PDA

View Full Version : Did you realize that.....

justasportsfan
01-08-2003, 12:32 PM
Realignment sent the weaker AFC teams to the playoffs?

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/football/pro/dolphins/sfl-skolnick07jan07,0,3723294.column?coll=sfla%2Ddolphins%2Dfront

ArcticWildMan
01-08-2003, 12:52 PM
:wail:

At least NE and Miami didn't make the playoffs. That makes me feel a little better :D

SABURZFAN
01-08-2003, 01:07 PM
:rofl:

i like this quote:

"Don't mistake this column for the excuse-making of a Dolphins apologist."

ok ethan.we won't mention the 2-6 road record either.

ArcticWildMan
01-08-2003, 01:11 PM
Check out the pic of the kid that wrote the article. Is he old enough to shave? :scratch:

SABURZFAN
01-08-2003, 01:13 PM
:lolcry:

probably not

Pride
01-08-2003, 01:15 PM
he has a point... it is however very drastic.

I will wait to see how this season's finale ends up. If 2 teams that dont deserve it get in, then I will promote the change... until then, I still say, if you arent the best in your division at the end of the season, then you stay home. I am sorry, but the Bills, pats, and phins, do NOT belong in the playoffs.

Mr. Miyagi
01-08-2003, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by ArcticWildMan
Check out the pic of the kid that wrote the article. Is he old enough to shave? :scratch:
AWM, not everyone looks as old and raggity as you do. :)

ArcticWildMan
01-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanStuckInWisc

AWM, not everyone looks as old and raggity as you do. :)

Shucks....I don't think I look that old..

http://etisalat.charges.too.much.net/free/free1.gif

Patrick76777
01-08-2003, 01:55 PM
I’ve said the same thing for a few weeks now. The teams in the east and west got screwed.

justasportsfan
01-08-2003, 02:51 PM
Originally posted by Pride
I am sorry, but the Bills, pats, and phins, do NOT belong in the playoffs.

And neither does anyone who gets blown away by the Jets 41-0.

We only lost to the fins 31-13 and the only reason why is we wanted to score 13 w/c are switched nos. to their 31 to piss them off .:(

mybills
01-08-2003, 03:43 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan

We only lost to the fins 31-13

?

Cntrygal
01-08-2003, 05:29 PM
Originally posted by mybills

?

I agree.... ????

Originally posted by justasportsfan
We only lost to the fins 31-13 and the only reason why is we wanted to score 13 w/c are switched nos. to their 31 to piss them off .:(

What season are you talking about??? We swept them this season.
:squish:

don137
01-08-2003, 06:21 PM
The AFC East and AFC West are much stronger divisions. These teams like the Steelers make the playoffs because they are always in a weak division.
I believe 7 out of the 8 divisions will be cyclical but how can the AFC Central be cyclical when Cinncinati is in it? Teams from the weak divisions get exposed in the playoffs (i.e. Steelers last year). That is why I believe the winner of the Jets-Raiders game will represent the AFC in the Super Bowl. The Titans and Steelers are in weak divisions and as soon as they play a tough team they will crumble.

WG
01-08-2003, 09:58 PM
The East and West are much stronger divisions, but Cleveland still beat Tennessee, the Jets, Atlanta and lost to K.C. by only a point, and to Pittsburgh only twice by 3 if you don't include last weekend. They are a much better team offensively when Holcombe plays. They should ditch money-man Couch and go w/ KH.

Indy beat Philly, Denver, and Cleveland. Of the 7 teams they lost to, 5 were PO teams and the other two were Miami (w/ Fiedler) and Washington.

The best team we beat was S.D. (8-8) Miami wasn't good w/ Lucas. I disagree that we were better. We had the talent to be better, but poor decision making made us worse.

Miami was better than Indy or Cleveland but losing Fiedler doomed them. N.E. beat better teams up front, but faded as a team down the stretch.

Denver only beat average or worse teams as well.

K.C. just didn't have the D to compete in the playoffs.

justasportsfan
01-09-2003, 07:37 AM
Oops , I meant Jests!

casdhf
01-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Who cares? Especially indy, why do the Dolphins deserve to get in more? If they would have taken care of business twice against us, they would definately be in. You need to win games, no matter who you play against.