• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mudflap1
    Next Question!
    • Nov 2004

Top Ten Reasons To Start J.P. Losman For The Rest Of The Season

Okay, I've had two days to clear my head and reflect. Here are my top 10 reasons to start J.P. Losman indefinitely:

10. If Losman improves at all this week and beyond, that's obviously a good thing, since he can't get any worse. We've hit rock bottom, we can only go up from here. Maybe the team will get better by the end of the season and there will be some promise.

9. If Losman doesn't improve, we'll get high draft picks (presuming Tom Donahoe doesn't trade them away, again...).

8. If Losman doesn't improve, we'll probably get rid of some dead wood and restructure contracts (Mike Williams, Trey Teague, Jerman, Villarial, Bennie Anderson, McFarland, Geisinger, Edwards, Posey, Moulds, Holcomb, Matthews, Lindell, etc.).

7. If Losman doesn't improve, Mularkey and Clements will be as good as gone. Fresh start. They have the rest of the season to prove their worth. So far, they aren't the right guys (Donahoe puppets, have demonstrated no leadership).

6. If Losman doesn't improve, ticket prices and merchandise will not be increased, could be discounted.

5. Perhaps some teams will start to take us lightly and he can surprise someone. He certainly doesn't strike fear into the heart of opposing defenses right now.

4. Perhaps Roscoe Parrish will provide some sort of spark/chemistry with Losman.

3. If the team continues to lose and we go into rebuilding mode, maybe some of the backups can get some reps and demonstrate some skill and depth.

2. If the team doesn't improve, there shouldn't be a salary cap issue next year, since a lot of the pretenders should be sent packing. Perhaps Clements CAN be re-signed (if he would even consider it at this point).

1. If J.P. doesn't improve, Tom Donahoe will be sure to be fired by the end of the season, since we'll likely end up 5-11, or, probably much worse.

The team has made all of their moves this past season for this guy to be THE guy. Holcomb isn't going to get us anywhere it doesn't appear. Is he going to lead the Bills to a 9-3 record the rest of the season single-handedly? I don't think so. Since this season is quickly going down the tubes, might as well let J.P. sink or swim for the rest of the season and hope for some good to come out of it eventually. Frankly, I think the frame of mind has to be to drop expectations to absolute zero. We are in rebuilding mode. They need to NOT tolerate losing and to go out there to win every week, but we, as the fans, can't realistically expect this team to win with Losman playing this badly. Yes, the rest of the team is at fault too, but Losman's poor play seems to only rub salt in the wounds/multiply the dreariness. The only thing we can realistically hope for at this point is for Losman to come around the 2nd half of the season and start to look like the franchise quarterback everyone is/was talking him up to be and for the team to develop some new chemistry and become competitive.

Jon
    Last edited by Mudflap1; 10-04-2005, 01:37 PM.
  • venis2k1
    Youboty can hope
    • Jul 2002

Re: Top Ten Reasons To Start J.P. Losman For The Rest Of The Season

i know you spent some time on this,

but this is with out a doubt the most depressing thread i have ever read.

Comment

• Mudflap1
      Next Question!
      • Nov 2004

Don't blame me, blame Mularkey and Donahoe, they are the ones that chose this road. I'm just looking at this realistically. This season is going to be a long, dreary one. The best we can hope for is for Losman to start losing his fear, stepping up, learning, and showing some real ability and being competitive.

If we didn't want to go down this road, there should've been a REAL veteran competitor at quarterback duking it out the whole offseason and training camp, not cannon-fodder Kelly Holcomb and Shane Matthews. They didn't even get a chance. It's too late now, just have to deal with it.

Jon

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

10. To see if JP is the real deal for our future.
        9. To see if JP is a bust, and then fire TD.
        8. See #9.
        7. See #9.
        6. See #9.
        5. See #9.
        4. See #9.
        3. See #9.
        2. See #9.
        1. See #9.

Comment

• lynobx
          • Jan 2005

Give the kid a chance, Rome was not created in a day. At least we have 1 win much better than the Great GreenBay's.

