penalty that really jerks my chain is the call on Clements illegal hands to the face even Mularkey even looked stunned on that call that was NOT! hands to the face.

Bert102176
10-03-2005, 09:53 PM
yes the Ref's once again sucked like the play where Losman threw the ball and it showed him standing after he threw it then it showed a Aints guy come and knock him down and it should have been a late hit or unsportsman like conduct

BADTHINGSMAN
10-03-2005, 11:00 PM
yes the Ref's once again sucked like the play where Losman threw the ball and it showed him standing after he threw it then it showed a Aints guy come and knock him down and it should have been a late hit or unsportsman like conduct

Thats the play I was screaming for some laundry.. Ref was looking right at it..

G. Host
10-04-2005, 06:31 AM
What is needed for someone (Bam?) to put together a video of all of the places where NFL Zebras kept their hands in the pockets or decided to wave a Ainsts banner.

Jan Reimers
10-04-2005, 06:51 AM
Question: Why didn't the NFL give the Saints their "home game" in Giants Stadium as well? There was the telethon and the whole Katrina thing going on.

I don't think the NFL fixes games, but I do feel that the on-field officiating is inept and inconsistent as Hell. Ask anyone who sits anywhere near me at the Ralph.

Michael82
10-04-2005, 08:54 AM
And wasn't the reason why the Terrence McGee return was stopped was because Thomas chopped Campbell to bring him down right in from of McGee?

I could have sworn that I saw a chop block. If it was, there would have been a 1/2 the distance to the goal penalty and the Bills would have had 1 free play, because the game and half doesn't end on a penalty.

camelcowboy
10-04-2005, 09:11 AM
Yeah, the refs did a good snow job, but there is now way in hell they should have had a affect. If the bills gave Wills the ball 25 times we would have won by 10. If our defense didn't let any qb who can run pick up long third downs we could have run. If our best corner could cover Stalworth, on of the least consistant widereceivers i have ever seen. Lets look at our problems at home before we start blaming other people for our problems.

Jan Reimers
10-04-2005, 09:17 AM
Yeah, the refs did a good snow job, but there is now way in hell they should have had a affect. If the bills gave Wills the ball 25 times we would have won by 10. If our defense didn't let any qb who can run pick up long third downs we could have run. If our best corner could cover Stalworth, on of the least consistant widereceivers i have ever seen. Lets look at our problems at home before we start blaming other people for our problems.
So true. A good team can overcome bad officiating. We're just not a good team - yet.

Luisito23
10-04-2005, 10:01 AM

:bf1: :bf1: :bf1: ........

GO BILLS!!!!!

Gunzlingr
10-04-2005, 10:21 AM
I have suspected for years that the league is manipulating the outcomes of games. I don't get to see hardly any Bills games, but it is evident in tons of others where teams blatently get bad calls go their way time and time again. Reminds of the X-Files episode where the smoking man says that Buffalo will never win the superbowl as long as he is alive :D

Dolphinatic
10-04-2005, 11:31 AM
Every time the Bills miss the playoffs, it's clear the fix is in.

These are the same people who shot Kennedy and faked the moon landing. I'd tread lightly if I were you - they are probably monitoring this thread.

Ebenezer
10-04-2005, 11:35 AM
Every time the Bills miss the playoffs, it's clear the fix is in.

These are the same people who shot Kennedy and faked the moon landing. I'd tread lightly if I were you - they are probably monitoring this thread.
I have to agree...complete more passes, get McGee over the goal line and stop Dante Stallworth from being an allstar and the Bills could have had double the penalties and won.

Bert102176
10-04-2005, 02:23 PM
I say we get together hunt down the refs and throw a blanket party, and I don't care what refs they are the refs all over the league seem to have it in for the Bills

DynaPaul
10-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Even the most powerful team will go down with refs against them. Games are no longer fixed by buying off players. (In the old days this was so since they didn't make jack.) Now it's done by officiating.

eee1776
10-04-2005, 04:19 PM
Don't worry folks the make-up game for last weeks fix will come this week against the fins. Thats entertaiment.

Lexwhat
10-04-2005, 05:14 PM
And wasn't the reason why the Terrence McGee return was stopped was because Thomas chopped Campbell to bring him down right in from of McGee?

I could have sworn that I saw a chop block. If it was, there would have been a 1/2 the distance to the goal penalty and the Bills would have had 1 free play, because the game and half doesn't end on a penalty.
For some reason, I am thinking that chop blocks are LEGAL. Isn't that what Denver Broncos offensive-lineman do all the time? I know chop blocks are dangerous and dirty, but for some reason I think I remmeber that they are allowed.

By the way, it's hard to tell but, if McGee had indeed gotten into the end zone, the refs could have thrown a late flag. It's possible. Or else, the refs could have been even more stupid during the 2nd half and helped the Saints even more...

