PDA

View Full Version : Breaking down the Bills and Dolphins

dominizzo
10-04-2005, 03:40 PM
In order to end this debate we need to take a look at these 2 teams position by position and determine who has a true advantage:

QB: Dolphins, easy choice. Gus is a veteran, Loseman is struggling big time.

RB: Dolphins, mcgahee is average back struggling for consistency, ronnie is a star in the making and big ricky's reputation speaks for itself.

WR: Dolphins, Chambers is the real deal, Booker is servicable. Moulds & Evans are on pace for 300 yards each.

TE: Dolphins, McMichael is a beast, Bills have nothing

OLine: Dolphins, I honestly thought we would struggle but we look all world compared to the worse line in the league right now in buffalo. Greg Jerman is starting now.

DLine: Dolphins, JT is still a monster, Bills couldn't stop NCAA team from running the ball.

LB: Dolphins, if spikes were healhty i'd give this to the bills, but he's not and zach is having a typical season.

Safety: Draw, Bills safeties are old and have made a few mistakes, sargeant shulters has been better than advertised.

CB: Bills, only because teams don't even have to pass much against them.

Kicker: Dolphins, lindell is inconsistent

Punter: Bills, moorman is solid

Coaching: Dolphins, Sabanator has this team ready to compete now, Bills are rebuilding and lack an identity.

With so many advantages right now it will be shocking if the Bills beat the Dolphins this sunday. In fact it will be a major upset, this game is a true measuring stick for the dolphins. :goodpost:

Crisis
10-04-2005, 03:49 PM
LMAO.

dominizzo
10-04-2005, 03:52 PM
LMAO.
what is funny? you know that's not a homer remark either, it's a fact...you can't say you have the advantage at any position on offense especially

DynaPaul
10-04-2005, 03:56 PM
what is funny? you know that's not a homer remark either, it's a fact...you can't say you have the advantage at any position on offense especially

Your lame analysis deserves no response except for telling you how pathetic it was. That is all.

dominizzo
10-04-2005, 03:59 PM
Your lame analysis deserves no response except for telling you how pathetic it was. That is all.
Enlighten me then as to where you think you have an advantage? Unless i'm completely oblivious to something you are not.

OpIv37
10-04-2005, 04:00 PM
:

For now, I have to agree that Gus is better. I wouldn't want him on my team, but at this point in time he's playing better than Losman.

RB: Dolphins, mcgahee is average back struggling for consistency, ronnie is a star in the making and big ricky's reputation speaks for itself.

Bull****. McGahee 4.8 YPC, 93.8 YPG, Brown 3.9 YPC, 74.7 YPG, and McGahee's underutilized in our offense. Advantage- BILLS.

WR: Dolphins, Chambers is the real deal, Booker is servicable. Moulds & Evans are on pace for 300 yards each.
We have better receivers but it doesn't matter til Losman can get them the ball

Agreed

OLine: Dolphins, I honestly thought we would struggle but we look all world compared to the worse line in the league right now in buffalo. Greg Jerman is starting now.
Agreed

DLine: Dolphins, JT is still a monster, Bills couldn't stop NCAA team from running the ball.
Push- Adams and Schobel are good.

LB: Dolphins, if spikes were healhty i'd give this to the bills, but he's not and zach is having a typical season.

I'm giving this one an incomplete cuz we haven't really seen Crowell yet, but I'm leaning towards Miami

Safety: Draw, Bills safeties are old and have made a few mistakes, sargeant shulters has been better than advertised.
If the Bills safeties play like they know how, we have an advantage. Vincent hasn't been himself.

Agreed- we have Clements too

Lindell can't make it when they really count

Agreed

Coaching: Dolphins, Sabanator has this team ready to compete now, Bills are rebuilding and lack an identity.
HC- Dolphins- position coaches Bills

With so many advantages right now it will be shocking if the Bills beat the Dolphins this sunday. In fact it will be a major upset, this game is a true measuring stick for the dolphins. :goodpost:

Any given Sunday... I'll admit it doesn't look good for us but they play the games for a reason

DynaPaul
10-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Enlighten me then as to where you think you have an advantage? Unless i'm completely oblivious to something you are not.

Op already did it for me. See above.

NJFINSFAN1
10-04-2005, 04:06 PM
For now, I have to agree that Gus is better. I wouldn't want him on my team, but at this point in time he's playing better than Losman.

Bull****. McGahee 4.8 YPC, 93.8 YPG, Brown 3.9 YPC, 74.7 YPG, and McGahee's underutilized in our offense. Advantage- BILLS.

We have better receivers but it doesn't matter til Losman can get them the ball

Agreed

Agreed

Push- Adams and Schobel are good.

I'm giving this one an incomplete cuz we haven't really seen Crowell yet, but I'm leaning towards Miami

If the Bills safeties play like they know how, we have an advantage. Vincent hasn't been himself.

Agreed- we have Clements too

Lindell can't make it when they really count

Agreed

HC- Dolphins- position coaches Bills

Any given Sunday... I'll admit it doesn't look good for us but they play the games for a reason
I would agree with everything here but Coaches, we have some of the best position coaches in the league with Houck, Linehan etc...

Dolphinatic
10-04-2005, 04:11 PM
OpIv37, I think your assessments are fairer, except I'd stick with Miami having the edge on the D-line (not just because of JT, but from results so far).

I also don't know enough about your position coaches to comment but I'd find it hard to believe that you have any kind of edge anywhere in the coaching ranks. Saban spent a ton of Huizenga's money on his staff, and it's as close to a dream team as you can imagine putting together in one offseason. Linehan, the OC, makes more than some head coaches - and now Miami's scoring points and Minnesota looks like crap.

