PDA

View Full Version : upon further reflection

Billsouth
10-05-2005, 09:20 AM
i do believe that losman played well on the touchdown drive. he threw a couple of nice outs. the problems began when clements went for the homerun which was intercepted and led to another score for the aints.

the reasons why rothlisberger did so well last year were as follows:
1. he was not asked to win games but asked not to lose them. this means they ran the ball much more than passing.
2. they simplified the playbook until he played a number of games
3. pitts o line played very well. if u give a qb enough time eventually someone will get open.
4. pitt's defense played great which allowed for the conservative offense to flourish.
4. they really lower expectations (at first) which took a lot of pressure off of him

as we all know, rothy was very sucessful last year. we have done none of the above. in fact we really have done the opposite and, therefore, should not be surprised that jp and the team are struggling.

moreover, i really believe that our defensive struggles are hurting us as much as jp's play. additionally, our play calling and offensive line are significantly impacting jp's performance.

we really need to get back to basics and play some smash mouth football. losing spikes sucks but we need to suck it up and get down to business.

OpIv37
10-05-2005, 09:22 AM
i do believe that losman played well on the touchdown drive. he threw a couple of nice outs. the problems began when clements went for the homerun which was intercepted and led to another score for the aints.

the reasons why rothlisberger did so well last year were as follows:
1. he was not asked to win games but asked not to lose them

that was the original theory this year, but kind of went to hell when our D turned out to be completely worthless. The Bills can still take pressure off of him by using McGahee more, but with the D playing like it has Losman will have to win a few games himself if this team is going to be successful. Which is why I don't thinkt his team will be successful- he's just not ready.