Oh well, I guess its all over now for that game at least.

JD
10-05-2005, 05:16 PM
Aww, look who randomly makes it on NFL.com front page...hmmmmm
I'm already a saint though :angel:
http://images.nfl.com/images/ads/nfl100305_140x80_weeklyfeature.gif

BuffaloRanger
10-05-2005, 06:08 PM
OK.

The kickoff return. McGee was tripped by the Saint. He had his hand up reaching for him, but watch the replay, kicking him is what caused him to trip. Mcgee should have ran for the pilon and avoided it. He had all those blockers but I don't think anyone there wanted to block that Saint and risk a penalty. McGee also could have lateralled the ball as he was going down.

The Saints interception. Clear as day. The 2nd Bill that tried to tackle the Saint was clipped. Replays don't show it well. As the Saint is running by the Bill, The Bill is getting up from his knees, pointing at the ref.

I saw Anderson held so bad he turned around and swung at the Olineman - during the play.

DOZERDOG THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY, BUT I WAS RIGHT! The fix was definitely in. The NFL paid to bus 20,000 Saints fans to San Antonio. (I saw some of them using their FEMA credit cards to hit the VIP room at a local strip bar.) The Saints weren't going to lose. No way. If the Bills had played better, the calls would have gotten worse.

The Bills are not good enough to beat the refs and the other team. Not many teams are. The Pats couldn't even do it against the Panthers a couple weeks ago.

When a head ref calls off a pass interence call from 40 yards away (Falcons game) you know something is wrong.

And to that fins fan talking smack...

We still remember the "gift" the refs gave you. Reed scoring that TD under 2 minutes left against the fins in that playoff game? Ref standing directly above him (Why, who knows) says no TD. Reed gets up screaming - 15 yard penalty. Flutie fumbles a couple plays later. Should have already been a TD.

Pats fans?

How about, "Ahh just give it to him." Followed by the only Pass Interference call ever on a Hail Mary pass, in the NFL, College, High School, or Pop Warner.

There is no reason for bad calls given instant replay. But ask the Lions. It still happens - too much to be just incompetence.

Hundreds of millions of dollars in TV revenue and Merchandise sales aren't just left to chance.

Michael82
10-05-2005, 07:18 PM
OK.

The kickoff return. McGee was tripped by the Saint. He had his hand up reaching for him, but watch the replay, kicking him is what caused him to trip. Mcgee should have ran for the pilon and avoided it. He had all those blockers but I don't think anyone there wanted to block that Saint and risk a penalty. McGee also could have lateralled the ball as he was going down.

The Saints interception. Clear as day. The 2nd Bill that tried to tackle the Saint was clipped. Replays don't show it well. As the Saint is running by the Bill, The Bill is getting up from his knees, pointing at the ref.

I saw Anderson held so bad he turned around and swung at the Olineman - during the play.

DOZERDOG THOUGHT I WAS CRAZY, BUT I WAS RIGHT! The fix was definitely in. The NFL paid to bus 20,000 Saints fans to San Antonio. (I saw some of them using their FEMA credit cards to hit the VIP room at a local strip bar.) The Saints weren't going to lose. No way. If the Bills had played better, the calls would have gotten worse.

The Bills are not good enough to beat the refs and the other team. Not many teams are. The Pats couldn't even do it against the Panthers a couple weeks ago.

When a head ref calls off a pass interence call from 40 yards away (Falcons game) you know something is wrong.

And to that fins fan talking smack...

We still remember the "gift" the refs gave you. Reed scoring that TD under 2 minutes left against the fins in that playoff game? Ref standing directly above him (Why, who knows) says no TD. Reed gets up screaming - 15 yard penalty. Flutie fumbles a couple plays later. Should have already been a TD.

Pats fans?

How about, "Ahh just give it to him." Followed by the only Pass Interference call ever on a Hail Mary pass, in the NFL, College, High School, or Pop Warner.

There is no reason for bad calls given instant replay. But ask the Lions. It still happens - too much to be just incompetence.

Hundreds of millions of dollars in TV revenue and Merchandise sales aren't just left to chance.
Great post! And it really sucks too. It makes me so sick when I think of all the bad calls that have gone against the Bills and I really think it's on purpose. :ill:

pleasesavedrew
10-05-2005, 07:23 PM
Theres nothing if the refs can do if u score touchdowns. They didnt make losman suck.

The_Philster
10-05-2005, 08:18 PM
Theres nothing if the refs can do if u score touchdowns. not that I'm a big believer in the conspiracy theories, but BuffaloRanger clearly pointed out that isn't the case

We still remember the "gift" the refs gave you. Reed scoring that TD under 2 minutes left against the fins in that playoff game? Ref standing directly above him (Why, who knows) says no TD.