Comment

• finsrclowns
            • Apr 2004

Originally posted by Mudflap1
            Holcomb isn't going to get us anywhere it doesn't appear. Is he going to lead the Bills to a 9-3 record the rest of the season single-handedly? I don't think so. Jon
            And you know this how? Based on zero starts? Based on no opportunities to get significant reps in practice? Based on the fact that he wasn't Dan Marino in the black hole for QB's that is Cleveland?

Giving up is always the easy way out. 4 games. That's what I want KH to get. 4 games to see if he can HELP spark the team. Decent QB play can have a trickle down effect on every aspect of the team. If he can't do it, put JP back in. Can someone please explain why stroking JP's ego is more important than the entire team? Will he be scarred for life if he has to watch 4 games? And if KH does spark the team, is that a bad thing? But no, we need to "stay the course" until the season is officially flushed. I don't get it.
            finsrclowns

Comment

• justasportsfan
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Mudflap1
              8. If Losman doesn't improve, we'll probably get rid of some dead wood and restructure contracts (Mike Williams, Trey Teague, Jerman, Villarial, Bennie Anderson, McFarland, Geisinger, Edwards, Posey, Moulds, Holcomb, Matthews, Lindell, etc.).

Jon
              you mean rebuild again? We haven't even made playoffs under TD and we're gonna rebuild again? Who's gonna do it, TD again?
              sacrifice1
              https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• BILL$ B@$HER
                Public Annoyance
                • Aug 2005

Originally posted by finsrclowns
                And you know this how? Based on zero starts? Based on no opportunities to get significant reps in practice? Based on the fact that he wasn't Dan Marino in the black hole for QB's that is Cleveland?

Giving up is always the easy way out. 4 games. That's what I want KH to get. 4 games to see if he can HELP spark the team. Decent QB play can have a trickle down effect on every aspect of the team. If he can't do it, put JP back in. Can someone please explain why stroking JP's ego is more important than the entire team? Will he be scarred for life if he has to watch 4 games? And if KH does spark the team, is that a bad thing? But no, we need to "stay the course" until the season is officially flushed. I don't get it.
                you never get it do you
                I HATE THE PATRIOTS!!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BILL$ B@$HER
                  you never get it do you
                  are you hiding under a different handle? what's your FH handle?
                  sacrifice1

Comment

• osos
                    • Feb 2005

It is not about the ego of JP, is about this team having a future. Lets face the real truth, since Kelly we haven´t had a real QB, passing from super Tod Collins, Billy Joe, Rob Johnson, Flutie, Bledsoe etc..... i mean we haven´t had a decent QB in our roster since almost 8 or 9 years. come on, give the benefit of the doubt, if Super Ben could do it, why can´t JP ???

Give the guy some time to develop, and only way he will learn is by PLAYING IN GAMES, not in the sidelines, and if this means sacrifice the season to have a great QB for this franchise, just do it. Keep on the experiment.

Comment

• BILL$ B@$HER
                      Public Annoyance
                      • Aug 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                      are you hiding under a different handle? what's your FH handle?
                      whats that justaphinfaninacloset?
                      I HATE THE PATRIOTS!!

Comment

• finsrclowns
                        • Apr 2004

you never get it do you
                        Hello loserforlife. And yes, I get it quite a bit thanks.
                        finsrclowns

Comment

• NativeFin
                          happiness is having my tongue in a dog's dupa
                          • Aug 2005

hey billyjeanbob where ya been?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

whats that justaphinfaninacloset?
                            Oh , it phin4life. why hide?
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• BILL$ B@$HER
                              Public Annoyance
                              • Aug 2005

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                              Oh , it phin4life. why hide?
                              its
                              PHINPHOURLIFE

i have no reason to hide! im new to this whole forum if you noticed, and i didnt know you were supposed to bring your same name everywhere where you went. BillsBasher was the first thing that came to mine, so i went with it. i thought i would get more attention with this name. looks like it works, because i dont have any freinds here other than Jb, native, dominnzo dolphin tom,etc
                              I HATE THE PATRIOTS!!

Comment

Working...
                              X