PDA

View Full Version : Too many penalties?

JD
10-04-2005, 01:15 PM
Is the NHL becoming too strict on penalties? I clean body check is now pretty much seen as a penalty, and if your stick even touches the opposing player your sure to get called for something idiotic. At least they havnt banned fights yet :rolleyes:

Dozerdog
10-04-2005, 09:20 PM
When they were lax on penalties- you got the 1-1 snoozfest :z:

Keep calling the penalties until the goons and no-talent thugs get the point. Get rid of obstruction and we will go back to the 1984-1994 NHL that had tons of scoring.

Used to be every other team had a 50 goal scorer, or a 100 point player. Those are rare now.

pyrrhonist
10-04-2005, 09:31 PM
When they were lax on penalties- you got the 1-1 snoozfest :z:

Keep calling the penalties until the goons and no-talent thugs get the point. Get rid of obstruction and we will go back to the 1984-1994 NHL that had tons of scoring.

Used to be every other team had a 50 goal scorer, or a 100 point player. Those are rare now.

I hate to plagerize your post, Dozer, but you've hit it spot on. Today's NHL fan, and probably the "young 'uns", all they know is the clutching & grabbing, and the "gritty" 1-0 or 2-1. Scoring 4 goals in a game the past 5-6 years was considered a high scoring affair. If the NHL remains serious about calling all of the clutching & grabbing BS, then we should hopefully see a return to the glory days of the NHL. :bf1:

SkateZilla
10-04-2005, 09:38 PM
i've wathed a few games on TV, the refs only call the hits if your obstructing, most of the penalties were people hit the player before the puck got to them ...