Dolphinatic
10-05-2005, 09:00 PM
This is becoming one of the most entertaining threads ever.

And informative too! Now I know when a penalty should have been called, but wasn't: it's when a player complains about it. (OK, maybe not every player, but at least one of the Bills.)

Oops, gotta run. There are black helicopters outside.

JD
10-05-2005, 11:23 PM
This is becoming one of the most entertaining threads ever.

And informative too! Now I know when a penalty should have been called, but wasn't: it's when a player complains about it. (OK, maybe not every player, but at least one of the Bills.)

Oops, gotta run. There are black helicopters outside.
I wish people could be banned for being idiots :rage:

Dozerdog
10-05-2005, 11:44 PM
I certainly hope evryone in this thread isn't serious.

Do Refs sometimes make horrible calls? Yes.

But if you guys think the game was "fixed"- then you're all on glue or something. There is no financial gain for the hurricane releif fund if the Bills win or lose.

If there ever was a hint of crooked officiating the NFL would loose BILLIONS in dollars. So what is the incentive to fix this game for them?

We lost because we played bad. Get over it. Stop with the pathetic looney toon theories. It just comes off as whining & crying.

bigbucks24
10-06-2005, 12:22 AM
I think this is absolutely rediculous. Then again, I have seen things just as silly on FinHeaven. Do you really think there is a big meeting of all the ref's and Tags? And Tags says, "Allright guys. I want NO to win this game so call some bogus penalties whenever the Bills make good plays. Anyone have any questions?" You don't think that if this were to happen, somewhere along the way, a current or ex-ref wouldn't blow the whistle? They fix games and no one ever tells? Or maybe if someone is rumored to tell, they might just "disappear". Do you realize how silly this sounds? Now I can see that if a ref has had a problem with a coach or team in the past that he might not be completely fair. I think you see it in the NBA and MLB. But to suggest that there is a conspiracy to make up penalties and completely ignore others so one team will win is just plain silly.

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2005, 12:19 PM
How difficult is it for the league to tell the director of officials to have the head ref look at a certain team closer? Not all the refs have to be in on it. Just the head refs.

There are plenty of instant replays proving this. But because there will always be those like Dozer that say "The team should have played better" there is always the doubt.

I wish i could find that website in which it showed video clips from the Rams / Pats SB. There were 10 blatent personal fouls missed by the refs most involving late hits on Warner. Then there was Tom Brady under pressure in the last drive throwing the ball away from the pocket - no WR within 20 yards. No penalty.

Refs can and do effect the outcome of games.

Michael82
10-06-2005, 12:43 PM
How difficult is it for the league to tell the director of officials to have the head ref look at a certain team closer? Not all the refs have to be in on it. Just the head refs.

There are plenty of instant replays proving this. But because there will always be those like Dozer that say "The team should have played better" there is always the doubt.

I wish i could find that website in which it showed video clips from the Rams / Pats SB. There were 10 blatent personal fouls missed by the refs most involving late hits on Warner. Then there was Tom Brady under pressure in the last drive throwing the ball away from the pocket - no WR within 20 yards. No penalty.

Refs can and do effect the outcome of games.
I just saw the replay from the Bucs/Lions game again for the 100th time and it made me sick. They got screwed! Marcus Pollard caught the pass in the end zone and had possession of the ball before his knee slid out of bounds. There was NO indisputable evidence to change that call, yet it was overturned. It should have been a Touchdown. The guy was correct. Another sign of the refs screwing teams over with bad calls. :ill:

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2005, 12:48 PM
Who called it a TD? The line judge.

Who overruled it? The Head Ref.

Michael82
10-06-2005, 12:59 PM
Who called it a TD? The line judge.

Who overruled it? The Head Ref.
It was called a TD by the line judge at the End Zone. The Head Ref Gerry Austin :ill: went into the replay booth and overruled it.

Check out this article. He agrees with my opinion...
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-theywasrobbed&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns

DEfinsE!
10-06-2005, 01:21 PM
Yeah it's unheard of to think the Bills could lose to the Saints fairly. Game must of been fixed.

BuffaloRanger
10-06-2005, 01:30 PM
That is not what we are saying. The saints could have beaten the Bills without the bad calls. But the bad calls guarenteed they won.

ParanoidAndroid
10-06-2005, 01:47 PM
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-theywasrobbed&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns)http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-theywasrobbed&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns
(http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=cnnsi-theywasrobbed&prov=cnnsi&type=lgns)

...but then there's this blurb at the bottom...

f. Saints: zero turnovers, four penalties. No surprise they won. They'd had 10 and 27, respectively, in the last two losses.

A few penalties were overlooked or called incorrectly, yes, and possibly could have changed the face of the game. It happens in almost every game I have watched. However, penalties and turnovers have to be forced by the opposing team. Buffalo didn't play very well