For anyone who thinks position coaches don't have much impact, two words: Hudson Houck. Best $2.5m (for 3 years) the team's ever spent. I look at the OL shambles of last season, and its performance this year (3 sacks, mediocre running attack but even that's starting to gel) and it's just unbelievable. I was optimistic they might turn out OK by mid-season, but not this fast.

OpIv37
10-04-2005, 05:39 PM
OpIv37, I think your assessments are fairer, except I'd stick with Miami having the edge on the D-line (not just because of JT, but from results so far).

I also don't know enough about your position coaches to comment but I'd find it hard to believe that you have any kind of edge anywhere in the coaching ranks. Saban spent a ton of Huizenga's money on his staff, and it's as close to a dream team as you can imagine putting together in one offseason. Linehan, the OC, makes more than some head coaches - and now Miami's scoring points and Minnesota looks like crap.

For anyone who thinks position coaches don't have much impact, two words: Hudson Houck. Best $2.5m (for 3 years) the team's ever spent. I look at the OL shambles of last season, and its performance this year (3 sacks, mediocre running attack but even that's starting to gel) and it's just unbelievable. I was optimistic they might turn out OK by mid-season, but not this fast.

Maybe I'm selling the Dolphins coaches a little short cuz I don't know much about them. But McNally had our o-line playing well above their level at the end of last season, and Wyche is supposed to be an excellent QB coach (although he has yet to show it through Losman).

Mitchy moo
10-04-2005, 07:50 PM
Well the Bills are Favored by 3 for a reason, we usually fry the fish at home. You also lost the JETS and I will safely say they are going to be drafting real high this year. I wouldn't give the Dolphins to much credit, remember we beat your butt 2 times last year. Plan on that happening again.

finsrclowns
10-04-2005, 07:58 PM

You're not that good. :down:

Mike13
10-04-2005, 08:45 PM
a homeristic post, not bad though.

Tinboy
10-05-2005, 01:45 AM
In order to end this debate we need to take a look at these 2 teams position by position and determine who has a true advantage:

QB: Fretotte although he haven't set the world on fire.

RB: MacGahee everything else is BS. Brown has 224 yds in three games on 57 carriers, that's 19 carries per game, he also have had a 58 yds run take that away and he had 166 yds. WMG has had 375 yds in four games on 78 carriers that's 19.5 carries per game with a long of 24 yds

WR: Chambers is a good player I'll give you that but Moulds and Evans is a great combo compared to Chambers Booker.

TE: Miami, McMichael is a top 5 TE

O-Line: 50-50 both have a very bad o-line.

D-Line: Right now I would say Fins as the Bills doesn't look solid and are underperforming

LB: I go with Bills although Spikes out, Crowell has been playing good, Fletcher is solid and Posey underrated.

Safety: I agree draw.

CB: Do we even have to discuss? Bills all the way.

Kicker: Don't be a homer. Lindell has made 9/10 so far and Mare has made 4/5 and missed a 20-29 yds field goal!

Punter: Bills

Coaching: 50-50, Saban has had a good start but Murlakey prove last season that he can do a good job.

Looking at it realistic it will be a close game, where we need to use WMG more to win and make sure that we stop the fins WR and TE. I say Bills win 16-10.

FinNasty23
10-05-2005, 02:20 AM
Well the Bills are Favored by 3 for a reason, we usually fry the fish at home. You also lost the JETS and I will safely say they are going to be drafting real high this year. I wouldn't give the Dolphins to much credit, remember we beat your butt 2 times last year. Plan on that happening again.
The Jets that we lost to are not the same Jets that exist now... it was pre-injury to QB 1 & 2 for them... But we still shouldnt have lost, we played terrible.

Also, last years wins have nothing to do with this season. Normally, they would have some relevence but this team is clearly not the same team as last year...

It will be a close game, but the Dolphins will pull it out IMO... Especially with the advantage of having 2 weeks to prepare for Sunday.

Nasty

FinNasty23
10-05-2005, 02:29 AM

IMO the Bills have the advantage here. While I believe that Ronnie will be a better RB after all is said and done, Ronnie has had only 1 good game. Willis has better numbers and has been running into 8-9 man fronts (due to QB issues) and with a worse o-line...

Also, their secondary is clearly better than ours... it has nothing to do with them being rushed on alot...

However, I agree with everything else. We should be favored in this game. The Bills cannot capitalize on our largest weakness: the secondary. If we can stop the run, which we have been pretty effective doing, the Fins should pull this one out...

Nasty

dominizzo
10-05-2005, 12:58 PM
IMO the Bills have the advantage here. While I believe that Ronnie will be a better RB after all is said and done, Ronnie has had only 1 good game. Willis has better numbers and has been running into 8-9 man fronts (due to QB issues) and with a worse o-line...

Also, their secondary is clearly better than ours... it has nothing to do with them being rushed on alot...

However, I agree with everything else. We should be favored in this game. The Bills cannot capitalize on our largest weakness: the secondary. If we can stop the run, which we have been pretty effective doing, the Fins should pull this one out...

Nasty
i think mcgahee has the potential to be a star, but sad for him he has to play behind such a bad line in buffalo. Ronnie is going to be better in the long run though

Their secondary has talent, but vincent and malloy aren't the same players they were a few years ago....chambers and mcmichael will eat em up

balls deep
10-05-2005, 01:19 PM
Maybe the Bills Punter and CB's can play offense? They might have a shot then. :lol:

balls deep
10-05-2005, 01:19 PM
I smell an @ss wuppin coming for Buffalo. AND I DIG THAT!

poornate
10-05-2005, 01:21 PM
You're not that good. :down:
We don't have to be to trounce Buffalo in three days....